Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

Yes, but the demos I've heard are rather contemporary EDM, HH, Trance and so on.
Electra had some "traditional rompler" demos so it was more in his territory (even something like "Schlager-Volksmusik") :)

Kumi_27 wrote:Yes, but the demos I've heard are rather contemporary EDM, HH, Trance and so on.
Electra had some "traditional rompler" demos so it was more in his territory (even something like "Schlager-Volksmusik") :)
Well , the best is to check the demo version of the plugin with the included presets and see if those contain those you need.
The fact that the audio demos are based on certain genres does not mean that the 1000+ presets in Icarus do not also include others.

Downlosds for the demo version of Icarus are availble here:
https://tone2.com/html/icarus.html
https://tone2.com/html/download.html
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Kumi_27 wrote:Yes, but the demos I've heard are rather contemporary EDM, HH, Trance and so on.
Never judge a Tone2 synth by the company audio demos... at least I don't. I find their aesthetic awful... but Icarus is very flexible and can create many types of sounds.

Tone2 just released the second official Icarus soundset called "Psychophonia" which includes 229 presets created by KVR member (and Tone2 tester + sound designer) Mac Of BIOonighT:
https://tone2.com/html/psychophonia.html

The purchase also seems to include his new double album called "EVOLVE".

The presets also sem to contain al ot of new custom wavetables and waveforms.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks Ingo :) Yep, it's out, and making it was a lot of fun, Icarus is great indeed :) It also includes my double album as a bonus, and it's geared towards ambient, Berlin School, and atmospheric genres. I hope you guys will like it :)

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

I do miss MSEG's in Icarus

100% agree!
i hope Markus will implement phase mod between osc too!

pdxindy wrote:I do miss MSEG's in Icarus
This is something that would have been nice. I own Saurus, Nemesis, and Electra, and Icarus is similar in many ways, especially in the basic Tone2: great sound, interesting options. I noticed it's not particularly expensive, so I might have to scoop in the future.
Ha ha suck it!

Well, at the moment you could use the Step LFO.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Well, at the moment you could use the Step LFO.
It does not let you draw curves, or change the timing of the steps or anything like that... plus it is only 16 discreet steps. It's rather limited and a pain to try to set it to semitones.

Because Icarus has excellent potential for evolving pads and soundscapes, that is why I particularly miss something like an MSEG.

Now when Icarus been out for a while and the initial impressions have started to settle down.
What's your take on it?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

my 2 cents:
pros:
the pitchmap for resynthesis is the best on the market
it sound good/cpu
easy to make patch from scratch
great filter and env
cons:(version1)
no MSEGs
no osc direct output
no phase mod between osc
cheers

I finished my Icarus demo yesterday. Sounds great, really good modulation options. But I have Electra, which perhaps isn't quite as easy to use (it's picky about imported waveforms for one thing), but is still a hella fine instrument and can do a lot of what Icarus does (I could be wrong, I only messed with the latter for a few days).

Like all of that developer's products, I so like the sound, but Electra remains my go to for Tone2 instruments.
Ha ha suck it!

The public Beta for the Icarus v1.1 update is available now:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2426.0
New features:

- Drag&Drop support: Drag LFO/ENV and drop it to a knob to create a matrix entry for modulation
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign modulation sources
- Modualtion depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount. Clipping is shown in red.
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows the current parameter value and modulation source
- The buttons of OSCs, Filters, LFOs, ENVs, which are inactive are greyed out
- Responsive GUI with Tooltips
- New waveform display mode 'Hypersaw', which shows the detuning of the oscillators
- help->Show version info
- Mouse cursor changes on editing halftones in arp
- Right click on a knob->reset initializes to the default value
- Visual feedback if a button in the wavetable editor is pressed
- TRIG button for the LFO section
- New sync mode for LFOs 'Arp/Lfo soft trig' which retriggers monophonic LFOs after 1 second of silence
- New sync mode for LFOs 'Arp/Lfo classic trig', which allows to set free mode for every LFO individually
- SEMI knob for the OSC section
- New matrix target 'Filter Balance'. It's usefull to control the relationship of the filter volumes when two filters are routed in parallel.

Enhancements:

- Drawing custom shapes with the STEP Lfo is more comfortable
- Better workflow
- Enhanced performance of the knobs
- Parameters are more easy to adjust
- Patch rankings are only stored when the user clicks on the stars
- Display mode is now 'smart' and tries to auto-detect the right one
- Polished some graphics
- Reduced RAM requirement. More instances can be loaded in 32 bit.
- Many other small enhancements for the user interface
- Quick save is more smart
- Category is rotating for a more comfortable patch browsing
- Workaround for buggy hosts which submit duplicate noteOn commands. The Arp does not longer produce hanging note
- Legato is more easy to setup
- Drag&Drop of a wav sample to the OSC display can now create a new resynthesized patch
- LFOs are more smart

Changes:

- MONO in the LFO section has been replaced with TRIG
- On initializing a new patch the default mode is set to 'Arp/Lfo soft trig'
- OSC Punch and OSC Keyfollow button have been moved to SETUP

Fixes:

- Matrix source 'Filter Env' sometimes didn't work
- Removed a glitch from 'Alien Spaceship Mac.fxp'

Bugs:

You can report bugs here:
https://tone2.com/html/bug%20reporting.html
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”