Tape Emulation Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool! Yeah. I'm gonna send back the Twin DUO. I already have an interface.

From my understanding I can run both an interface and a Satellite DSP

TB reelbuss
While there may be more glamorous plugins with more bells and whistles, this one just adds the stuff you want from tape, and you may think for a while that you want more, you will keep coming back to Reelbuss eventually
Duh

Try the best there is: http://www.acustica-audio.com/
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

That's a coincidence - my two favs are the CDSoundmaster libs for Nebula and TB ReelBus. I use Neb for the critical stuff, and Reelbus for everything else. :)

I've tried a few of these and they're all useful to some degree. Btw I'm running all my sessions at 88.2 and I think that makes a difference with analog and non-linear plugs(compressors and eqs too). Usually I'm using Analog Channel with the Euro Vintage 1 preset on the vocal tracks and Satin on busses and sometimes instrument tracks. I'll also try Satin or something else on the master fader. I don't find that they have any real negative impact on the master. Satin has all those cool presets modeled on real machines. J37 seems to make stuff seem the most rolled off of them all, in the highs. It also seems to overload the easiest. Great plug but definitely a lot different from the others. The Cranesong stuff, Phoenix and HEAT, sound to me like they emphasize the lowest frequencies far more than the others. I rarely use HEAT and Phoenix didn't make me feel like paying $450 for it after trying it for 30 days.

Reelbus is kinda cool, haven't tried it in a while. Kramer Master Tape is smooth and crunchy a lot of the time. Slate VTM comes across more subtle and transparent, closer to Satin than the others. Analog Channel feels like Satin with a touch of the Cranesong sound. I plan to try Avid Reel Tape sometime soon. Ozone 7 tape was pretty decent from what I remember. They're all good and useful, but Satin is the most versatile.
My attempt at creating an educational audio site along with something for my services:

http://www.fidelityrebellion.com

thanks for all the suggestions

Return to “Effects”