MDrummer : How to Remove ALL Effects and Reset All Parameters for a Drumset ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

This remains my go to drum software despite owning almost every drum plugin known to man.

How do I remove ALL the effects applied on a particular drumset in its entirety (all components) ? Very tedious to do it one by one.

How do I reset basic and advanced drum parameters to zero or default for the whole drumset (all components ) ? Even more tedious to do it one by one.

Hi,

thank you!

1) I'd suggest a preset, if there is no "empty", just make one ;).

2) No way and won't happen, sorry, it seems quite extreme to be honest.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks for the reply !

1. Would the preset work on all components ? Some of the effects are a bit extreme, and infact you can hardly hear some of the acoustic samples without them.
2. Some of the settings are a bit different from my liking, as I always like to start with a vanilla acoustic kit. but alas if it cant happen, there is not much to say in that regard.

also, while we are at it : as discussed before, please allow an option to sort imported multi samples to be sorted by name. currently i think its doing this by rms or peak (which is it?).

still awaiting your reply to 1.

i cant find a way to save "no effects" as an effect preset that applies across all drumset components.

Hi muslimpunk,
I can see what you're asking, and no, doesn't look like there's a way to turn off all drum effects at once for a drumset that has been saved (and then loaded) with effects.
BUT...if what you want to do is audition all the samples without effects (or indeed audition all the components without effects) you can load the empty drumset (Load/Root/Empty). Then add say Snare Drum1 and audition all the samples....there won't be any effects on anything.
You might already know all this but if not, hope it helps a bit.
And hope you're doing OK in Melbourne. I lived in Adelaide and Sydney for many years before moving to London 1998.

goldglob wrote:Hi muslimpunk,
I can see what you're asking, and no, doesn't look like there's a way to turn off all drum effects at once for a drumset that has been saved (and then loaded) with effects.
BUT...if what you want to do is audition all the samples without effects (or indeed audition all the components without effects) you can load the empty drumset (Load/Root/Empty). Then add say Snare Drum1 and audition all the samples....there won't be any effects on anything.
You might already know all this but if not, hope it helps a bit.
And hope you're doing OK in Melbourne. I lived in Adelaide and Sydney for many years before moving to London 1998.
hey goldblob thanks for the reply . it seems like the best solution in the current circumstances.

IMO the dfault kits are ridiculously boosted via eq / etc. I have been mixing drums for a while and have never used those kind of boosts even in "mix ready" drums.

melbourne is pretty aswesome. i moved to oz a year ago and life has been very tough, but its a great place.

I added the "sort by name" to the to-do list, but not promising anything ;).

As for the others - what exactly are you trying to accomplish anyways? I mean reseting all parameters to zero sounds like a crazy idea - if you want to design new drumsets, why don't you simply create one from scratch? Something that would be "default" as you want and use that drumset as a basis for others? The effects are often used to change loudness indeed - it's because many times some samples are much louder than others and the drum gain itself wasn't sufficient. Also the MLimiter is often used to get some warmth and character. You know, making all drumsets compatible with each other was quite a challenge :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:I added the "sort by name" to the to-do list, but not promising anything ;).

As for the others - what exactly are you trying to accomplish anyways? I mean reseting all parameters to zero sounds like a crazy idea - if you want to design new drumsets, why don't you simply create one from scratch? Something that would be "default" as you want and use that drumset as a basis for others? The effects are often used to change loudness indeed - it's because many times some samples are much louder than others and the drum gain itself wasn't sufficient. Also the MLimiter is often used to get some warmth and character. You know, making all drumsets compatible with each other was quite a challenge :).
Yes, I understood that the loudness of different samples was an issue as soon I removed the effects :)

I am right now going with the idea of my own default kit as an starting point, or an empty kit as an default.

No worries, I still think MDrummer is the final word in drum software.

I want to start making mdrummer kits commercially at some point, but with the problems faced with sharing custom drumsets , that remains a dream.

Thank you! :love:

About sharing custom drumsets - that could technically be solved but there are 2 cases:
1) You want to share one huge drumset with lots of samples - then the drumset archive should do the trick.
2) You want to share a collection of samples (and other resources) along with drumsets, components etc., sort of a library - in that case you'd need to make an archive of the files within the MDrummer factory structure and either let users extract the files manually (which is easy enough, but OSX users may it a little more complicated...) or we can add some functionality for that.

Or you can make the drumsets for us and we can include them with MDrummer ;).
Vojtech

Considering that for the components of an imported kit to be included in MD's generating mechanism, they have to be saved individually into MD's factory component folder structure, Vojtech's "or we can add some functionality for that" (above) sounds exciting.

Well, I'd first like to see if someone is actually going to use this :). In that case I'd suggest following way to do that: You'd distinctively name all the resources in MDrummer's factory library, e.g. every drumset in a subfolder called "John Smith's great library" :D, then there would be a way to export this into a single file, which would make MDrummer search for everything in such directories and create a single file for it. The users would just use some import feature.
Vojtech

Hmmm, yes, a complex thing.

1/ With MD I can already archive a kit and share it.. which is great. The recipient will get the exact kit and settings I have saved as an archive, but, the components won't be integrated into MD's generating thing (unless recipient learns how to do that manually). Bit hard to grasp as well...the archive ends up in Factory/Imported/xxxxxxxxxx/My great library/Kick 1 etc, where xxxxxxxxxx is a string of numbers unique to the computer where the archive was created (or something..all very puzzling). Also, the recipient needs to be informed that after loading my archive he will now have the same bunch of samples taking up space in two places on his computer: one lot still in the archive file, the other in MD's Factory folders. Compare this to the streamlined and straightforward way programs + samples can be shared for applications like Sforzando or TX16Wx.

2/ I could also share a bunch of samples and a recipient could use 'Analyse and import a sample library'. This is also great, the recipient gets to tweak a lot of parameters (option to create components, automatic volume adjustment, etc). This is a very much valued functionality: drumset and component files are created which (1) refer to the original sample library without duplication and (2) are integrated into MD's wider functionality. Trouble is, for sharing, the resulting kit will be essentially MD's creation and perhaps not exactly as I intended.

I'm just wondering whether there could be a 3rd way, a sort of combination of the two above, where the exact kit with its settings and multilayers as set up by the author could be exported/imported but with the further options of integration, and with a more familiar 'reference to samples' rather than duplicating them.

Don't think of this as a pressing FR... I'm just thinking out loud and trying to clarify in my own mind what I think muslimpunk might be getting at.... But perhaps with this enhanced and streamlined functionality MD could become the industry standard for sharing drums. It's already the most sophisticated virtual drummer/drum sampler/drum synth on the planet.

Actually both 1 & 2 aren't ideal for anything more complex than a single drumset. I suggested something different. Put all your resources to say:
MDrummer factory / Samples / My new library / ...
MDrummer factory / Drumsets / My new library / ...

Then create say a ZIP archive of the MDrummer factory excluding everything else than My new library (just copy it somewhere else and delete the factory stuff). The user will just put the ZIP into MDrummer folder and extract the data, which will technically merge it with the factory library. Sadly the stupid OSX extractor will instead create duplicate folders... So you may tell users to extract everything manually - a ZIP for Samples, a ZIP for Drumsets etc... More complex... I was suggesting that MDrummer could do that automatically.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”