Ableton Suite stock Sample-Instruments vs Komplete 11 Standard Sample-Instruments?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am planning to buy Ableton and do not know whether its gonna be Suite or Standard. I have Komplete 11 Standard and only use the Orchestral Sounds of it and Guitar Rig, so i kinda regret that i bought it because as far as synths go serum and maybe one cpu friendly simple synth are enough for me.

Since i cannot find any forum posts for that topic i ask you:

For anyone who has tried both, are the Strings, Brass, Woodwinds (etc.) of Ableton Suite comparable to the ones in Komplete Standard?

Thanks for replies!

Do a 30 day Ableton Suite demo and see for yourself. I have Live 9 Suite and Komplete 10 Ultimate, for realism and articulation options the NI stuff has the edge.

I wouldn't get Ableton Suite just for the sample packs (that is, if you don't see yourself using Max For Live, Sampler, Operator, and the AAS instruments). The Ableton orchestral/band stuff is useful but I'm more likely to use it as fodder for serious mangling/manipulation.

FYI you can pick up Ableton Suite secondhand in the classifieds here for pretty cheap (I paid less than 50% of retail).

The strings brass and woodwinds are slightly smaller versions of the same libraries that Sonnivox is now selling. Google them and you will get quite a bit of info about them. Basically, people really like the hall that they were recorded in. However, they are quite old.

The thing is, however, that Kontact is the defacto format for those kinds of libraries, so it's worth having around and even worth standardizing on.

The thing about suite is that there's a lot of fluff in there. Honestly, if you're recording with orchestral instruments, why do you want Ableton? It seems like a lot of expense for features that you won't use to the fullest and it is absent of many other features that might be useful to you?

I have K9 standard, I haven't upgraded, so i can't speak to the few things that are new. I do have ableton suite and a few other daws so feel free to ask more specific quetsions.

I tried the trial after reading this and the NI stuff really sounds kind of more isolated while the Ableton instruments sound more atmospheric/lush. I would probably not buy any commercial Kontakt libraries so i really don't need Komplete and the Ableton stuff is probably enough.

Thanks for the replies!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”