One Synth Challenge #93: OBXD by DiscoDSP & 2DaT (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

well ..

wagtunes wrote:
if you guys want to start slinging mud you are messing with the wrong person.

Yes, it's no wonder I f**king hate this place.
I am scared now :D
Spammer reports regular user.
Regular user gets banned.

Oh well I can live with that.

:)

wagtunes wrote:if you guys want to start slinging mud you are messing with the wrong person.
What? "You guys" ?
wagtunes wrote:I am done with this thread and done with the OSCs.
Again.
wagtunes wrote:Yes, it's no wonder I f**king hate this place.
You have just received a ton of constructive input for your own benefit in this thread. It's all personally just for you, again. What on earth is your problem? SoundGoddess gathered some very useful links for you to check out, for starters. Just do that.

We need to get back to OSC now. Also, please don't post personal info like that in the OSC thread.

bjporter wrote:We need to get back to OSC now. Also, please don't post personal info like that in the OSC thread.
So can we please get this deleted?

bjporter wrote:We need to get back to OSC now. Also, please don't post personal info like that in the OSC thread.
Fair enough bjporter.
But it had to be said.
The Osc Synth Challenge was starting to turn into the Wagtunes Circus.
I used to enjoy coming to this place before all the blatant spam started.

My apologies to you and every self respecting artist that posts here.
Peace.

And please don't back down to Wags threats, let honesty prevail to all that care to see.

kurodo wrote:I used to enjoy coming to this place before ... Wags threats, let honesty prevail to all that care to see.
Yes, basically, wagtunes, I think it boils down to the fact you should just leave and never come back. Your self deprecating posts and attacks on others are ruining this forum. Don't report someone else for a comical thread after all you've done.

I have tried to help you. Jasinski has tried to help you. You basically have refused and month after month trolled this forum with your angst. So, now it's time to stop. If you don't, I will join in with Guenon to tell you in a decreasingly kind way that you need to stop pretending to be a martyr and start practicing the things you complain about being so bad at. Period. There is nothing further that you can retort to this. If you try, you will be an obvious troll and *I* will report you to get banned from the forum myself.

Give me those links, and i'll put them here: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/howtos

I tried to save any useful nuggets from the OSC threads.
bh9090 wrote:I had an idea, even prior to some of the comment above.

Since I believe the people here are genuinely helpful, what if along with posting on Souncloud we also zipped our projects and uploaded them somewhere? (or attach them to the entry post?)

z.prime wrote:
kurodo wrote:I used to enjoy coming to this place before ... Wags threats, let honesty prevail to all that care to see.
Yes, basically, wagtunes, I think it boils down to the fact you should just leave and never come back. Your self deprecating posts and attacks on others are ruining this forum. Don't report someone else for a comical thread after all you've done.

I have tried to help you. Jasinski has tried to help you. You basically have refused and month after month trolled this forum with your angst. So, now it's time to stop. If you don't, I will join in with Guenon to tell you in a decreasingly kind way that you need to stop pretending to be a martyr and start practicing the things you complain about being so bad at. Period. There is nothing further that you can retort to this. If you try, you will be an obvious troll and *I* will report you to get banned from the forum myself.
Message received. I promise you won't hear another peep from me in the OSC threads. You have my word.

OMG, OMG, OMG....can't I leave you guys for one measly single month?!? And all hell breaks lose...ayayayay! :lol: :dog: :lol:
But, honestly, I'm sure it's no laughing matter for some, but Guenon...I'm still hurting! :lol: :smack: :lol:

Uh, I've got tracks to listen to, YAY!
I'm not going to plug why I didn't get to participate this month, which is a real shame, because that is a nice synth! Anyway... see you the coming month, though!

Woops...what's going on? I'm listening to Wags tune right now and besides the usual uncharacteristically jolly mood it really, really sounds like work and is oddly enjoyable! :shock: ...man, you should've picked a different months to lose it like that! :dog: ...I think your track is GREAT! :lol: :hyper:

But...yeah...Wag, retreat a bit, it will be better for you. The OSC has many therapeutic properties, but you can't expect it to "heal" you as you are really deep, deep in a slump for a while now with all of this. And despite all that, you've pulled yourself together to make a really, really fun track. Great moment to mozy off for some soul searching outside of all this. :hug:

EDGEK8D wrote:Again.....this contest is about fun, learning, improving your skills as a musician, sound designer, and mixing engineer. I care not who wins. I took 2nd the first time I entered this contest a couple of years ago and haven't come close to the prizes since.

I do this because I enjoy it. I have so many wonderful tools. Hardware synthesizers, eurorack setup, sequencers, fx boxes, and a boatload of software. This is a chance to just make a tune devoid of the painstaking process of figuring out what synth I want to use for what. Its a good reminder that a good tune usually comes together rather quickly when the focus is music, and not the tools. It kind of gets my workflow back in order. Having a deadline and limitations will do that.

