Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Numanoid wrote:
Soundplex wrote:It's not about whining because there are some bugs. Some can't even open the plugin without problems. Others have to quit using it due to these circumstances. There are many things that won't work well and should have been fixed before releasing and selling a product...
Kind of amazing that Computer Music can give it 10/10 rating if such problems exist in the release version

I mean how thoroughly did the review it, and do they check that a product works out of the box on more than one format (I hope they do).
Honestly, the Computer Music/Musicradar reviews are among the worst in the industry.
Doesn't mean they were paid to give good reviews. However, it is very very common that specialized magazines like this or SOS get most of their revenue from advertisement. I wouldn"t be surprised that the next CM magazine has full page advertisements for Avenger. In which case the magazine feels obliged to give at least a decent review, else the company being reviewed will withdraw advertisments the following months. That is to say, if the product is complete garbage, it will get a 5/10 instead of the 2/10 it really deserves. If it's barely okay it will get a a 7/10, etc. Magazines need to keep at least fair relations with the advertisers to survive. That's how it works. You can see that in video games magazines, audio and video magazines, etc.
Hence, if you want fairly unbiased reviews, look for magazines with no advertisements from the companies being reviewed.
Now did CM have zero issues when doing their test ? I don't know, but it might be possible, given the beta testers didn't report most of them either.

A slightly monumental pad sound programmed/played with Avenger, using a re-synthesized flute wavetable as oscillator waves, tweaking the modwheel (filter overtones) and Macro 1 (wavetable scanning speed) on the fly (I improvised the notes in a first pass, then made the video). I copied Osc 1-2 so I could use a tuned bandpass filter and shaper for Osc2 (as parallel processing is not possible).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0q2Dd0beI

Improvising live on video with a custom Avenger patch using two oscillators, one with a re-syntheiszed guitar wavetable and the other using the FFT oscillator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQaQKU ... e=youtu.be
really really nice Simon :tu:

Go Simon Go ! ! . . . . sounds awesome man !
I knew you'd get some great sounds happening . . :clap: :phones:

msvs wrote:
Improvising live on video with a custom Avenger patch using two oscillators, one with a re-syntheiszed guitar wavetable and the other using the FFT oscillator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQaQKU ... e=youtu.be
really really nice Simon :tu:

ljpro1 wrote:Go Simon Go ! ! . . . . sounds awesome man !
Cheers :)
First impressions are not always reliable :party:

msvs wrote:
Will Phalanx ever receive drum sequencer like this one presented here?
I think so, yes
...quick question - can I route an oscillator to multiple filters or FX busses (i.e. parallel routing)? Thanks!
You can route all 4 filters to 1 osc, if you like, and you can route the fx busses to other busses. For example the output of the sendFX bus to another FX Insert Bus, or (example) FX1 to MasterFX and FX2 to FX3, FX3 to Output (not to Master FX) etc... quite complex - if you like
While flexibe, I still don't see how current routing features allow routing a particular oscillator to multiple FX busses (you can work-around this to some degree by mis-using the send bus, but this is clearly ugly). According to the manual
At the end of the chain, you can route the oscillator to one or more of the 4 insert FX channels
this should be possible, but in practise, adding a second FX bus to an osc replaces the first one currently. Is this a bug?
I understand that per-voice parallel filter processing is another story and not supported by the current architecture.

Klinke1 wrote:
xanthos wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:Can has NKS? (Native-Instr.)
To always have matching macro-names on the KK-keyboard-displays. + Maybe access to filter/amp-ENVs.. + Browsing from hardware.
Page 1:
3 Macroknobs, 2 Macrobuttons + Modw.CC1/Expression/Aftertouch = 8 Knobs (or Filter/Env-stuff if possible)
You can already do this for yourself.
Just open Komplete Kontrol, open Avenger in it, assign the Knobs and save it as an Init preset in Komplete Kontrol.

Then browse the presets in Avenger.
You still have all the knobs assigned to the Komplete Kontrol.
But.. but i want the names on the knob-displays on the hardware. These change from preset to preset...In Massive the names change and it works.

