90s SKIN for Tyrell N6 V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:Anyone remember where this one came from ? I'm using it now.

I like that one, cool! :)

Unfortunately theme editing and creating is pretty much shot in the dark or lots of time wasted without proper instructions. Even if there is a list of themes available in the VSTi menu after the theme files have been added into the approriate VST \Support\Themes\ folder, they don't necessarily load proper. I think Urs mentioned last year something about making instructions for this but at least I have missed any further info about it.

If editing an existing theme, I've found the fastest sure way to succeed is to open the script file in editor like Notepad++ and going at it line by line. Then adding the three Data folders (Fonts, Images, Scripts) into the VST plugin\Data folder after making sure nothing remains of the old theme files in there. Yes, this only works for one theme at the time but avoids strange theme mixtures which seem to happen otherwise.

The included theme editor seems to work proper only once and even then only by copying some of the edited data back into the original script. Any further edit tries end up as a mess, the editor can't seem to even open up with the previous edits intact. Sure, some may know how it actually works, I don't...hence hand editing the script itself.

Thanks for the info, subterfuge. I had no idea creating Themes was so complex. Since I can live happily with the default skin, I'll concentrate on making music for now and save dabbling in graphic design for another time.
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYInT ... 53N-Rs3c-g
Instagram - billgdegillio

Surely concentrating on making music is better option until there's proper time to go into designing stuff. I just recently happened to have an "extra" day and decided to do the latter, fixing, as it happens, three custom N6 GUIs which all had some errors in there. Nothing drastic, just aligning and resizing some controls and text, adding Revision display, correcting small glitches.

Without previous experience on this, it took several hours just going through all the theme related topics in here and anywhere I could find them. And again several hours trying out all the bits of instructions found and noticing how they would or would not work. And finally the "real" design changes were done mostly by hand typing and copying/pasting. Not because I wanted to do it like that but because that seemed to be the only way where the results were predictable and acting like supposed to. Nice part is that now I know from inside the scripts something about how these themes work. Not so nice part is that anything else than minor tweaks would take ages to finish this way.

Themes would be great. I like to reskin plugs based on their usage to make it easier to tell which track I'm working on with multiple vst displays open. I guess I could put multiple copies of the Tyrell dll into separate folders and then create different symlinks to the data folders.

It looks like this was a skin from KVR User Scoobz. He does some amazing skins and he used to have a website, but it looks like it's no longer online :-( I don't think he has posted here in a couple of years as well.

I would DEFINTELY like a copy of that for personal use if you don't have an issue of sharing
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:

It looks like this was a skin from KVR User Scoobz. He does some amazing skins and he used to have a website, but it looks like it's no longer online :-( I don't think he has posted here in a couple of years as well.

I would DEFINTELY like a copy of that for personal use if you don't have an issue of sharing
+ 1
Fernando (FMR)

That's tyrell-diva from lcggui.com. (No longer available)

Saukar30 wrote: I would DEFINTELY like a copy of that for personal use if you don't have an issue of sharing
I don't mind sharing but does anyone think it would be wrong since the author is no longer around ? :?

Like I said I found this on an old system so I'm not sure it will even function on the latest version of Tyrell.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

> but does anyone think it would be wrong since the author is no longer around ?

Should we share Shakespeare works since the author is no longer around?

Some suggestions for the BLUE skin:

- Correct the Osc 2 wave indicator (saw instead of tri)
- Show noise colors
- Correct position of chorus "Rate"
- Darken the Chorus on/off LED in off state

fairplay wrote:> but does anyone think it would be wrong since the author is no longer around ?

Should we share Shakespeare works since the author is no longer around?
Very poor analogy. :roll:

http://copyrightuser.org/topics/public-domain/

"If the creator died more than 70 years ago, his or her works should be in the public domain and can be used in the creation of new work. For example, if you want to create a video game based on Romeo and Juliet, you need to ask yourself: 1) Who authored Romeo and Juliet? Answer: William Shakespeare. 2) When did William Shakespeare die? Answer: In 1616, more than 70 years ago. So, you can create a video game based on Romeo and Juliet without the need to ask for permission".
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry, nevermind my answer, it's totally pointless discussion.
Please delete

Saukar30 wrote:I would DEFINTELY like a copy of that for personal use if you don't have an issue of sharing
Add my name to the list. That's the best-looking skin for Tyrell that I've seen yet.
Teksonik wrote: I don't mind sharing but does anyone think it would be wrong since the author is no longer around ?
I checked out the thread in which he states why he closed shop, and of course it had to do with the lack of donations. IIRC he said he got *zero* donations for his work. I'd gladly pony up some $$ for this skin, so if anyone has a current addy for the developer, perhaps we could collectively encourage him to re-release his work ?

OTOH I also read a thread recently regarding the propriety of selling patch banks for a free synth. Perhaps the same argument can be used here, i.e. that since Tyrell is a freebie then all its support software - patches, skins, themes - should be equally free. I'm not sure I agree with that POV, but there it is. At any rate, I think it most civil to try to locate the original maker and offer him something for his efforts.
Like I said I found this on an old system so I'm not sure it will even function on the latest version of Tyrell.
One way to know for sure... ;)

Best regards,

dp

StudioDave wrote: I'd gladly pony up some $$ for this skin, so if anyone has a current addy for the developer, perhaps we could collectively encourage him to re-release his work ?
I'm in with some $ if we can arrange something. Did someone check if his email addr is still working?

Return to “Instruments”