I'm a complete amateur and always will be. I have no desire for fame or glory. This is my passion and main pastime outside of real life.

I completely ignore genre. The first thing I listen to is mixdown. I can hear immediately whether the person just recorded a bunch of tracks, or took the time to sit down in order to make their sounds shine, and sound cohesive. I can split the field in half right there. Then the good half I split into 3-5 based on sound design and music. I ignore whether I "like" the tune or not, but of course there must be some subconscious bonus for a tune that gets to you emotionally. To get a 5, the mix, music, and sounds all must be good.

Then the bottom half, I'm listening for people who wrote good music and created cool sounds but maybe don't yet have the skills in the mixdown department. Occasionally if the music is very good, I'll give a 4. I reserve 5's for the total package, irrespective of genre. Shoot, some of the tracks made....aren't all that musical, but still are extremely creative, and I easily recognize the skill required to create it. I think to myself, "how would I make that sound?"

If this isn't fun, then don't participate. If this just pisses you off, I'd go off and create on your own. Maybe go make a dozen tracks just for you....forget this group for a while.

I know there are times I'm making music for me, using my gear, using my fancy console emulations and compressors, spending 4 hours making a single fx patch on my modular. I need that sometimes whether I like the OSC synth or not. When I'm getting lost in my workflow, I come back here and get centered. Its about the music, forget your toys.....use this one synth and your DAW plugins, GO!

just my $0.02
+1. Very well said!

ontrackp wrote:
EDGEK8D wrote:Again.....this contest is about fun, learning, improving your skills as a musician, sound designer, and mixing engineer. I care not who wins. I took 2nd the first time I entered this contest a couple of years ago and haven't come close to the prizes since.

I do this because I enjoy it. I have so many wonderful tools. Hardware synthesizers, eurorack setup, sequencers, fx boxes, and a boatload of software. This is a chance to just make a tune devoid of the painstaking process of figuring out what synth I want to use for what. Its a good reminder that a good tune usually comes together rather quickly when the focus is music, and not the tools. It kind of gets my workflow back in order. Having a deadline and limitations will do that.

I'm a complete amateur and always will be. I have no desire for fame or glory. This is my passion and main pastime outside of real life.

I completely ignore genre. The first thing I listen to is mixdown. I can hear immediately whether the person just recorded a bunch of tracks, or took the time to sit down in order to make their sounds shine, and sound cohesive. I can split the field in half right there. Then the good half I split into 3-5 based on sound design and music. I ignore whether I "like" the tune or not, but of course there must be some subconscious bonus for a tune that gets to you emotionally. To get a 5, the mix, music, and sounds all must be good.

Then the bottom half, I'm listening for people who wrote good music and created cool sounds but maybe don't yet have the skills in the mixdown department. Occasionally if the music is very good, I'll give a 4. I reserve 5's for the total package, irrespective of genre. Shoot, some of the tracks made....aren't all that musical, but still are extremely creative, and I easily recognize the skill required to create it. I think to myself, "how would I make that sound?"

If this isn't fun, then don't participate. If this just pisses you off, I'd go off and create on your own. Maybe go make a dozen tracks just for you....forget this group for a while.

I know there are times I'm making music for me, using my gear, using my fancy console emulations and compressors, spending 4 hours making a single fx patch on my modular. I need that sometimes whether I like the OSC synth or not. When I'm getting lost in my workflow, I come back here and get centered. Its about the music, forget your toys.....use this one synth and your DAW plugins, GO!

just my $0.02
+1. Very well said!
Another +1. This is all in fun. Especially if you KNOW your music is different than most of the artists who post here (myself included). So besides making my own stuff, I use this as a chance for one to learn about great synths for free.. and for 2 just chance to focus on simplicity. Using 1 synth is freeing at times because with some synths such as OBXD, they have such a variety of sound possible, CPU aside. it really helps when I go back to using my paid synths a chance to REALLY dig into those with a newfound respect of what they can do.

OSC is like a training academy for whatever path you choose to take later with your music. Very humbling & inviting. The prizes & accolades of winning are a complete extra. No need to keep that the focus.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

As expected: same person, same rants, different month... People like that should just be banned from the OSC as they spoil the fun for others.

bjporter wrote:We need to get back to OSC now.
Perhaps you could instigate some kind of 3-strike rule - vow never to return more than a couple of times and you no longer have the option?

The OSC is currently displaying all the symptoms of 'battered wife syndrome'. Unless you recognise that fact - and take action - the eventual consequences could be catastrophic.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Return to “Instruments”