Patchwork and Serum/SerumFX

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork Serum

I am running PatchWork v1.7.3 on Windows 10 x64. When I load up the latest release of Serum (v1.109) into Patchwork, and then switch to a different patch in Serum, Serum stops functioning. I think the preset recall process is failing inside of Patchwork. Some functionality returns when I select "Init Modulations" or "Init Preset", but Serum is still pretty much messed up (the UI state does not update; e.g. certain UI elements remain disabled).

Serum FX (v1.109) also gets messed up when switching between presets when hosted in Patchwork.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

This is indeed odd. Have you contacted Xfer records about it? Since you are selecting the preset inside Serum, PatchWork doe snot do much about it (except listening for parameters changes). By the way, have you tried disabling undo tracking on the plug-in? (option available in the plug-in slot menu).

Issue here with Logic X 10.2.4 - OS X 10.11.6 too.
Just changing patch on Serum (VST) makes Logic crash.
Disabling undo tracking fixed the issue.
Why does this undo tracking function set to off is fixing the problem?

It is likely that there is a bug in this plug-in, which does not support being saved while a preset is being restored: when undo tracking is on, PatchWork will track plug-in changes, and everytime a change occurs, the state of the plug-in is saved.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:By the way, have you tried disabling undo tracking on the plug-in? (option available in the plug-in slot menu).
Thank you for the tip; after turning off "Track Undo", Serum/SerumFX immediately regained the ability to change presets once again. It's a shame that the "Track Undo" setting defaults to being on. I think I would like to be able to configure what the global default setting for "Track Undo" should be in Patchwork.

Changing Serum presets in Patchwork used to work fine without issue. Did the incompatibility between Patchwork and Serum arise after a recent update to the Serum plug-ins, or after a recent update to Patchwork? :shrug:

I have not reached out to Xfer Records about this recent incompatibility between Serum and Patchwork.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I'm experiencing this issue today. Serum "hard" crashes Patchworks (and the DAW) regardless of the DAW or in Standalone. I've tested Logic, Reaper, Live - in AU, VST, VST3 versions of Patchwork 1.7.3 and lastest build of Serum.

Having said that, I love Patchworks. Looking forward to what comes next.

L

Have you tried disabling the 'Track Undo' option on the slot before loading the plug-in?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”