Is Cakewalk going out of business?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They have no tech support. People, including myself, have been waiting for months with no reply. I've tried to call their main number for a customer service issue for two days now and all I get is a recording that says "All Circuits are busy." They cannot be contacted by any means. This looks bad.

Isn't that basically how it always has been?

chk071 wrote:Isn't that basically how it always has been?

Not really.

Well i only own Z3TA 2 as a "support eligible" product, but, that one hasn't seen updates for some years, even though there were critical bugs, then it has seen some updates for a couple of weeks, and now, there's silence again. I also read loads of times here, that their support isn't accessible at all.

chk071 wrote:Well i only own Z3TA 2 as a "support eligible" product, but, that one hasn't seen updates for some years, even though there were critical bugs, then it has seen some updates for a couple of weeks, and now, there's silence again. I also read loads of times here, that their support isn't accessible at all.
You are correct that support is not accessible at all but now their main customer service number is also not accessible.

That is odd.

Well, I hope for the sake of their customers they are ok (despite my feelings)

If not now, they're gonna go later if they keep this up.

I just paid for Sonar Platinum and nothing is delivered into My Account.

No reply from support. not just for me but a whole bunch of die hard fans.

The consensus I gather from the customers who paid would be to ask for a refund...

In your worse case scenario, Gibson wants to use the tech and re brand the software package.

Good luck guys.

Some what reminds me of the Camelaudio buyout.
It don't mean a thing IIAGTS :D

The sky is not falling (yet).

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowled ... ng-support

They've hired new staff, but still have to train them. For the time being they're hurting, support-wise.

There are twenty different threads at the CW forums explaining this if you want the details.

I suspect some support staff quit right around the time they got a sh*tload of new customers (because of the lifetime upgrade deal), making the situation much worse. But this is just speculation on my part. :?

OP not getting support = Cakewalk going out of business

:o

:hihi:

i wouldn't worry. 8 years back when i was on windows and using many cakewalk products (including sonar), it would often take 2 or 3 months to get an email reply, if I got one at all (around a quarter of my emails were ever answered at all).

Also, when i rang them, my calling card ran out before someone came to the phone (i was on hold for like 2 hours). it seems exactly the same as ever. With that link above, it's just another typical cakewalk excuse of why their support is so bad, "apparently at the moment". It's just the way it's always been.

That's what i was thinking. :D Really, it's a bit ridiculous, i mean, you're buying a professional DAW software,you have a problem, maybe your income depends on it, and you're on hold support wise. That is NOT professional, really.

I suspect they're getting their phones swamped now from applicants since they are, or were, hiring.

Ugh... that would be pretty weird if they used the same phone line, or the same telephonists. Or, if they get so many calls that they can't answer to noone anymore. Nope, can't really imagine that.

Well, they're still releasing Sonar monthly updates on schedule (Aug's was released today), as well as early-access updates, so someone should tell their programmers they've gone out of business. :wink:

Wait, could that be the big Presonus announcement? They bought Cakewalk... and moved their tech support to Baton Rouge the week of the flood...

Well they sent me an offer of lifetime upgrades for $99. When I follow the link it says $199. If I don't talk to customer support before Aug 31 I loose the deal. Who is running that company? How can you completely drop the ball on such an important part of your business?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”