Ableton Live 9 serious problem. HELP!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I figured id start here before contacting Ableton...

So, i use a Motu 828mk3 firewire interface connected to my mac. All my instruments plug into this, then firewire to my mac. The interface has clock choices of 44.1 all the way up to 192.

For some weird reason, and this is VERY recent, i get ZERO audio if i choose 44.1-96, but if i choose 1764 or 192, i DO get audio.

I tested with Songbird (an itunes alternative) and i played a few songs at every single clock rate and i have no issues. This issue is ONLY in Ableton Live 8 and 9.

I contacted Motu and they "strongly believe" its not the interface, but Ableton itself.

Anyone here have any ideas of what i could try inside of Ableton to get audio from EVERY clock choice?

Thanks in advance!

-Sin
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

Unplug the unit, can you use Live with just the internal Mac line in and outs @ 44.1
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Is this Live 9 Lite, Full, or Suite? What is the OS version? What are the specs on the computer? Have you tried a different DAW? Can you try something like Pro Tools First (it free) to see how the interface behaves with that? Even something like Sonar can be downloaded for free just to try it out. You may as well download Digital Performer since it's made by MOTU and see what happens? Can you try the interface with another computer?
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote:Even something like Sonar can be downloaded for free just to try it out.
The mac version of Sonar is out? They kept that quiet.

Grum.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”