Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

EnGee wrote:
vanhaze wrote:Any OSX (or Windows) Avenger user succesfully can drag drop his own samples to Avenger from within DAW ?
I don't succeed in this :( :

- I open a Drum preset in Avenger.
- I click on the "Drums" tab, abit on the above right of gui.
- i now see the "piano roll" with the named drum sounds "slots"
- I drag drop a wav file from Reaper's Project Bay onto one of the notes of the Piano Roll. (24bit, 44,1 khz stereo file)
Outcome: The wav file isn't imported into the drum set., the "drum sound slot" is empty.
why don't you use the built in browser? It works for me.
Because that solution is way more time consuming: i then first have to navigate to the sample i want to import.
If you just created a sound in your DAW, bounce it as an audio file and then want to import it into Avenger, you would wish for the fact that you can just drag drop it from DAW project "pool" onto Avenger.
That would be the method that would fit 2016 style.
Your proposal is like 90ties style. (sorry, no offense)
Rob van Hees

msvs wrote:currently testing GUI ECO mode

we also set the initial start zoom to 75% so everyone opening the plugin for the first time gets it on small screens, too
Changelog says newest is 1-0-23 but demo still at 1-0-22
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

vanhaze wrote:
EnGee wrote:
vanhaze wrote:Any OSX (or Windows) Avenger user succesfully can drag drop his own samples to Avenger from within DAW ?

- I drag drop a wav file from Reaper's Project Bay onto one of the notes of the Piano Roll. (24bit, 44,1 khz stereo file)
Outcome: The wav file isn't imported into the drum set., the "drum sound slot" is empty.
Because that solution is way more time consuming: i then first have to navigate to the sample i want to import.
If you just created a sound in your DAW, bounce it as an audio file and then want to import it into Avenger, you would wish for the fact that you can just drag drop it from DAW project "pool" onto Avenger.
I've just tested in Reaper (Windows) and the drag and drop works! So you still have a choice between the 90's and the 10's ;)

vanhaze wrote:
EnGee wrote:

They (devs) seem to systematically ommit any feature that may render Phalanx (and other Vengeance releases) obsolete. Even though Phalanx doesn't have this option under OSX. It's soooooo frustrating when you have under your eyes a beutful GUI and (in theory) capable synth and you want to do that and "yeah, I can't do that because I need Phalanx for that" then you wan to process Phalax through non-existent "Avenger FX" and you realise "Damn, I need to purchase the FX Bundles for this one" then I'm back to reality because Logic just crashed with just two instances of Avenger loaded (and nothing else).

...and multichannel version just makes noise at the moment in Logic Pro X :(

Hi Manuel,
I just downloaded the demo, no problems whatsoever here in Munich with the bandwidth.

But I have a few issues:

1) I really struggle to read a single letter on my laptop even at 75% I need to stick to my monitor and that's a huge one for me, on the mac pro no problems, but still...

2) Why on the world you thought the pitch bend or modwheel amount display had a priority over Transpose or Cutoff? I don't even know how many semitones I'm trasposing and going by ear can be frustrating in the long run. I hope this was just left behind by accident.

3) Cpu. 60% for a single patch on a macbook pro it's really a lot, can we lower the quality or something?

Before the purchase I need to know if those issues are going to be looked into.

a short video:
http://sendvid.com/cy4n2w1n

edit* I changed the audio driver in logic to record the video, once changed Avenger resets to the default patch, is that supposed to happen also on the full version?

Thanks,

A.

<Outer-Bounds> wrote:Got another chance to dig in to Avenger this morning. This time in the sample section.

I found I can’t modulate sample "Start" or any parameters in the Editor window using samples, apart from "Rate". Am I missing something?
Hopefully they will add looping & crossfade options soon. While your at it, might as well add some extra granular goodness in there, so it can run!…. Let it reach full throttle instead of capping it and it will be a beast not to be reckoned with lightly!

I Said it before, but worth repeating. A way to skip through samples in the drums and also being able to access Avengers own drum hits, to make it not so preset locked type of thing. It's a basic given to want the option to choose your own hits to put in a kit, considering the samples are already in the basic content it comes with. I appreciate you can load your own samples in the drum section with a nice drag & drop, but let us flick through them as well!

