New Korg iWavestation App Coming Soon

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Awesome so much easier to program - but I can't see a Gadget version?
It becomes Milpitas in Gadget.

http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/

??

Edit: "The first product to be produced by the ex-Sequential Circuits development team in Milpitas, California, the Wavestation keyboard was generally anticipated as the technological successor to the Sequential Prophet VS vector synthesiser."
바보

MIlpitas, California is where the ex-Sequential Circuits team that developed the Wavestation were based.

...i was too late :wink:

I saw also that the legacy collection plug-ins are 50 % off.
I saw the iWavestation has just 32 polyphony?
Does the plug-in offer the "full" 256 like the hardware.
Also the iWavestation has 8 parts.
Do the plug-in offer more?
The app cost 19,99€ here and the plug-in about the same at the moment with the sale.
For sure the GUI for iOS looks better but i'm not sure if it offers the same?!

Edit: I think i was wrong...the original seems to has also 32 polyphony... but 16 parts.
Last edited by Cinebient on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What an amazing UI overhaul. It actually makes the wavestation easy - dare I say fun - to program. I really hope they update the plugin with this interface, but, otoh, it's easy enough to export patches.

suthnear wrote:What an amazing UI overhaul. It actually makes the wavestation easy - dare I say fun - to program. I really hope they update the plugin with this interface, but, otoh, it's easy enough to export patches.
If you own both versions...can you tell me if they are exact the same (including polyphony and parts etc.) beside the GUI.

Goddamnit, of course i had to buy it. I´ll have to join a support grp that helps people with iOS Synth App addiction :-)

Still, i feel privileged to have such a synth monster for 19.99€ with a really nice UI. Mastering this beast will have me occupied during the winter, the sonic possibilities just seem so vast. It has these digital vintage synth sounds, especially the pads and "airy" choirs that i love. Timeless for certain Ambient/Chillout and Soundtrack genres. I´m sure some people will love the cheesy 80/90s brass/clav etc sounds as well, not for me though :D

Got it last night...sounds great!

suthnear wrote:What an amazing UI overhaul. It actually makes the wavestation easy - dare I say fun - to program. I really hope they update the plugin with this interface, but, otoh, it's easy enough to export patches.
Dived into creating patches, holy jeezus, how much this must have sucked on the original hardware compared to this. How did one get anything done? And on top of that, messing around with some ROM cards?

What a time to be alive :)

DayvanCowboy wrote:
Dived into creating patches, holy jeezus, how much this must have sucked on the original hardware compared to this. How did one get anything done? And on top of that, messing around with some ROM cards?

What a time to be alive :)
The wavestation had a passable interface for an early 90s keyboard of its complexity, but it certainly involved a lot of button pressing. Programming wave sequences, especially, was a PITA. The plug in exactly replicates this interface. The iOS app transcends it.
DayvanCowboy wrote:How did one get anything done?
Fewer distractions back then :)

Fewer distractions back then
That´s a great point. Motivation is a huge issue, and laying down 2000 bucks for a Wavestation is different from 20 bucks for an app. I guess you were committed to really dive into the instrument, and get the most out of it, regardless of the user interface.

It´s easy to forget what you really have in your hands right now, an absolute monster synth, with capabilities that still make my head spin, because it´s just "another app"

With this great user interface, i think this synth engine might experience a rennaissance!

DayvanCowboy wrote:
Fewer distractions back then
That´s a great point. Motivation is a huge issue, and laying down 2000 bucks for a Wavestation is different from 20 bucks for an app. I guess you were committed to really dive into the instrument, and get the most out of it, regardless of the user interface.

It´s easy to forget what you really have in your hands right now, an absolute monster synth, with capabilities that still make my head spin, because it´s just "another app"

With this great user interface, i think this synth engine might experience a rennaissance!
True...but still i don´t get why they limit it with todays software options. Cards? No import of own waveforms?

The card thing sucks, and is propably for the users of the original synth. They have memorized which waveform is where and now it's our turn lol. Id redesign the browser with a waveform preview, to go along with the rest of the awesome UI and oscilloscope.

But the Synth is just gorgeous. Now i've figured it out thx to the good manual, and instantly created some sounds, where i've always wondered what synth/effects this could be. It just sounds so awesome, very early in the patch creation, even before wave sequences, or vector synthesis. Strings, choirs envelope lfo chorus reverb and you have a 100% Boards of Canada sound...

Christmas came early this year :-)

DayvanCowboy wrote:The card thing sucks, and is propably for the users of the original synth. They have memorized which waveform is where and now it's our turn lol. Id redesign the browser with a waveform preview, to go along with the rest of the awesome UI and oscilloscope.

But the Synth is just gorgeous. Now i've figured it out thx to the good manual, and instantly created some sounds, where i've always wondered what synth/effects this could be. It just sounds so awesome, very early in the patch creation, even before wave sequences, or vector synthesis. Strings, choirs envelope lfo chorus reverb and you have a 100% Boards of Canada sound...

Christmas came early this year :-)
Now i´m tempted...thank you.
I just bought Avenger and my money is gone but having such a tool in the pocket (i use iPhone 6S plus) sound great. Together with Mitosynth it could be an impressive mobile ambient, soundscape workstation.

Sorry :D

You said you were into layers, ambiences and pads, you will love this synth! It was always known to be a choice for Soundtracks, by Vangelis etc. To me it already closed a significant gap where i always wondered, what kind of synth would produce these kind of sounds.

If you have a hardware version of the Wavestation then the IOS version seems worth the price just for the editor (I hope).

:hihi:
바보

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”