Reaper 5.24 VST3 Resize Bug

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaper was just updated, it contained an 'improvement' to VST3 resizing of Melda plugins. Unfortunately this has created two new problems:

- All my melda plugins are being sized to very small on opening. Every plugin window I open has to be resized in order to see it. Closing and reopening the plugin resets it to very small again... it's killing my workflow.
- When resizing, the plugin window goes white.

I've put a post on the Reaper forum, but wanted to post here too so Vojtech was aware, obviously its a Reaper issue though.

Thanks

That quirk is a feature http://imgur.com/a/vVotR.

Any particular reason you are using vst3 though?

It has considerably better sidechain support, often my tracks can require multiple sidechains (1 for the 1st FX, another for the 2nd). There's some other misc benefits too, we've discussed it here in the past but I can't remember offhand.

I seem to only remember the issues hehe, primarily no bridging.
Better side chain though? Looked the same to me, maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

Here's more info on VST3 vs VST2:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/tec ... /vst3.html

I've been using VST3 for ages now, and frankly it's been a huge pain in the ass with all the bugs and whatnot.

Oh, well I know about those, but I don't think these really apply to Melda plugins in reaper.

Yes, apparently that's true.

Anywho, the bug is already fixed now in 5.25pre1. Just confirmed. That was quick!

I should use VST3 more frequently too really... unfortunately some are really buggy though, like the Novation V-Station VST3. The u-he are said to be buggy too (according to the devs).

Problem is already solved in the new pre version of Reaper 5.25

Yes, as I said above. However I'm now seeing other issues with metering, where the in out meters don't work sporadically. Trying to get solid repro case. Curious if anyone else is seeing that in this pre release.

Simulated, will check what the hell is going on. It's rare, but still, something fishy is happening...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hope you had a good vacation!

Okay, I was throwing bugs at the reaper forum related to this stuff and Justin's been very responsive to fixing things. The recently released 5.26pre1 fixes all the issues introduced by the various fixes that went in since 5.24... Well, with the exception of these two issues:

Metering on mxxx (and various others) can stop working if you open the plugin while playing. It can get working again by resizing the plugin.

Resizing any melda plugin causes it's window to go pure white while being resized. It's pretty annoying.

I use vst3, on win 10, 64 bit everything.

Fixed the metering already. As for the resizing, could you be more specific? Works here just fine. BUT Reaper does this ugly white flickering, it always did that, so what you are describing seems like they removed the plugin window leaving the white thing visible only. Anyways as I said, here it works.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”