Behringer BCR2000 Controller Installation Issues on Windows 10

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone get the BCR2000 drivers to install on windows 10. I have the latest firmware on the unit (1.10).

When installing with the 64-bit drivers off the behringer website, it seems to go well until prompted to turn on the BCR 2000. When I turn on the BCR-2000, I get an error message saying that the device is not found.

In Device Manager, the BCR-2000 is listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as "Unknown USB Device (Invalid Device Descriptor)."

In the properties, it also says: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have tried running the driver installer as an administrator and in Windows 7 compatibility mode with the same result.

Any ideas? I'm tearing my hair out.

Thanks

I tried it as well and never managed to get it to work. I was even in contact with Behringer rep about it and this is his reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. I have not heard of the status of a new driver or update. Focus has been on the newer X-Touch series but eventually something should be released. Sorry I couldn't be any more specific."

The unit works via MIDI as always, just not via USB. :(
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

I feared that would be the answer.

I presume it can't be edited with the B-Control software via midi? I can't remember if that was useful. Been a while.

I got no horse in this race, but your stage name is funny :hihi:

kuntflap wrote:Can anyone get the BCR2000 drivers to install on windows 10. I have the latest firmware on the unit (1.10).

When installing with the 64-bit drivers off the behringer website, it seems to go well until prompted to turn on the BCR 2000. When I turn on the BCR-2000, I get an error message saying that the device is not found.

In Device Manager, the BCR-2000 is listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as "Unknown USB Device (Invalid Device Descriptor)."
I have both the BCF and BCR running (via USB) with the 64-bit drivers v1.0.10 under Windows 10 Pro.

(o) In Windows Device Manager, have you already tried to manually update and point to the unpacked BCR driver file.
(o) Have you already tried if running the BCR in U-1 operating mode (can be set in the global setup) makes any difference?
(o) You might find some additional hints in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=450929

I tried all those and also participated in that thread but I couldn't get it to work, no matter what. Since it's working in your end, it might be a conflict with something else.

I'm not using my BCR at the moment because I got an M-Audio Code61 keyboard a while ago and use the controllers on that.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Yesterday I had a similair problem with my PCR-800 keyboard. I have a dedicated DAW OS which runs Win 8.1 but since it's a dual-boot and I sometimes just quickly want to try something out, I needed it to work under my regular Win 10 OS. I found the common problem is unsigned drivers and some threads offered this solution (which worked for me). Some did mention this bypass only works for Roland & Edirol devices but it can't hurt to try. WIth this commands you temporarily disable Windows driver signing so you can install the hardware driver, then enable them again when done.

Open elevated command prompt (run as administrator)

BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING ON

Reboot (optionally, depending on how lucky you feel ;)

Install the unsigned driver.

Re-enable driver signing enforcement again:

BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING OFF.

Reboot and fingers crossed :)
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”