Great uad plugs discount:which one is your Top 1?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the new fairchild is a HUGE improvement on the old one..
We actually like the original better, and if you think you can consistently pick out the new fairchild as the better sounding plugin, i can post some files. If its a "HUGE" improvement, should be a breeze for you to go 20 outta 20.

producer7 wrote:
the new fairchild is a HUGE improvement on the old one..
We actually like the original better, and if you think you can consistently pick out the new fairchild as the better sounding plugin, i can post some files. If its a "HUGE" improvement, should be a breeze for you to go 20 outta 20.

you are allowed to like the original better! What's the issue here? You are the guy that trolled me in PM's and you are doing it here again. You purposely do not read what I actually write.. accuse me of being a newb via PM, and actually don't get what I say at all.

So i have to think you are purposely trolling me. As the OP does EDM and i clearly explained why the new fairchild is a huge improvement for that. a wet/dry knob, and a highpass filter which is ESSENTIAL for ANY master buss EDM compressor.

But at 100% wet and no HP used at all, of course you are allowed to like the original better! It's a huge improvement cause of the FEATURES... it makes it MUCH MORE USEFUL IN GENERAL. FOR EDM especially.

You probably don't like the sound of the signal path that's been modelled in the update.. maybe that's why the original sounds better to you.. and once again you are allowed to have a preference! I have no interest in playing your silly games and do a/b tests.. unless of course you are willing to do the tests with the highpass set, and do EDM tests, and the wet/dry.. vs the original.. of course then i will pick the new one every single time with 100% hit ratio in a listening test.

Why oh why did i press "display this post" :dog: i sometimes do that when i forget why i muted someone and it was like "why do i have this guy muted?" - then i remember and realise when i see the post.

you are allowed to like the original better! What's the issue here? You are the guy that trolled me in PM's and you are doing it here again. You purposely do not read what I actually write.. accuse me of being a newb via PM, and actually don't get what I say at all.
I didnt troll you at all....I had a legit interest in something you were selling and you started throwing your temper tantrums and acting like a SEVERELY self centered child, similar to the way you are acting now, and in this case just because somebody offered you a blind test, which you are clearly intimidated by.

I guess its easy to SAY theres a HUGE difference, but when it comes down to actually PROVING your claims, its easier to just flip out and pretend like the question doesnt exist.

UAD Must haves. My opinion of course.

1176 MK2 - best on the market
LA-2 MK2 - best on the market
Fairchild 670 MK2 - monster
EMT 140 - Fav plate. (Waves new AbbeyRoads Plates is dope, but UAD processing if offloaded)
EMT 250 - My Fav Drum Room. (Slight tweaks to the preset)
Pullet MK2 - I really like the MK2, but the MK1 are still VERY USEFUL.
Neve1073 MK2 - My go-to Unison Pre.
Neve 33609 - Sweet VCA

Maybe not must haves, BUT I like 'em
Manley Massive Passive - lives on my 2 buss
Manley VariMu - lives on my 2 buss
ShadowHills Mastering Compressor - lives on my 2 buss
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

Big UAD fan so its hard to pick one, or a few....

Just purchased the Chandler Limited Curve Bender Mastering EQ and getting much use from it.

The AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb is very interesting.

Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb is used often.

Good stuff...

Return to “Effects”