SuperVoice mx4

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I've created a new MUX Synth called SuperVoice mx4. This synth sounds much like the Matrix 12 or a Super JX, or even a CS80 (I have not tried to replicate any particular synth structure). I have layered 4 oscillators each with its own settings. I am programming a selection of patches so you'll get a quick idea of what she's capable of. The 80's style brass stab synth patch is a killer!! trust me :)

[The SuperVoice mx4 synth does not suffer from CPU overload as did one of my previous MUX synth's (the FS80). I may revisit/rebuild the FS80 using Mulab V7 as this synth did sound rather good and deserves another chance to shine]

SuperVoice mx4 Specifications (so far)
1, 2,3 or 4 oscillators per voice
Select-able Waveform for each oscillator
2 x LFO per oscillator (VFA and VCA)
1 x pitch envelope per oscillator
Pan-able oscillators
Pitch adjust for each Oscillator (semitone and fine)
1 x Global Filter envelope
1 x Global Amp envelope (with velocity adjust)
Detune (for a fatter sound)
Global HPF

Cheers for reading

Steve
Aka Midland Synthetics

Were the link ?

I keep meaning to build something like my only ever SynthEdit attempt - http://www.drealm.info/SynthEdit/pljmod1.html -- I actually quite liked what it could do.

sounds like really nice synth; is there download link?

Your description is nice. I'm wondering if .wav files can be loaded as oscillators or LFO waveforms?
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

You use an audio to modulation converter to turn any audio signal into a modulator. You can also use the "Sample Player" module to play any sample file in place of an "Oscillator" module, e.g. in the default Poly Synth modular area.

pljones wrote:You use an audio to modulation converter to turn any audio signal into a modulator.
I see. But, how does one change the waveform of a LFO? Say I have a waveform in the Sampler and then send that to an Audio to Modulator but there's no input on the LFO to alter the waveform.

If you're trying to use audio as an LFO why do you want to pass the modulation into an LFO? You need to explain what effect you're trying to achieve.

pljones wrote:If you're trying to use audio as an LFO why do you want to pass the modulation into an LFO? You need to explain what effect you're trying to achieve.
Well, I feel bad I've hijacked this thread but I'd like to be able to use single cycle waveform as an LFO. The LFO module has a number of built-in waveforms but I'd like to use my own waves in the module (primarily for filter cutoff patterns).

+1
I like the idea of using single cycle waveforms as lfo waves.

You can already do this guys,is that which has already said in previous posts pljones,
you can use an oscillator as lfo and load the single cycle waveform in it,
a setup like this:oscillator > audio to modulation converter > modulation mapper > and connect the output like an lfo to what you want.

Taifunk wrote:a setup like this:oscillator > audio to modulation converter > modulation mapper > and connect the output like an lfo to what you want.
Ah-so! I was close, I just needed to add to modulation mapper. Thnx for the tip!

I see, thanks Taifunk, again! :tu:

You're welcome guys :tu:

runaudio wrote:Were the link ?
it's on its way. I got held up by several things. The synth has been improved now anyway. I will put a link to my Yandex Disk space today or tomorrow.

I have attached a recent iteration of the MX4 but it has changed slightly since.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Return to “MUTOOLS”