New Sonar Platinum Update

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR Platinum

chk071 wrote:Alright. So you have a host which is only able to handle VST2, but not AU on Mac?
Cubase. Only does VST (on Mac or otherwise).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

chk071 wrote:Alright. So you have a host which is only able to handle VST2, but not AU on Mac?
No I have a couple of hosts that don't support anything except VST2 on Mac - Bitwig and Freestyle. So neither will load z3ta2.

Alright, that's a shame.

whyterabbyt wrote:Im slightly confused by the conflict between 'now available' and 'coming soon' in that announcement. For one thing is 'soon' within this update cycle or not? And is the other stuff mentioned, eg the z3ta+ update 'now' or 'soon'?
They have just sent out another Email explaining that they goofed up a bit, the new Email should clarify the situation. Z3TA = NOW :D
Say NO to CLAP!

aMUSEd wrote:
No I have a couple of hosts that don't support anything except VST2 on Mac - Bitwig and Freestyle. So neither will load z3ta2.
I haven't tried it, but there's this:

http://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst-a ... x-wrapper/

There is a new update for Sonar just released and this update looks like another really good one! The highlight of it is that Cakewalk has FINALLY improved the Matrix View. Below is more info:

MATRIX VIEW ENHANCEMENTS

Those of you who’ve wanted to see some love for the Matrix View will be very happy to check out the latest improvements, which speed up workflow and allow much more flexible Cell manipulation—as well as tightening the relationship of Cells to the Track View and timeline.

LENSES

The new “Lenses” feature optimizes the SONAR UI based on what you want to do – record your guitar or vocal, edit drum loops, or mix your song -- Lenses will give you the right tools at the right time – nothing more, nothing less. Get started with built-in Lenses, then customize them to create your SONAR.

IMPROVED BUILT-IN AUDIO SUPPORT

With new WASAPI drivers, SONAR now delivers extremely low-latency performance with laptops and tablets that rivals Thunderbolt—we’re talking truly high-performance mobile setups, whether for Artist, Professional, or Platinum.

PS. I;m glad to see Cakewalk revisiting older devices like the Matrix and finally improving it.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

what happened to the roiling update for
Workspaces
Is is no longer on the Rolling page.

Kalamata Kid wrote:what happened to the roiling update for
Workspaces
Is it the "workspaces" that turned into "Lenses" possibly?

Workspaces
They changed the name to Lenses. Lenses not only save windows state, but also customized menus and different Control Bar configurations, so they thought that they go beyond what most people would understand as Workspaces, and deserved a different name.

Don't want to hijack too much, but are all the versions much the same other than "included content". Artist looks an amazing deal if it has much the same audio and midi features as Platinum

woggle wrote:Don't want to hijack too much, but are all the versions much the same other than "included content". Artist looks an amazing deal if it has much the same audio and midi features as Platinum
There's a full comparison at https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Versus Professional, Artist seems to be missing

Patch Points & Aux Tracks
Expandable ProChannel
Audio Snap Enhancements
Surround mixing support using Surround Bridge

plus content
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
woggle wrote:Don't want to hijack too much, but are all the versions much the same other than "included content". Artist looks an amazing deal if it has much the same audio and midi features as Platinum
There's a full comparison at https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Versus Professional, Artist seems to be missing

Patch Points & Aux Tracks
Expandable ProChannel
Audio Snap Enhancements
Surround mixing support using Surround Bridge

plus content
thanks, little if any of that is particularly useful to me (audio snap maybe). So artist looks a very good deal

woggle wrote:So artist looks a very good deal
It is certainly good deal - I have Sonar Artist 2015, but not current.
It's some external MTC code sync that is missing, too, compared to Pro or Platinum.

Just referring to your video stuff - I have a vague memory that Artist does not have thumbnails in timeline for video, just the preview windows.

But look for it and check, if that might be different now.

I think Platinum have Vocal alignment or what they called it too.

But Sonar never needed Quicktime for video.

Sonar Professional used to be everything Platinum was without bling-bling content, but that has changed recently. More and more features only in Platinum, and trying to move people over.

lfm wrote:
woggle wrote:So artist looks a very good deal
It is certainly good deal - I have Sonar Artist 2015, but not current.
It's some external MTC code sync that is missing, too, compared to Pro or Platinum.

Just referring to your video stuff - I have a vague memory that Artist does not have thumbnails in timeline for video, just the preview windows.

But look for it and check, if that might be different now.

I think Platinum have Vocal alignment or what they called it too.

But Sonar never needed Quicktime for video.

Sonar Professional used to be everything Platinum was without bling-bling content, but that has changed recently. More and more features only in Platinum, and trying to move people over.
thanks and thanks for noting my video interest as well - I am installing a demo now, even the Pro version might be possible price wise.

JoseC. wrote:
Workspaces
They changed the name to Lenses. Lenses not only save windows state, but also customized menus and different Control Bar configurations, so they thought that they go beyond what most people would understand as Workspaces, and deserved a different name.
I had assumed that Workspaces was a Bidule or Patcher or Multi-instrument modular environment.
So I extremely disappointing.

Gotta say thought Cakewalk is working hard to stay on top with the other top DAW's.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”