Studio One users...Presonus hardware integration

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was thinking of adding the following:
1. Notion ($50 for studio one professional owners)
2. Presonus Studio Mobile
3. Presonus Faderport

Big Studio One user. Anybody think these would be good purchases? I'm on windows 10.

Hi beatmangler,

I'm a Presonus user with a Faderport here. :)

1. if you work with notes this is an absolute no-brainer. You won't regret it.
2. I guess you meant the Firestudio Mobile audio interface. Presonus has pretty good preamps (considering the price). Of course there are also other solutions like Focusrite, MOTU or RME (!!!!). IIRC the Firestudio uses Firewire. I've worked with the Firestudio 8 in the past. Solid, never let me down. But I'd rather get a USB audio interface for Windows computers.
3. Presonus Faderport rocks. I love it since it also uses the Mackie protocol which makes it usable with other DAWs (like Ableton Live here). Remember to install the latest firmware (otherwise the fader might not work at all). Installing that firmware might be tricky since there may not be any other audio- or midi-device installed. My pc didn't like to update the firmware at all, I had to use my notebook. Since then everything works like a charm.

Hope I could help. :)

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can only report about Faderport. Works like a charm since years and with S1 even better. Notion 6 is ready here to be discovered. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Long time Studio One user here.
FaderPort is excellent.
Notion at $49.00 is a no brainer. Go for it and buy in at that price. I did.
I can't comment on Presonus interfaces as I don't own one.

murnau wrote:Can only report about Faderport. Works like a charm since years and with S1 even better. Notion 6 is ready here to be discovered. ;)
I hope it's good. I got a brand new one online at $115. The store only had two. I got notion for $50 and I bought the presonus studio 192 mobile. Hope it works well with studio one.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”