New algo reverb: Hornet Spaces

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zexila wrote:Quite contrary here, it's pain looking at it longer than few seconds, hurts. :o
5+ pages of bitching about a GUI cramps the brain more than the GUI. Especially when this is all that really counts:
But the software itself is great and underrated.
Zzzzzz

The reverb is very special and sounds really good, no artefacts, great depth.
GUI does not fit to sound to me.
I would expect something like this:

Now we are talkin´

:tu:

IMHO, the aliased font doesn´t look good, though. And what does Absobrtion mean? :P

removed
Last edited by Pprimo on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poshook wrote:The reverb is very special and sounds really good, no artefacts, great depth.

way better

soulone82 wrote:Now we are talkin´

:tu:

IMHO, the aliased font doesn´t look good, though. And what does Absobrtion mean? :P
As a draft it is ok :wink:

poshook wrote: I would expect something like this:

That's nice. Good contrast and readability, proper fonts and discreet colors - much easier on the eyes. I would prefer this over the current GUI.

Ok guys since I'm the kind of person that like to see opportunities I came up with an idea that will please anyone.
Send me your GUI designs for Spaces, it doesn't have to be a skin, you can change the knobs position, change the sliders into knob or a futuristic 3D control never seen before...design the GUI from scratch.
We will review your proposal and if it's good enough we will code it and sell it along the one I designed. For every copy of the plugin sold with your design we will give you 20% of the price minus sale taxes

What do you think of the idea?
Saverio

HoRNet wrote:Ok guys since I'm the kind of person that like to see opportunities I came up with an idea that will please anyone.
Send me your GUI designs for Spaces, it doesn't have to be a skin, you can change the knobs position, change the sliders into knob or a futuristic 3D control never seen before...design the GUI from scratch.
We will review your proposal and if it's good enough we will code it and sell it along the one I designed. For every copy of the plugin sold with your design we will give you 20% of the price minus sale taxes

Saverio
Ha! good one! I still like your design the best. its a good diversion from the norm.

poshook wrote:The reverb is very special and sounds really good, no artefacts, great depth.

This is actually amazing. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

HoRNet wrote:Ok guys since I'm the kind of person that like to see opportunities I came up with an idea that will please anyone.

Saverio
I think you offer too much. Why not just have a choice of skins under the one interface. The current one and a more down to earth, sensible one. OhmFarce (aka OhmForce) used to that when they made Plug-ins.

Give a free copy of the Plug-in to the person who comes up with the design for GUI MK2. That grey idea looks nice imho.

You've got to make a living.

My 2c.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Only 4 comments on the actual sound of the plugin
Amazon: why not use an alternative

HoRNet wrote:.. if it's good enough we will code it and sell it along the one I designed.
Would it be a much more complicated step to make the plugin "skinnable".. i.e. user skins (validated by you ;) ) stored on disk, and available via a pop-up menu? (rather than the "fixed" number of skins that it reads like there ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Only 4 comments on the actual sound of the plugin
Goes to show how important a proper GUI is...
Last edited by soulone82 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Only 4 comments on the actual sound of the plugin
:lol:

good old fashioned kvr. amazing how shit just goes right over ppls' heads.

eg. poshook's generosity here is really gracious and astonishing. like an angel appearing on a battlefield, with the solution for peace. and the next thing that happens, someone shits on it, "letters in wrong order" more anxious to critique than to absorb the fact of what the f**king picture is they're writing about.

it's why i say, in 12 years, 600 posts is probably more sensible than the eg. 11000 i have. but that got interpreted as hostility as well.

civil society eh. *six* pages in and all the goodwill of the developer's gift is trivial compared to the opportunity to slag someone.

if you like plugins and audio, maybe one day there will be a place for us :)

(i gotta stop posting in this thread, congrats on an egalitarian and friendly "business model" - maybe we should put those terms in the other order ;) )

you know, god help you clowns if one day someone decides to make a plugin that looks like a box of chocolates or anyrthing other than some nasty old piece of rich audiphile approved plastic so we can keep authorising referential culture and thus ensure there is never any growth or change or shift in power from money to people who can actually do things and help people.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Effects”