Also NKS is better because you can use it in Maschine the same way.
(i could be wrong... but i am very sure.. i am not)
thats true, for that every single preset from avenger has to be resaved as nks with proper names in it (manually typed).

another bug came through: if you assign komplete kontrols knobs to macro1/2/3 - you cant control them. the value in avenger+keyboard does not change at all..

this should be possible, but in practise, adding a second FX bus to an osc replaces the first one currently. Is this a bug?
no, if you want to have FX1 Bus, and then FX1 Bus routet into FX2 Bus, then you have to do this in the FX1Bus page. On the bottom there is a output field, where you can specify FX2 Bus as target output for FX1 Bus. You could also select the MST Bus, or no bus at all (Output) or you could route into one of the external Outputs to your DAW's mixer to process it further with 3rd party plugins.

lolilol1975 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Soundplex wrote:It's not about whining because there are some bugs. Some can't even open the plugin without problems. Others have to quit using it due to these circumstances. There are many things that won't work well and should have been fixed before releasing and selling a product...
Kind of amazing that Computer Music can give it 10/10 rating if such problems exist in the release version

I mean how thoroughly did the review it, and do they check that a product works out of the box on more than one format (I hope they do).
Honestly, the Computer Music/Musicradar reviews are among the worst in the industry.
Doesn't mean they were paid to give good reviews. However, it is very very common that specialized magazines like this or SOS get most of their revenue from advertisement. I wouldn"t be surprised that the next CM magazine has full page advertisements for Avenger. In which case the magazine feels obliged to give at least a decent review, else the company being reviewed will withdraw advertisments the following months. That is to say, if the product is complete garbage, it will get a 5/10 instead of the 2/10 it really deserves. If it's barely okay it will get a a 7/10, etc. Magazines need to keep at least fair relations with the advertisers to survive. That's how it works. You can see that in video games magazines, audio and video magazines, etc.
Hence, if you want fairly unbiased reviews, look for magazines with no advertisements from the companies being reviewed.
Now did CM have zero issues when doing their test ? I don't know, but it might be possible, given the beta testers didn't report most of them either.
You can't compare SOS to FM or CM. SOS does longer more critical more in depth reviews.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Sampleconstruct wrote:A slightly monumental pad sound programmed/played with Avenger, using a re-synthesized flute wavetable as oscillator waves, tweaking the modwheel (filter overtones) and Macro 1 (wavetable scanning speed) on the fly (I improvised the notes in a first pass, then made the video). I copied Osc 1-2 so I could use a tuned bandpass filter and shaper for Osc2 (as parallel processing is not possible).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0q2Dd0beI
Perfect for another remake of 'Dune'.

David

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ljpro1 wrote:Go Simon Go ! ! . . . . sounds awesome man !
Cheers :)
First impressions are not always reliable :party:
Yes, I think if I was just looking at this as a lead/solo synth I would have probably skipped it, as I played with the pads however in the demo I realised that for me this would be a great pads/soundscapes almost modular sounding synth. For single solo sounds you may well do better with Legend, Serum or whatever, but for really complex evolving sounds...with an underscore of percussion (forget the EDM stuff, but some log drums samples in the drums) it is a beast!

I would like to see a sound pack with no standard drums aimed at cinematic/ambient only.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

msvs wrote:
no, if you want to have FX1 Bus, and then FX1 Bus routet into FX2 Bus, then you have to do this in the FX1Bus page. On the bottom there is a output field, where you can specify FX2 Bus as target output for FX1 Bus. You could also select the MST Bus, or no bus at all (Output) or you could route into one of the external Outputs to your DAW's mixer to process it further with 3rd party plugins.
Manuel, thanks, but what you are describing is not what I'm (and I guess the other poster) was talking about.
I want e.g.

Code: Select all

+-> FX1 --\
osc1 +-> FX2 --+-- Master FX
so really parallel routing.
You are however suggesting serial chaining of FX busses like

Code: Select all

osc1 --> FX2 ---> FX1 -->-- Master FX
Is this also what the manual was refering to? Because then I think it's a bit ambiguous. And unfortunate because both ways have their use cases.

On mac AU version. I have installed Avanger. It opens in Logic. I place the factory library file in library/audio/plug-ins/components. I locate it from Avenger but get error mess "Could not locate factory library!" What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I know this just released, but any news on skins? I'm such a slut for appearances. Also sorry if this has already been mentioned, but this thread is over 100 pages so I thought I'd just ask.

Return to “Instruments”