Exponential Audio Nimbus Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: Nimbus

Beatworld wrote:
bmanic wrote: They definitely sound good! All of them. I just don't need 3 (or 5 if you count the surround versions as their own products) of them. I'm happy with one. :)
After living with the Nimbus betas for a few months (and having the other 2) I think that anyone, who currently has none of them and only wants 1, should definitely get Nimbus :wink:
This I can totally agree with. It's a no-brainer really. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

nordickvr wrote:
Fleer wrote:Tail suppression is nice, but indeed, nothing new about Nimbus. I'm hurrying back to Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. Still mystified.
I also think that CPU wise there will be no comparaison.
Exponential Audio high quality worth to be mentioned too.
Well, of course traditional reverb/gate/ducker/sample rate reduction/filtering etc is a lot "cheaper" in terms of CPU use than what we're doing in ADAPTIVERB. That'd be an apples-to-oranges comparison IMHO.

Exponential Audio do awesome stuff, but I'm not sure what you mean by pointing out "quality" in terms of comparisons...I don't see us having anything that would be "lower quality".

All that said, I'll be grabbing a copy of Nimbus as you can *never* have too many reverbs – as with compressors or EQs – and I'm sure this is a nice one :D
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote: Exponential Audio do awesome stuff, but I'm not sure what you mean by pointing out "quality" in terms of comparisons...I don't see us having anything that would be "lower quality".
While i think he didn't meant it in comparison, i would point to the sense of a realistic space that Exponential Audio Reverbs create in combination with a extremely nice and transparent sound.
That's in fact something amazing, specially in combination with the extremely low cpu load.

Hmm, reading it that way – assuming the comparison bit ended in the sentence before – yes, that makes sense. I do fully agree to the general assessment that EA does very nice sounding stuff 8)
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Nimbus in action - vocals, snare, congas

https://soundcloud.com/user7538266/beat ... remix-2016

Arrested Developer wrote:
zynaptiq wrote: Exponential Audio do awesome stuff, but I'm not sure what you mean by pointing out "quality" in terms of comparisons...I don't see us having anything that would be "lower quality".
While i think he didn't meant it in comparison, i would point to the sense of a realistic space that Exponential Audio Reverbs create in combination with a extremely nice and transparent sound.
That's in fact something amazing, specially in combination with the extremely low cpu load.
The low CPU use of Exponential Audio reverbs always amazes me. I could use as many instances as I want without ever worrying about it, and I appreciate the skills that go into coding so efficiently. I have some reverbs that use 5x as much CPU but don't necessarily sound "better."

Valhalla has always impressed me on this front as well.

Nimbus appears to be out today. Filled out the form for the $99 "upgrade" from my copy of R2 but have not received any acknowledgement yet from the Exponential Audio. Very eager to try this out on a couple of tracks.

I am sure you know you can download and use in demo mode in the interim..
Demo mode just times in in a few days (two weeks?) otherwise identical to the paid version.

Curious to know what bmanic will make of it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, as a matter of fact doing the demo right now. Am very pleased with it but I was sold on this way before that, and after using Phoenix as well.

Instant upgrade.
This plug in is so amazing...wow

Upgrade from Phoenixverb is too expensive and the intro price period is too brief for me to even get the money together in the first place. Also it doesn't seem to take into account having more than one of their plugins (I have 3) unlike their other bundle options.

aMUSEd wrote:Upgrade from Phoenixverb is too expensive and the intro price period is too brief for me to even get the money together in the first place. Also it doesn't seem to take into account having more than one of their plugins (I have 3) unlike their other bundle options.
Agree, too expensive for an upgrade.

Yeah, if you don't already have PhoenixVerb it's very nice indeed but as PhoenixVerb is the only one I have $99 is just too much for some (in the grand scale of things) minor improvements.

Arrested Developer wrote:
While I think he didn't meant it in comparison, i would point to the sense of a realistic space that Exponential Audio Reverbs create in combination with a extremely nice and transparent sound.
Thanks @Arrested Developer, you'v got it right.
I just discovered @zynaptiq's reply to my post.
Feel really sorry about the confusion.
I was as a matter of fact reacting to the Adapptiverb's comparaison into Nimbus thread witch sounded not that relevant, imho.
My post began with "Those are pretty different." btw.
@Fleer is showing lot of love regarding Adaptiverb, witch is totally understandable.
I'm totally on his side about Adaptiverb's unique capabilities, really.
Let's get back to Nimbus!
Last edited by nordickvr on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

iLok again?

I am working very hard to move away from iLok. Please offer eLicenser opportunity or I must pass.

Return to “Effects”