Patchwork parallel routing question

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand the routing of the parallel chains. Whenever I activate a parallel chain, this seems to become the *only* signal path after the PRE chain, through which all of the dry (post-PRE) signal is being routed. Where is the parallel dry signal being routed at this point, where is my fader or mix level for the dry signal, how do i balance wet and dry if there is no dry?

From the explanation in the manual and the videos, it should be very simple but i just don't see it. If i turn down the output gain of the parallel chain, all of the sound gets dialed down. I would expect the dry signal to remain after turning down the parallel chain, which is what usually happens if you have things in parallel, right? I thought that at the end of the PRE chain there would be another split into:

1) a copy of the signal being sent directly to the post rack and then to the master out (this routing doesn't appear to exist)
and
2) a copy of the signal being sent through the parallel chain and then out to the post rack and to the master

The only way i have been able to get parallel processing going is by using the wet/dry mix knob at the top right, which defeats the purpose of the parallel chains of course. So how am i misunderstanding this?

Parallel chains can be used to perform parallel processing. If a copy of the dry signal was copied to the POST section then there would be no way to get rid of it nor control its volume.

So if you want to have both the dry signal and a processing chain in parallel, just activate TWO parallel chains: one with the plug-ins you want to insert, and another one with no plug-in, which will carry the dry signal.

Hope this helps!

sorry for the late reply. i have seen the light, thanks!

:tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”