Hopefully you find a fix for the sizing/scaling issues I was having on my previous post.

I got a few hours in the other day and now this morning, keep hitting little walls and wondering why they chose to do that. I am spending time on Avenger because it has a sh__ load of potential. I want it to work to it’s full ability. That means not curtailing access to certain chosen parameters if possible.

Sorry if it comes off a touch rant-ish, not at all my intention. Just want it to do well and benefit every one. I see what it could do and am enthusiastic about Avenger is all.
Same idea here, make it the first all-round workstation on vst ever, or waste a good Synth on one hit edm hype.
That will last only few months.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

f*ck it, i will buy this thing and hope the fixes come asap! played with it 5 mins and was just randomly modulating and this came around, yeah bad live play and one modulation cut off my volume always :D but then while playing BSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH demo sound!

only 1 OSC!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zihmyb2kmqirw ... e.mp3?dl=0

3 oscs but just copied and slightly varied, nothing special, done in 3-5 mins lol
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z900rfzit7h34 ... y.mp3?dl=0
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

So last night I opened Avenger without having the external SSD drive installed where the library is located as I wanted to quickly update the plugin on my laptop, which gave me the missing content warning, so I closed the DAW without updating. Now I wanted to update with the external drive hooked up and I still got the warning message and the only way to proceed was to re-install the entire library from the downloaded content file.
Are you serious? Just give us an option to locate the already installed content, going thorough this hassle over and over again is ridiculous.

The update and the ECO mode haven't changed a thing, after 5 minutes of working with AV the fan kicks in like before, I will reduce the GUI size back to 80% and hope for the best.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The update and the ECO mode haven't changed a thing, after 5 minutes of working with AV the fan kicks in like before, I will reduce the GUI size back to 80% and hope for the best.
This ECO thing really hasn't changed anything at all on the laptop, totally un-eco here. I can't wait for my 12-ore Mac Pro to return back from the doctor to see, if this is also happening on the big machine.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:
That bass-sound starting @ 0:16 min is outstanding... gave me the willies.. :tu:
(Please share .. or sell, or explain it on UTube. Please.
I really would like to know more.. (<- Starship-Troopers quote)
Explain later, will I. Yes, hmmm.
:hail: THX
( :wheee: )

(Yes it is 3.45 in da mornin'. But i will go to work @ 7.30h.)
- WonderEcho -

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:The update and the ECO mode haven't changed a thing, after 5 minutes of working with AV the fan kicks in like before, I will reduce the GUI size back to 80% and hope for the best.
This ECO thing really hasn't changed anything at all on the laptop, totally un-eco here. I can't wait for my 12-ore Mac Pro to return back from the doctor to see, if this is also happening on the big machine.
In fact with the ECO mode engaged, the fan goes up even faster than before, even at a resolution of 70% GUI size, what have you done? Can someone buy a Macbook Pro for the developer please...

I think we just made a big step... first tests look promising.

nonetheless be sure, that we will work on this problem until its fixed

exmatproton wrote:
SLiC wrote:I am actually finding the cpu use to be pretty good, at least as good as Falcon and comparable synths.

I am on windows 10 64 bit i7 4ghz and have had no issues at all cpu or gpu, so there are obviously some specific configuration issues rather than a general problem, so demo hard!
My thoughts exactly. Running a 4790k at 4,8GHz and the amount of voices are comparable with falcon and rapid. Also, the use of the oversampled drive (drive-o), increases the cpu usage.

Hello guys

Could u please tell more about yours configuration ?

I have exactly same processor, Running a i7-4790k, are u using Internal Graphics or u have dedicated GPU ?, because i had an issue with GPU, but after last update on ECO mode its lower, but still is about 20-25 %(GPU), i am just wondering, if that can be my Intel HD 4600 Graphics. (drivers up to date)

CPU hits normal, like other soft-synths.

Thanks

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I assume 1 instance of Avenger runs on just one Core.
If this Core get's "maxed out" by the load of Avenger, than even trying it on a 24core maschine that has the same or even lower CPU frequency than your current mac, that wouldn't make much of a difference.

If Avenger is / would be "multicore" capable, it's another ballgame.
Multicore capability would be most welcome for such a cpu hog as Avenger is.
Rob van Hees

Return to “Instruments”