Latency, m-aduio soundcard

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to run my guitar through the inputs on my m-audio delta card. I have never gotten latency before, im not sure how to fix it. Im using ableton.

Is there any thing i can do to change the buffer outside of my DAW?
any suggestions could help

thanks

Doesnt your soundcard have zero latency input monitoring? Which model is it?

zoogoo wrote:I am trying to run my guitar through the inputs on my m-audio delta card. I have never gotten latency before, im not sure how to fix it. Im using ableton.

Is there any thing i can do to change the buffer outside of my DAW?
any suggestions could help

thanks
Wrong subforum.

Maybe your sound card driver has changed from asio back to windows default. Check your Ableton audio settings.
No signature here!

Indeed, the Delta family cards have excellent latency. Under 2ms roundtrip, measured with a loopback cable.

If you are monitoring through your DAW and FX you will get some latency. You need to use the direct monitoring option (assuming the delta has this).

Ive used this card for years delta 1010lt, ive never had a problem. Its running in clean, so no vst interference. It says its using the asio m-aduio.

it must be some setting, cant figure it out.

I play and record my guitar through my Delta AP192 soundcard with excellent latency. As mentioned check your settings in Live....... :)

Or do you perhaps use Windows 10 and did you just do the anniversary update ?

(I'm still running Win 7 with my Delta card due to the lack of dedicated Win 10 drivers)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you double the sample rate, latency will be halved.

e.g. if you have a 50 ms latency at 48000 KHz Sample rate, raising the sample rate to 96000 KHz will give you 25 ms latency.

The drawback is that by doubling the Sample Rate, you will be doubling the CPU as well.

got it working, just configured the m-audio control panel buffer.

recording thru plugins will add latency

and playing back audio track and VST synth tracks will Have PDC(plugin delay compensation)

so if u record live your guitar while listening to already recorded tracks(synth and audio)
the guitar will be delayed by the other tracks latency so that explains why u thought on playback u didn't have latency
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Instruments”