MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Tried it briefly but couldn't get it working, wasn't too sure whether I needed to configure things differently in S1 (although other instruments are really straightforward). There's also mention of the issue over at GS.
yea one of those was my post ..think the other guy having probs was bgood

really bugging me now cos i went to mix down and export and everything is there except the bass ..its like the worst case scenario at the moment ..hardly any point if it wont export a mix with the bass included really..Im sure they will fix it ..or maybe give me a headsup on what to do in S1 to get it working ..i have submitted a ticket at IK.

regards

When freezing or rendering a track in Cubase 8.5 Pro that contains MODO, only part of the audio gets printed, the rest is blank.

I have tried this several times with different MODO tracks but the result is always the same.

I've got a question for anyone using MODO through Jam Origin's MIDI Guitar or MIDI Bass, but first I must add my own thanks to Peter and everyone at IK for their devotion to the development and launch of such a spectacular product. I own and record my own bass guitars but I guess I've never really had such easy and instantaneous access to so many cool (and, just as importantly, realistic) sounds. It's actually given me a creativity kick because I'm improvising all kinds of guitar tracks just to dial up different bass sounds underneath. So thank you, IK!

But as far as Jam Origin... has anyone using that gotten slides or bends working through MIDI Guitar/Bass?

koitsu wrote:
But as far as Jam Origin... has anyone using that gotten slides or bends working through MIDI Guitar/Bass?
My midi guitar is a YRG 1000 which is very different beast, but I have had slides and bends using the tremelo bar, which outputs pitch wheel data which is what the jam origin should also output when doing a bend.
However.... I did manage to break this function in that after assigning the pitch wheel to various different functions in Modo when I reassigned it to bends it didn't work, the bend button lit up to show it was receiving pitch data, but there was no pitch change audible.

ArranD wrote:
koitsu wrote:
My midi guitar is a YRG 1000 which is very different beast, but I have had slides and bends using the tremelo bar, which outputs pitch wheel data which is what the jam origin should also output when doing a bend.
However.... I did manage to break this function in that after assigning the pitch wheel to various different functions in Modo when I reassigned it to bends it didn't work, the bend button lit up to show it was receiving pitch data, but there was no pitch change audible.
I can relay this but it might be better to report this directly to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as they will likely want to work more directly with you to resolve it for you. Thanks!

koitsu wrote:I've got a question for anyone using MODO through Jam Origin's MIDI Guitar or MIDI Bass, but first I must add my own thanks to Peter and everyone at IK for their devotion to the development and launch of such a spectacular product. I own and record my own bass guitars but I guess I've never really had such easy and instantaneous access to so many cool (and, just as importantly, realistic) sounds. It's actually given me a creativity kick because I'm improvising all kinds of guitar tracks just to dial up different bass sounds underneath. So thank you, IK!

Wow, thank you for such kind words. I will surely relay yours and those of the many others who have heaped such praise on MODO BASS to the team that worked so hard on it.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
ArranD wrote:
I can relay this but it might be better to report this directly to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as they will likely want to work more directly with you to resolve it for you. Thanks!
I should ultimately open a ticket but I first need to nail down the circumstances which caused it, and at the moment I'm still at the stage of trying all the models, then trying them again with different pickups; jazz bass with a hofner neck pickup in the bridge anyone? Surprisingly useful...
There's clearly a few of us using midi guitars with Modo, so please keep on at the devs for string per midi channel, and legato as a trigger option.
A couple of observations from last night's session with Modo (this time using Sonuus pitch to midi): the string release noise on the brighter basses, like a jazz, gets quite bright and unnatural in the neck position on the higher (pitch) strings compared to the low strings, maybe some additional user control over the brightness scaling? When set to only downstrokes or single finger plucks I would have liked to hear greater variation, again it'd be great to have control from too little to too much.
I'll investigate further, but it will be after I've spent at least an hour finding out what Muse's Hysteria sounds like slapped on a hofner in the neck position with flatwound strings....

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wow, thank you for such kind words. I will surely relay yours and those of the many others who have heaped such praise on MODO BASS to the team that worked so hard on it.
Please pass my congratulations on as well, I might be highlighting niggles, but what they have done in modelling a changing waveform and not just making it sound like a note on bass guitar, but a note played in a choice of ways, in a choice of positions on a selection of basses that I could identify blindfold, is hugely impressive. :clap: :clap: :clap:

yes, very impressive indeed. it's not quite "Pianoteq 5 for bass" i was hoping for, but this is definitely "Pianoteq 3 for bass", and with a few little tweaks here and there, it can get there easily! i sure hope IK continues to develop this instrument further and add not only new models, but also new features and possibilities to it.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I'm away from home at the moment and am yet to download my purchase. Listening to the demos that people have posted, this is easily the best bass virtual instrument that has ever been designed. Almost every aspect of playing a live electric bass has been covered.

I can't wait for what IK will be bringing to the table in the future. I can only imagine what a virtual instrument covering authentic models of real electric guitars and acoustic guitars and basses would bring to the world of digital music, but we are now seeing what is a revolution in the making.

I can imagine in the future, not needing to learn to use a real guitar or bass because virtual instruments are realistic, nuanced and convincing enough.

The future of virtual instruments has to be physical modeling, hybrid modeling and various forms of synthesis.

And thanks to MODO Bass and Amplitube, the dream of having a virtual rock band at your fingertips is now one step closer. And for that I cannot thank IK enough.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

xphen0m wrote:I threw this together yesterday and today. Bass is processed through a Darkglass B7K into the Ampeg bass amp sim in Pod Farm. I'll probably reprocess the bass, but overall, I'm extremely excited for how well MODO plays and sounds. By far my favorite electric bass VSTi. Well worth the wait!

https://soundcloud.com/verncmusic/sets/modo-bass-demo
I have no idea how I missed this (I think the embedded player wasn't rendering quickly and I got scroll-happy) but... Damn! Well done.

And thank you for the kind words about MODO BASS. I'm glad you are already able to do quite a lot with it, quickly. Again, I say well done :)

dredd i knight wrote:Anyone having trouble getting this to work in Maschine? Cannot get a sound out of the thing....
I repeat...

dredd i knight wrote:
dredd i knight wrote:Anyone having trouble getting this to work in Maschine? Cannot get a sound out of the thing....
I repeat...
My guess is it has to do with Maschine trying to create stereo output from a mono plug. It's the problem I have with VST Instruments in Cubase.

They say a fix may be coming in 3.0.1

Any online videos for newbies that don't really know how to play (realistic)bass?

wagtunes wrote:
dredd i knight wrote:
I repeat...
My guess is it has to do with Maschine trying to create stereo output from a mono plug. It's the problem I have with VST Instruments in Cubase.

They say a fix may be coming in 3.0.1
Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Instruments”