MDynamicsLimiter vs. Cubase Brick Wall Limiter

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi - In my home studio I typically have vocals, and VSTi piano, drums, and bass as the core of my projects. I usually just want to add 2-3 dB more to the projects, maybe up to 4-5 dB at most.

I've been using Cubase's stock Brick Wall Limiter, with a peak set at -1dB, and auto release set to on. I was interested in seeing what Melda might have to offer to improve the sound quality (I should add I'm not noticing any artifacts and I'm not unhappy with the sound I'm getting so far). Watching the Melda vid comparing different sorts of limiters, I got the impression that the MDynamicsLimiter might be the best, as it is cleaner without spectral flattening, and probably won't cause a lot of pumping since I'm not looking to add a whole lot of loudness.

So I think I'm at the point of wondering what advantage I'd have using MDynamicsLimiter instead of Cubase's stock Brick Wall Limiter in my projects ... if any?

Thanks very much for any thoughts/comments!

I don;t have Cubase so cannot compare them but the best thing to do is downland the MDynamicsLimiter demo and try it out side by side with the Cubase one. Get a good result with the Cubase Limiter then see how easy / difficult it is to get a similar result in MDynamicsLimiter.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

^^ Thanks, Dark Star!

I definitely will plan to trial it! I'm a few weeks away from getting to that point, just wondering in the meantime if anyone here might have used both and had some experiences to share.

Thanks again!

Yep, you should try and check. When I was doing the video I was actually surprised how horrible the Cubase limiter was. I was assuming it's worse, it's a stock plugin after all, but not that much... But the thing is, it depends on the actual music. MDynamicsLimiter is ideal for acoustic stuff, where you don't want to destroy it by making it +128000 LUFS :D :D. If you want superloudness for pop and stuff, use MMultiBandLimiter.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”