Phonec 2.2 update in the works

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm currently planning out a v2.2 update for Phonec.

One of the main things I want to do here is implement a chorus effect. I've been adding a chorus to Phonec almost by default lately, it just sounds so good. So I figured, it might as well have one built in. I'm considering a very simple effect, similar to the Juno one-button options, where switching it on just produces that perfect, subtle effect, but maybe more controls might be needed. I'd like to hear your thoughts. What would you like to see in a built in chorus effect?

Maybe an integrated EQ with filters for the chorus effect would be great.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'd like to see it kept simple.

My favourite in-synth chorus FWIW is probably the one in Amber from Fxpansion's Synth Squad. Three knobs: rate, spread, and 'style'. The rate and (stereo) spread knobs are used to tweak one of 8 or so chorus styles selected by the style knob, and each style works really nicely with the instrument's general tone. Then there's of course the 2-switch chorus which I love in TAL's emulation of the Juno 60.

With that in mind, I guess I'd be looking for a compromise that takes up as little GUI space as possible but offers a (perhaps very slightly tweakable - even just a rate knob) 'core' sound that works well with the instrument. Even the Juno 60's two-switch chorus is a godsend because that thing is laser-focused when it comes to how beautifully it enhances the general tone of the instrument. It's hard to imagine patches where it'd sound better switched off. For anything more complex there are free effects to do the job.

Give us a rate knob and make it sound beautiful, then I'm happy with it. ;-)

Return to “Psychic Modulation”