FL Studio 12.3 Official Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Never a dull moment :hihi:

Been using it quite a bit, still don't understand it for shit but it's very stable here right now. It's more fun than reason even though reason is very efficient for me.

I'm just glad I can use it. For a LONG time I couldn't figure out the basics, got frustrated and gave up. I've owned it since 4.

The thing that is more frustrating than anything else with hosts (other than companies that don't fix stuff and trolls that support them anyways) is that in the year 2016 I would have thought that they all would be much better.

Oh well, just glad it's not crash-happy :)

Too quiet around these parts.

Maybe I should give FLS a spin again. I love it how fast it is to make a loop but trying to make a full song.. Just remembered why I stopped using it -_-

incubus wrote:Too quiet around these parts.
Why not try the 12.3.1 Beta

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Against my better judgment I did.

I don't have any serious projects so wasn't sure how to back up preferences and like the idea of a fresh start. So far so good.

Still getting glitchy stuff with audio looping like the previous version. I wish I had both to compare them.

The first note issue seems to be much better with midi :)

I haven't tried 12.3 much... But what I would really like Imageline to work on is the Flyer plugin (using FL as a VST). It has so much potential... But because it ALWAYS skips the first beat on playback makes it super annoying. Also... Directwave needs some SERIOUS love. And personally, I like the old VST manager... The new one is so complicated.

I'm still adjusting to the UI right now & watching tutorials on how to use it. Maybe I'll be up to speed one day, but from v11 it takes a little bit to get used to
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Oh how I just hate it that I can't quickly change the velocity from the step seq anymore.. Or easily make as long loops as I want in step seq..

Edit, there is a small possibility that this is linked to our old pal, the wifi. No problems with reason though.

Nope. The only thing I can guess is that it's graphics related. I've had that problem with every version I can remember but in no way am I saying it's not my system. But it's definitely NOT the cpu/power and it's definitely NOT the wifi (It happens when it's off)

There has to be some little funky issue because again, the CPU and the little meter are totally kosher. And, again, I can run projects that run into the 60-80% range that don't have the little cutouts.

Also, I've messed around with nvidia settings, which do nothing. Oh, and yes, I tried the "fl studio asio" setting and it was worse :shrug:

incubus wrote:Too quiet around these parts.
But that is what we want right, a rock stable DAW with no need for fidgeting or updating every other week :shrug:

A little late to the party, eh? :hihi:

It is stable. I have no idea what the issue I'm having is. I also addressed the fact that there is still a few niggles with the beta.

How it seems to work is if I like something, it's abandoned until I stop liking it :lol:

n/m

incubus wrote:n/m
If you have questions please use Looptalk or Techsupport where we have lots of people ready to respond.

http://support.image-line.com/redirect/LoopTalk

http://support.image-line.com/redirect/TechSupport

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Something minor that has annoyed me for years...

I want to raise the Master Pitch by 300 cents. I right-click on the Master Pitch and click "Type in value" .. I type in 300 (thinking it's working in cents, right?) and push Enter. The Master Pitch jumps to maximum! It seems that the cents value and the fader value don't correlate. This is the same with the Master Volume control too.

100% volume = a value of 0.80 on the fader.
80% volume = a value of 63.8 on the fader.

It defeats the purpose of typing in exact values if they make no sense or require further calculation in your head.

Also a suggestion on the Master Pitch fader... you should allow it to work in steps. This is the musical way of working with pitch, ie: tuning a guitar from E to D, you are dropping the tuning 1 whole step. From C to C Sharp, you are raising the pitch HALF a step. Why can't I type "-1" or "+0.5" into the Master Pitch value and have it move in a logical fashion? Ofcourse I'd still love access to micropitching things to 8 decimal places :lol: .. could the master fader behaviour be an additional preference setting?

I just think it'd be another tiny improvement that would help push this DAW forward.

(unless ofcourse it already is and I'm doing it wrong!)

He said looptalk or tech support :x

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”