Anywhere to get Alchemy Player 64 bit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Player

A couple years ago, I downloaded the alchemy player and bought a number of sound expansions for it from camel audio. Since I just bought Avenger, I'll need to upgrade my Ableton Live to 64 bit. Does anyone know if it's still possible to get the 64 bit version of Alchemy Player? I'd love to still be able to use this synth and the sounds I paid for. Thanks!

Jeff

I might be wrong but I heard cm magazine has camel player or some version of it for download still.

Dasheesh wrote:I might be wrong but I heard cm magazine has camel player or some version of it for download still.
True, login to CM vault and download Camel Player with any issue bought after they opened it.

The CM player is nice. I got a nice surprise yesterday when my sforando player found all my Alchemy libraries, including the CM version ones. I'm not sure how to trigger it finding the libraries but mine are placed in Program Data>Camel Audio>Alchemy with a shortcut link in Program Files>Camel Audio>Alchemy(AlchemyData /shortcut). I'm pretty sure all those paths are default. It will show up in the sforanzo menu as an added library once it finds it(no import necessary).

Thanks guys! Actually, I just checked my download folder and I've still got my alchemy player v1.55.0. I'm on Mac. Does anyone know if that contains both 32 and 64 bit versions? See that it does for PC.

STi_NJ wrote:Thanks guys! Actually, I just checked my download folder and I've still got my alchemy player v1.55.0. I'm on Mac. Does anyone know if that contains both 32 and 64 bit versions? See that it does for PC.
Not sure about the non-CM version, since that's what I have. But if you need to, just hunt down a copy of the mag. It's in every issue. I would give you my copy of the newest digital, but there are a few things I like in it.

spacekid wrote:
STi_NJ wrote:Thanks guys! Actually, I just checked my download folder and I've still got my alchemy player v1.55.0. I'm on Mac. Does anyone know if that contains both 32 and 64 bit versions? See that it does for PC.
Not sure about the non-CM version, since that's what I have. But if you need to, just hunt down a copy of the mag. It's in every issue. I would give you my copy of the newest digital, but there are a few things I like in it.
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of subscribing to it forever, just haven't pulled the trigger.

STi_NJ wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of subscribing to it forever, just haven't pulled the trigger.
Yeah, just remembered that they usually put the alchemy player in the online vault only, they advertise it in the mag as included, but due to space, you have to use the online vault to get it anyway(using your mag info to register that mag as your own, in the account you'll set up). So it doesn't matter if you get a physical copy or a digital one.

Just installed Ableton 64 bit and ran the alchemy 1.55 player that I had from a couple years ago. Successful :) Good to know both 32 and 64 were included. Still going to look into CM though. Expensive, but I've found any issue I've ever picked up to be really useful.

STi_NJ wrote:Just installed Ableton 64 bit and ran the alchemy 1.55 player that I had from a couple years ago. Successful :) Good to know both 32 and 64 were included. Still going to look into CM though. Expensive, but I've found any issue I've ever picked up to be really useful.
yeh. I've been sitting on the newest issue for a few days. It looks to add a few good things: Focusrite Red, Goldbaby samples, monoplug b-step, PsP audioware delay, Ignite Vst compressor. (things my last issue before this one didn't have) I buy issues every few months. I'll get around to installing these soon to see if they turn out useful :)

Although I have the full Alchemy on my studio computer I just installed the Alchemy Player 64 bit found in the CM Digital Vault website on this computer. Unless I'm blind I did not see the installer included on the disk (Issue 236 with Focusrite Red plugins). Probably because the Alchemy player install is about 540 GB. Installation went flawlessly, no registration required. Just make sure you let it finish scanning for presets first which took about five minutes here.

So if I'm correct those of us who own the full Alchemy can create presets using the sample content included with the Player and share them with those who only have the Player ? Or is the Player content in a special format ? I can check by moving some of my preset files but if anyone knows in advance that would save me some time. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Although I have the full Alchemy on my studio computer I just installed the Alchemy Player 64 bit found in the CM Digital Vault website on this computer. Unless I'm blind I did not see the installer included on the disk (Issue 236 with Focusrite Red plugins). Probably because the Alchemy player install is about 540 GB. Installation went flawlessly, no registration required. Just make sure you let it finish scanning for presets first which took about five minutes here.

So if I'm correct those of us who own the full Alchemy can create presets using the sample content included with the Player and share them with those who only have the Player ? Or is the Player content in a special format ? I can check by moving some of my preset files but if anyone knows in advance that would save me some time. :)
The full, add-on alchemy libraries are key locked. If you are using anything from that(I think the original factory is locked as well)then the player versions would at least have to see an unlocked library(80% sure from memory). Way around it is to just use the pure samples, using sforandzo..which will see the libraries for some reason.

Teksonik wrote:Probably because the Alchemy player install is about 540 GB.
More than half a terabyte? :o

spacekid wrote: The full, add-on alchemy libraries are key locked.
Yes that's obvious which is why I said.......
Teksonik wrote: create presets using the sample content included with the Player
Can the Player load presets created with the full version if those presets only use the sample content that comes with the player ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Numanoid wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Probably because the Alchemy player install is about 540 GB.
More than half a terabyte? :o
Yes it's the sample content. The Player has to have something to play......... :wink:

Return to “Instruments”