Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Soundplex wrote:
izonin wrote:Could it be that the GUI refresh rate is not capped, say at 30fps? The controls action is extremely smooth, though.

I had this on a game engine, where the fps would go to over 1000fps, maxing out the CPU.
The website says 60fps... But that shouldn't cause that overload either especially on the cpu.
Those GUI´s with visual real time feedback can be suck some juice for sure.
A reason why Moog for iOS and f.e. Pulsar Modular for OSX use the metal API from Apple to get smooth GUI´s with excellent zooming. I heard it can be 10 times better.....but i have no clue about this. For sure you have to go to the deepest core level to make such GUI´s not wasting CPU.
But this is really an extrem case and the only plugin-in which do that.
So i wonder if that is just not well implemented yet and can be solved.

Just checked the GPU monitor - over 95%! wtf? And my GPU started making these whistling noises... hope it won't die.

I've recently bought Omnisphere - and as I'm really into Trance - I fancied a pure Synth to go with it - was considering Spire - but I didn't like the sound too much, so left Serum, Sylenth1 or this - would this be a good choice for Trance - wouldn't cost much more than Sylenth1

izonin wrote:Just checked the GPU monitor - over 95%! wtf? And my GPU started making these whistling noises... hope it won't die.
Whistling? You mean coil whine?? That's not good...

Buckster wrote:I've recently bought Omnisphere - and as I'm really into Trance - I fancied a pure Synth to go with it - was considering Spire - but I didn't like the sound too much, so left Serum, Sylenth1 or this - would this be a good choice for Trance - wouldn't cost much more than Sylenth1
AVENGER is the better choice, imho :tu:

OK people be careful! Avenger almost fried my graphics card. My GPU has passive cooling so the first warning sound I got was the squealing noise from the chip. When I checked what's going on with CPUID HWmonitor, the GPU utilization was 95-96% and the temps approaching 90 degrees! Everything went back to normal when I closed the Avenger GUI, but my card still makes weird scratching noises plus a constant whistling sound.

The hottest synth 2016 for sure :hihi:

Buckster wrote:I've recently bought Omnisphere - and as I'm really into Trance - I fancied a pure Synth to go with it - was considering Spire - but I didn't like the sound too much, so left Serum, Sylenth1 or this - would this be a good choice for Trance - wouldn't cost much more than Sylenth1
Sylenth1 is yesterdecade's news. I would go for something newer, like Avenger, or possibly Rapid. You can do much more (imo) with Avenger, but you get good results quicker with Rapid (this is also my opinion).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Cinebient wrote:The hottest synth 2016 for sure :hihi:
Needs a hotfix. :D

izonin wrote:OK people be careful! Avenger almost fried my graphics card. My GPU has passive cooling so the first warning sound I got was the squealing noise from the chip. When I checked what's going on with CPUID HWmonitor, the GPU utilization was 95-96% and the temps approaching 90 degrees! Everything went back to normal when I closed the Avenger GUI, but my card still makes weird scratching noises plus a constant whistling sound.
I don't understand, how can something with passive cooling make any noise at all? (unless it's a high frequency noise due to a damaged capacitor or coil)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
izonin wrote:OK people be careful! Avenger almost fried my graphics card. My GPU has passive cooling so the first warning sound I got was the squealing noise from the chip. When I checked what's going on with CPUID HWmonitor, the GPU utilization was 95-96% and the temps approaching 90 degrees! Everything went back to normal when I closed the Avenger GUI, but my card still makes weird scratching noises plus a constant whistling sound.
I don't understand, how can something with passive cooling make any noise at all? (unless it's a high frequency noise due to a damaged capacitor or coil)
it is coil whining indeed.

Glad I didn't buy this at launch since it seems to be killing people's computers

phew

thanks for the replies to my question - much appreciated

have to say - now the demo has fully downloaded - just gave it a whirl and it sounds fantastic

CPU usage seems ok too - I was running one of the Preset complex Sequences layered with some pads from Omnisphere and all good

I like the drums being embedded into the package

I make trance also, and find Sylenth to be great for it. I just bought Avenger. Based on the demos it seems like it's a great fit for trance. Looks like it's got a killer arpeggiator too.

okay there is definitely something wrong with the GPU need of this synth.

showing two avengers on screen takes about 54% of GPU power of my GTX 1080 which is a beast of a graphics card.

and some ECO mode does not really solve the issue, b/c the synth should in no way need so much GPU power - its not a game :D
so everyone will be using the ECO mode, which would make the normal mode obsolete.

Return to “Instruments”