So, should I install AIR Structure and Strike?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lobanov wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I'm not sure that I agree with the chorus of nos. Strike, in particular, offers nice controls for real time manipulation of the groove and you can replace bits of the kit with samples. I like it a lot for combining electronic and acoustic sounds and I don't think that there's anything in Kontakt or Battery quite like it.

Structure is less interesting, however, it's a lot faster than Kontakt for throwing together a quick sampled instrument. I also think that if you don't have orchestral or band instruments beyond the basic Komplete stuff that there's variety in there that's different enough to be worthwhile. Whether it's worth the GB is up to you.
+1
Also, Strike has a nice drum pattern editor.

Right, which ties in nicely with the built in real time controls because you decide at what intensity level you want parts to play at.

ghettosynth wrote:Just for others who might be reading this, indeed, there are "unique" features, they just may not be ones that you're interested in. None of the Kontakt kits allow you to replace acoustic drum parts with electronic parts...

...As far as Structure, yeah, I wasn't all that impressed with it either. But, it's not useless and there are some decent samples in there. Moreover, if you make quick sampled instruments it is a lot faster and simpler to do things in Structure than it often is in Kontakt...
Thanks for the info, gs. I appreciate that you have outlined their distinctive features. They both sound like great products, just not ones that would offer me something I don't already have.

I wish the installers worked like others I've used, in that you can install the vst and/OR the samples. I'd consider installing the Structure/Strike VSTs and giving them a run-through.

Here is a recent track. The drums are Strike.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/freedom

I have the exactly same setup. Komplete 9 and Air Music everything bundle. Yes Studio Drummer in K9 is great however Strike has got some very nice features as others stated. I recentky used a snare sample from Structure's acoustic kit. Good to have it all under your hands.

Return to “Instruments”