Nocturna FREE VST!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nocturna

Hm, I get a trojan warning when downloading

Trojan file: nocturna.zip
Risks: Trojan (HEUR/QVM20.1.0000.Malware.Gen)

For Free? No thx !

Delete/ Remove Win32/TrojanDownloader.Waski.A Trojan Virus

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Waski.A is a trojan that silently downloads and installs other programs without consent. This could include the installation of additional malware or malware components to an affected computer. It can also spread itself by sending emails out on your behalf to people in your address book. TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waski.A creates the following files on your computer: c:documents [...]
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Hi Calgarc:

1. Thanks for Nocturna.

2. Something seems to go awry when you use the "Quote" function on KVR.

3. jbuonacc doesn't understand the difference between constructive criticism and outright rudeness.

[quote="godly"]Hm, I get a trojan warning when downloading

For Free? No thx !

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Waski.A is a trojan that silently downloads and installs other programs without consent. This could include the installation of additional malware or malware components to an affected computer. It can also spread itself by sending emails out on your behalf to people in your address book. TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waski.A creates the following files on your computer: c:documents [...][/quote]

I will check my site.... hmmm I dont get any warnings when I download, although I am on a linux based system for web

1wob2many wrote:Hi Calgarc:

3. jbuonacc doesn't understand the difference between constructive criticism and outright rudeness.

Well, maybe, but, there's some valid criticism in there. The filter is really not very good at all. It seems like it might be cookbook style code.

Any reason that it's 32 bit only?

calgarc wrote:
godly wrote:Hm, I get a trojan warning when downloading

For Free? No thx !

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Waski.A is a trojan that silently downloads and installs other programs without consent. This could include the installation of additional malware or malware components to an affected computer. It can also spread itself by sending emails out on your behalf to people in your address book. TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waski.A creates the following files on your computer: c:documents [...]
I will check my site.... hmmm I dont get any warnings when I download, although I am on a linux based system for web
No Trojan here, as of yesterday...oh oops, I had Avast turned off (lol) . oh well, hey what was the complete file location that got cut off in your quote..or I could just turn back on my antivirus. Eh, I'll do later. A little virus never stopped me from surviving.

calgarc wrote:I wrote in the documentation that you cannot use the same effect twice as it feedbacks and the sound stops. the menu at the bottom was intended for arranging the order of the effects you want.
as i was writing that i started thinking "i wonder if he included some sort of manual/docs with this?" you sure did. sorry, dl'ed it the other day and just got to it now. if you can't find a workaround, then it might be better to put the fx in a default order that makes sense and remove the tab interface.

anyway, best of luck with it.

layzer wrote: yes, i found on big fat nice bug..... your requirements state win7 or higher, yet it seems to work
fine here in EnergyXT2 under Winxp SP3! woohoo! has a respectable 10% cpu load on most patches in savihost. playing with it and will report further good and bad bugs.
Glad to see someone who still use Winxp SP3. Makes me feel less depressed.
I don't have funds to buy a new PC :(

[quote="jbuonacc"][quote="calgarc"]I wrote in the documentation that you cannot use the same effect twice as it feedbacks and the sound stops. the menu at the bottom was intended for arranging the order of the effects you want.[/quote]

as i was writing that i started thinking "i wonder if he included some sort of manual/docs with this?" you sure did. sorry, dl'ed it the other day and just got to it now. if you can't find a workaround, then it might be better to put the fx in a default order that makes sense and remove the tab interface.

anyway, best of luck with it.[/quote]

I will look into fixes and updates this month. quite a bit of work went into creating this plugin.

Love it! Making some presets for it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

[quote="Paree"]Love it! Making some presets for it.[/quote]

cool, share your presets. We can feature them on the labels site if you wish :)

Here are 20 dubstep oriented presets by me. Still a noob at wavetable synthesis but here they are anyway.

http://pareekattimusic.blogspot.in/2016 ... turna.html

Also i noticed some bugs.
For some reason Nocturna doesn't save the Envolope Wheel config with the presets (fxp presets save'em though). So the snare drum preset in the above pack works only when fxp is loaded.

Feature request: A filter module containing LP12, LB12, LP24, LB24, hp12, HP24 filters.

Also, yeah, you can publish them in your label. The synth is great but with a few features, it can be top class stuff (especially for free).

[quote="Paree"]Here are 20 dubstep oriented presets by me. Still a noob at wavetable synthesis but here they are anyway.

http://pareekattimusic.blogspot.in/2016 ... turna.html

Also i noticed some bugs.
For some reason Nocturna doesn't save the Envolope Wheel config with the presets (fxp presets save'em though). So the snare drum preset in the above pack works only when fxp is loaded.

Feature request: A filter module containing LP12, LB12, LP24, LB24, hp12, HP24 filters.

Also, yeah, you can publish them in your label. The synth is great but with a few features, it can be top class stuff (especially for free).[/quote]

cool, I will check them out today :)

and the filter request is noted... I will consider that in the future :)

Also, both Snare and Hihat Presets only sound like snare/ hi hat in Fxp format. In native format, they sound like something Else.

I guess it is 32bit only..

Just thought I'd let you know that McAfee reports 'HTML/Darkleech.g' as a virus and quarantines it (whatever it is) on visiting your site today.
I got no warnings a couple of weeks ago when I actually downloaded the zip file and that same file scans OK now.

Return to “Instruments”