Kilohearts new plugin Multipass to be released November 13th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multipass

Robmobius wrote:REAPER, Ableton and S1 can do the same thing through routing (very easily).

The have added another snap to the collection: Transient Shaper

kilohearts.com/products/transient_shaper

I've been eying this for a long time, Im on logic pro X so i cant do this the easy way, has to be done with sends to multiple mix channels, makes it more tedious and messy to save settings. (Please correct me if there is a better way) anyhow, I considered if I should switch daw to get this feature, but figured that I can probably build the specific multiband fx setup i want in reaktor instead so thats now my plan. Agreed the pricing of it is high and the snapins does not appeal since i have bread and butter fx in my daw already. On the other hand, if money was not an issue at all, Id love to use it creatively Im sure its really nice to work with.

I'm sorry, but I'll still have to 'pass' on it with those ridiculous prices.

I know... My puns are brilliant.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Is MultiPass multi-touch capable?
Is it Multi-touch friendly?

I am asking as I have a 10 touch mutli-touch monitor.
See my studio picture
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&p=6718002#p6718002

No, they're single-touch.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am No, they're single-touch.
Too bad Multipass is not Multi-touch capable.
If made in Juce it would be MT automatically.

Second question.
Does Multipass have randomizer per Frequency band?
How about Preset randomizer to create variations of the preset?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:08 am
Second question.
Does Multipass have randomizer per Frequency band?
How about Preset randomizer to create variations of the preset?
Nope, no randomizers. Imho, Multipass is worth checking out for anyone who's interested
in this type of effects system. It will either meet your needs or it wont, surprisingly, even
if it doesn't, you might still want to use it for times when your needs are less. Certainly, its
slick and convenient enough for that.

Anyway, getting the very nice and free 'snap heap' makes demoing multipass pretty painless.

I have the Works and barely ever use any of these... I find these too limited in all regards - the individual processors on their own and the two modular hosts as a modular system.

The Hofa System totally pisses all over Kilohearts in all regards, is WAY cheaper and in fact multitouch capable.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I agree that the Hofa System is better in most ways. Although, its only cheaper because
of the number of effects. Any new additions are gonna cost you as a previous owner, while
new buyers can get everything for less than you did.

No, as a System owner you get them with a nice discount. Especially when using vouchers they give you now and then you pay a lot less.
Last edited by jens on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

I bought it at release for $50 iirc, I can add the 2 new processors added since for about $90.
During a sale a new buyer can match what I have exactly for about $90...

And even at their full price the additions would still be much cheaper than new Snapins, at least considering what you get. The mod suite consists of five individual plugins - that's a tenner per plugin. E.g. the Phaser plugin offers five different algos, while the very limited Kilohearts Phaser on its own is already 19$ - there's really no comparison.

pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:42 am I bought it at release for $50 iirc, I can add the 2 new processors added since for about $90.
During a sale a new buyer can match what I have exactly for about $90...
Did you log in to the webshop? You should get at least 10% discount (probably more). You should find your upgrade offer at the front-page after logging in. And in addition there was a pre-release sale (I am not sure how long it went) and do they not send you any vouchers?

Eh, whatever... I have and like both systems. If hofa was as generous as khs in regard
to adding new processors, I would be very happy about it. Just as I would be happy
if Khs could match the quality and flexibility of hofa's :shrug:

Actually, my favorite multi-effects system is BYOME from Unfiltered Audio, although
currently, it's not multi-band.

Return to “Effects”