Is this freebie useful, if I have (old) Rapture and Dimension Pro?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://reverb.com/software/instruments ... -exclusive

I'm wondering if I want to download this, big download... I have (old) Rapture and Dimension Pro. Is the content in this "Session" new or repackaged old...?

Does anyone know?

So far the content of the Session looks identical to Rapture's. It's just the player version - less knobs/sound editing, but faster acces to presets with better manager. They do sound a bit different to my ears: Sessions seems brighter and somewhat harsher.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Thanks! No need to download 4GB then! :D

Markku wrote:Thanks! No need to download 4GB then! :D
Uh? 4GB? The install is just 448 MB. But yeah.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

You can hear some of the handful of included presets at Cakewalk. You be the judge. Personally I think they're crap.

As stated above. The installer is 448 MB.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

idfpower wrote:
Markku wrote:Thanks! No need to download 4GB then! :D
Uh? 4GB? The install is just 448 MB. But yeah.
The instrument installer is 448 MB. The soundsets, which are separate downloads, add up to about 4GB.

Better check that myself. The few presets that got installed from the installer were lame.

There's one really good thing I've noticed about Session V2. I have (old) Rapture and Dimension Pro myself and Session V2 seems to have located and added these presets to its own database. The good thing about that is that Session V2 is 32bit and 64bit on Windows. So, if I move from 32bit to 64bit, I'll still be able to use my old presets. I haven't looked too closely at the product but that's a big plus for me at least.

Gonna check out the additional free soundsets swatwork mentioned.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

How did you know this was free? I can't see it advertised anywhere on Reverb. I was wondering if they were going to do any more freebies after Drift.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:How did you know this was free? I can't see it advertised anywhere on Reverb. I was wondering if they were going to do any more freebies after Drift.
There was something on Facebook. Unfortunately the posting is so deep in my stream that I can't anymore say who posted it. Reverb.com probably?

The content included with Rapture Session comes from Rapture Pro and is not included with Dimension Pro or Rapture. During install Rapture Session looks for Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro and Rapture installs and copies the programs into the Rapture Session program folder. Rapture Session can play 4 program formats: Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro, Rapture and Rapture Pro.

Just take the freebie and add the code to your account. Then download at some point in the future if you find that you can use it for something.

"Coming soon" it says for me.

chris.r wrote:"Coming soon" it says for me.
In another fourm someone from Canada had the same problem.
Here from Italy the link works fine though.
ghettosynth wrote:Just take the freebie and add the code to your account. Then download at some point in the future if you find that you can use it for something.
+1

I thought this was a soundset expansion for Rapture Session, but what they are giving away is Rapture Session

So no need for (old) Rapture or Dimension Pro then as Rapture Session is a plug in itself.

I also get the "coming soon" on the webpage.

But Rapture Session was already given away free with Beat Mag last year, so it is not the first time I've got it.

So here's the link:

https://reverb.com/software/instruments ... -exclusive

Earlier if you clicked on download the code came up and then it immediately took you to Cakewalk's page in the same browser tab before you could copy the code. They also mailed it to you, but, I suspect that a lot of people bugged support about it, I did. They said that they were working on it and trying to fix it as quickly as possible. So, I suspect that they disabled the download button until they could resolve the mechanics. I imagine that it will be back as soon as they resolve the issue.

In other words, I got mines!

Return to “Instruments”