Voxengo SPAN 3.0 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SPAN

27-Oct-2016: Voxengo SPAN version 3.0 update is now available for download. SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for professional music and audio production applications. For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN is available in AudioUnit, AAX, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.6 and later), and Windows computers.

List of changes in version 3.0:
  • Added "RT Sigma" analyzer type.
  • Added "Spectrum Offset" display modes.
  • Made bottom group selector switchable.
  • Fixed "zoom in" function's issue.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.

SPAN also features output level metering with adjustable ballistics and integration time, K-system metering (including calibration K-system metering). SPAN displays level metering statistics, headroom estimation and clipping detection. Correlation metering is available as well.

SPAN features:
  • Output signal power statistics
  • Spectrum smoothing
  • User interface window resizing
  • Clipping statistics
  • Correlation meter
  • K-metering
  • Stereo and multi-channel analysis
  • Mid/side analysis
  • Internal channel routing
  • Channel grouping
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages
  • All sample rates support
Voxengo SPAN and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/

Great update! Span has been one of the most used plugins in my projects several years. :tu:

Thanks, updated. :tu:

Great plugin and nice to see even though its free, the developers keep on, well, developing it, cheers Voxengo.

devilnishy wrote:Great plugin and nice to see even though its free, the developers keep on, well, developing it, cheers Voxengo.
Thanks. Well, SPAN searches bring around 4000 visitors monthly, in the current advertising economy it is worth around $800, so while it's free it's too important to not develop it.

"Added "RT Sigma" analyzer type."
... how does it compare with the current types like RT Max? I notice that they are different but is one better than the other?

3ee wrote:"Added "RT Sigma" analyzer type."
... how does it compare with the current types like RT Max? I notice that they are different but is one better than the other?
RT Sigma displays dispersion of the power spectrum. It is a kind of "dynamic range" display - the louder the frequency, the more dynamic it is.

Fantastic news! Use this one all the time. I believe this is the most popular analyzer out there.

It seems like Voxengo brand has re-awakened. Perhaps other tools will get an update soon.

Thank you!
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
devilnishy wrote:Great plugin and nice to see even though its free, the developers keep on, well, developing it, cheers Voxengo.
Thanks. Well, SPAN searches bring around 4000 visitors monthly, in the current advertising economy it is worth around $800, so while it's free it's too important to not develop it.
Nice to see that it gives you revenue, it's a great plugin that I use constantly.

Tank you for your effort. :)

I have a Span Plus license - will this being updated as well?

dreamvoid wrote:I have a Span Plus license - will this being updated as well?
Yes, it will be updated as well.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Do i get this right, you get $800 per month, just for the ads people see when they download SPAN for free?? Damn, that's nice. :) And thanks for the nice plugin, i like it.

I think what he means is it would cost $800 per month to pay for advertising to get 4000 visitors to the site.

Oh, i see. So, basically, SPAN is there to get potential customers to the site. Fair enough. :P

I've been using SPAN for over ten years in pretty much every project, it's still my favorite go to analyzer, so thank you very much Aleksey for this great plugin!

Return to “Effects”