Help me see the light....(IOW, I think this plugin stinks, change my mind)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread is to talk about plugins that some people think are really bad. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to demonstrate, not just state, why the plugin isn't so bad. So, please post videos, say how you used a particular patch in a track, etc. Note, this is in the instrument forum, so this is just about instruments.

I'll go first:

I just downloaded Sonnivox Twist on demo. The most exciting sounds that it makes are the horrible clicks that mute Reaper when you change the filter. What exactly is the point of this thing? Is there anything at all redeeming about this plugin?

go!

ghettosynth wrote:Is there anything at all redeeming about this plugin?

go!
No. :lol: :party: :dog: :help:

Didn't Air buy that company? I hope not :hihi:

ghettosynth wrote:This thread is to talk about plugins that some people think are really bad. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to demonstrate, not just state, why the plugin isn't so bad. So, please post videos, say how you used a particular patch in a track, etc. Note, this is in the instrument forum, so this is just about instruments.

I'll go first:

I just downloaded Sonnivox Twist on demo. The most exciting sounds that it makes are the horrible clicks that mute Reaper when you change the filter. What exactly is the point of this thing? Is there anything at all redeeming about this plugin?

go!
You neither posted a video on how you used that plugin, nor did you say how you used it in a track. Invalid. :P

Iris 2. It's on sale, I'm curious, but I remember finding it really limited. Especially as I have Alchemy, Harmor and Metasynth. OTOH it's really easy to use.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

chk071 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:This thread is to talk about plugins that some people think are really bad. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to demonstrate, not just state, why the plugin isn't so bad. So, please post videos, say how you used a particular patch in a track, etc. Note, this is in the instrument forum, so this is just about instruments.

I'll go first:

go!
You neither posted a video on how you used that plugin, nor did you say how you used it in a track. Invalid. :P
Of course not, the assumption here is that the person complaining is missing something, if we just let anyone say "I like it", then we'd hear that over and over again. So, the complainer doesn't have to justify his complaint, but if you disagree and think that it's good, then you have to explain and support why.

Seriously, I can't see anything redeeming about this plugin at all.

ghettosynth wrote:Seriously, I can't see anything redeeming about this plugin at all.
It provides a salutary response to the idea of the "no brainer". I bought it on sale for not much at all...and found it was worth a lot less than that. I have obtained interesting, usable noises from it and with MIDI learn can be fun.

Or it at least it would be if you could rely on Twist to play a note when you hit a key and not just when it feels like it. Plus the clicks are not isolated to the filter changes – the changes between steps on the motion sequencer will make you wonder if it was designed to model static.

Aiynzahev wrote:Iris 2. It's on sale, I'm curious, but I remember finding it really limited. Especially as I have Alchemy, Harmor and Metasynth. OTOH it's really easy to use.
Here are samples from my sound library.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... for-iris-2

I love it. You can do so much with it.

It sounds a bit cold to me...

ghettosynth wrote:.... Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to demonstrate, not just state, why the plugin isn't so bad. So, please post videos, say how you used a particular patch in a track, etc. ...
You mean posting music & audio instead of just talking ? :tu:

You should be aware than some people just hate this on kvr :hihi: :hihi:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:.... Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to demonstrate, not just state, why the plugin isn't so bad. So, please post videos, say how you used a particular patch in a track, etc. ...
You mean posting music & audio instead of just talking ? :tu:

You should be aware than some people just hate this on kvr :hihi: :hihi:
He himself did exactly the opposite :roll:

Gamma-UT wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Seriously, I can't see anything redeeming about this plugin at all.
It provides a salutary response to the idea of the "no brainer". I bought it on sale for not much at all...and found it was worth a lot less than that. I have obtained interesting, usable noises from it and with MIDI learn can be fun.

Or it at least it would be if you could rely on Twist to play a note when you hit a key and not just when it feels like it. Plus the clicks are not isolated to the filter changes – the changes between steps on the motion sequencer will make you wonder if it was designed to model static.
Good to know.

I like the idea of this thread.

Eisenberg Einklang. Do I need to say more? :roll:

Aryaroman wrote:I like the idea of this thread.

Morphing Casios. I wanted to like it more than I do.

ghettosynth wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:I like the idea of this thread.

Morphing Casios. I wanted to like it more than I do.
You and me both.

Before Einklang, I coulnd't have possibly imagined myself asking for more knobs for a synth, but yes, I am now. They say it's supposed to be musical and creative without having to twiddle hundreds of knobs and sliders. A great idea in theory, but...

...Well, it is a bit hard to get creative, when you can only squeeze two kinds of sounds out of it.
And I can't even make sustained patches, because I immediately get stuck notes.

What makes it even worse, if it can be made, is that instead of completing their half-assed product, the developer instead opted to release what could be considered missing pieces of the product (the missing colours), in guise of expansion packs.

Return to “Instruments”