Mbassador incompatible with HarrisonMixbus32C

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MBassador is not being recognised in HarrisonMixbus32C. (no vst and no vst3 of MBassador)

Others like MMultiBandDelay are recognized and working correctly.

Some more are not recognized there, but only with MBassador I am sure it doesn't come up, although being scanned. The location of the plugin is correct as well.
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

Yeah, well, I don't want to deal with this developer at all, sorry. This mixbus thing doesn't work with half of the stuff out there and they don't care and replied literally "that we should fix that in their source codes"... no thank you... Mixbus is officially unsupported.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

That's understandable.
I used S1 instead - works too.
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

@MeldaProduction:

I'm very sorry to hear that you have developed this opinion. I vaguely remember speaking with you many years ago, and it is likely that I invited you to inspect the open-source code that we use to load plugins. I think it is a very -desirable- thing, for a plugin developer to have full access to the host. I don't remember anyone else getting mad about this. But perhaps there was a miscommunication. If so, I'm sorry about that.

For what it's worth, we regularly test one of your plugins (MAnalyzer I think) for compatibility.

-Ben at Harrison

Hi Ben,

yes, I believe it was you who I was talking to. You basically told me, that we need to fix the problem you had at that time in your own source codes, which is ridiculous. Sorry, but I'm going to be straight - I have no intention of exploring your source codes anyhow (even open source, no difference) and I don't care what other developers think about it. You are selling your product, so you should be doing that. I have hundreds of thousands of lines of code for our stuff, that's enough for one company :D. Anyways, from what I heard (and at that time also tested) Mixbus doesn't (or didn't) really work with half of the plugins on the market, so it is pretty clear on which side the problem lies. Please feel free to check these particular problems and let me know if you find anything that would suggest there is some problem on our side, but I quite doubt it, because the engine is exactly the same for all our plugins.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I said something like "we can't guarantee support for every plugin in Mixbus, but we welcome your input, and you can even look at our source code to tell us what we're doing wrong." .... I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

Luckily some other plugin manufacturers chose to work with us, and we resolved those issues long ago.

Like you, we have plenty of our own code to maintain. We have limited resources to pursue third-party interactions, so collaboration has worked very well for us in the past. We recently fixed a long-standing incompatibility with SoundToys within a few moments of talking to their developers.

I'm happy to help you determine the cause of the issue with Mbassador, if you are interested. Your other plugins are reported to work, so it might be something simple.

Best,
-Ben

Very well, I'm glad we are on the same page. Did you check it out? I mean the new plugin. Is I said, I don't see any reason for it not to work as it has the same kernel.
Vojtech

If I can help...

Sadly at the moment I can only do this for Win7 64bit. Our Win10 Studio is being renovated currently. And Win10/32C does recognize less of the Melda plugins, as far as I remember - it was much more empty around there ;).
But MBassador is being scanned and not showing up on both systems for sure.
MConvolution and MXXX is there on both systems for sure.

Not there Win7/32C:
MBassador
MPhatik
MTurbocomp
MAGC

Could also check some other hosts to verify it's indeed mixbus? (I assume so, but still, we need to be sure)
Vojtech

Hm, I can in a week or so I can check Wabelab9.
Only Studio One is available to me at the present time and...no problems there with any MeldaPlugin. 8) :tu:

That's good enough, so it needs to be Mixbus. Ben, are you reading this?
Vojtech

Yes, I'll make a note to try the demo on Win10 later today.

If you have time to try it on your side, you can get a free demo of Mixbus from this page:
http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html
( You'll find the demo link on the right-hand side; it loads plugins and is fully-functional, other than an occasional "hiss" )

-Ben

Well, I tried (btw. asking for filling a form just to download a demo was a big "should I even do that..." for me), I installed it, but I have absolutely no idea how to work with this thing. After gazillion of clicking I finally ended up in mixer, and I accidentaly clicked at the right place to show add plugin, but I found out no way to actually add a 3rd party plugin, then it crashed and I was like "ok, that's enough...". So sorry, I don't seem to have a patience for this :D.
Vojtech

@MeldaProduction:

You'll find the plugin scanning in Preferences->Plugins. Double-click or right-click in the black area at the top of the strip to add a plugin.

I was not able to recreate the user's report of scanning problems, on either Win7 or Win10. The plugins ( including MBassador ) scan fine for me, and operate normally.

However there is an odd behavior that we will investigate. The Melda plugins cause a "mono" channel in Mixbus to become stereo, even though we explicitly avoid doing that.

-Ben

I'll check when possible... I won't probably find anything anyway - if it won't see it, nothing, if it will, nothing, so... :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”