Electrons in the Organic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey peeps, this is my first work in months, summer being my cycling and outdoor time, but managed to do this in 1 week. I had an old song file open, loved the bass sound- Zebra- started improvising and came up with a great starting bassline from which everything else grew. I modified all the original VST synths and added many more. It's mainly Synthmaster and Zebra, my 2 favourite synths, Zebralette, Imposcar and Monopoly. All percussion comes from Reason's Kong and Redrum. Almost no use of EQ or compression so you're getting the pure synth sounds. The percussion goes through some processing including U-he's Ambient and MFM 2 along with some filter effects in Cubase in some sections.

https://soundcloud.com/raven-2741/vangu ... ly-realms#

I like the bass line and percussion. Lots of spacy cool sounds in the mix but for me it just dosen't go anywhere. It becomes fatiqing and gets old. Maybe that's ok for EDM. I wanted to hear at least a lead pop up somewhere to relieve the bass line of having to provide any sort of melodic interest and some musical surprises would help.

Very nice arrangement and many changes of mood and atmosphere-
This is very busy and crowded at times.
I feel the need to have some "tension release" moment.
Maybe a simple melody or lead line here and there

Good production thou

Cheers

Thanks Laguna. I agree it's pretty busy, but that tends to be the way I write in general, and in some ways, it's a piece for good headphones. I did most producing with my JBL monitors but I am using phones right now and it really is a lot better in terms of separation of sounds and textures with them. For me, your mentioned tension release is the section from 3:00-3:54 and the closing from 6:50 until the end. Anyway, thanks for the listen and comments.

Return to “Music Cafe”