New Soundtoys Echoboy Jr. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can anyone comment on the CPU usage please?

It seems fairly efficient, pretty much all the presets only move live's
cpu meter by a couple points per instance for example.
It also adds 0.7 ms latency.

What a nice little gift, Soundtoys are being amazing, the SieQ gift was also awesome and Tremolator was a super Black Fri gift. I don't think anyone matches them for generosity and they will probably be doing an Xmas charity sale as well. Amazing company both in attitude and products. Top of the list in both regards.

That glide function is cool, very smooth! I'm dreaming of a dub techno Xmas! :-)

It's awesome

cryophonik wrote:Well, this has been a nightmare. The installer jacked up my iLok Manager, causing me to have to uninstall/reinstall it multiple times, then reinstall EBJr, then reinstall iLok Mgr AGAIN! An hour later, everything is installed, nothing recognizes EBJr. Uninstall.
I can relate. I tried to demo echoboy in the sales a year ago and gave up in frustration (Win7). Seems like I'd have similar issues if I tried this one. And why do soundtoys force people to install every variant of every one of their plugins when you just want to test drive one type of one plugin? They installed at least 30 plugs on my system, then I couldn't get the iLok software to work. Gave up and rolled back system, not a good experience. :evil:

I just tried the demo and really like it so far. The only downside to me is that the high and low cut doesn't offer any information or control about the frequencies, just a knob to dial in the amount of reduction.

It's a great plugin for the price but to be honest... I tried the much acclaimed H-Delay, Echoboy and now Echoboy Jr., but Logic Pro X' stock delays still suit me well enough.

If you look for the description of the word 'Altruist' in the encyclopedia you will now see... Soundtoys!
They are at the top of their game as far as software FX plugins go and there are many of us who have lusted after their plugins but couldn't afford them... so nice to see a company that doesn't seem to be hell bent on profit maximisation, a company who are giving away fantastic tools whilst at the same time treating their paying customer base fairly. It's a clever soft approach to marketing that speaks to someone like me and engenders loyalty on an emotional level. Nice one

Great move from Soundtoys, respect!

So, for those who tested it? Does it sound exactly the same as Echoboy? Does it alias like Echoboy when using saturation?

Hope they will change all the black GUIs with something like this one. Much easier to see the knobs.

Free for me; very generous company.

Thank you, Soundtoys!

kelvyn wrote:If you look for the description of the word 'Altruist' in the encyclopedia you will now see... Soundtoys!
I love the free Sie-Q and the equally free Tremolator, but Echoboy Jr is not free if you do not own the full bundle or do not buy something right now. They are not being "altruistic" in this case, it is a reward for spending - or having spent - a lot of money.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

the cost of my upgrade offer just went from $100 to $140, balls :(
anyone wanna buy all my Soundtoys plugins?

cprompt wrote:
kelvyn wrote:If you look for the description of the word 'Altruist' in the encyclopedia you will now see... Soundtoys!
I love the free Sie-Q and the equally free Tremolator, but Echoboy Jr is not free if you do not own the full bundle or do not buy something right now. They are not being "altruistic" in this case, it is a reward for spending - or having spent - a lot of money.
I obviously didn't make myself clear... The altruism comes from their generous free software over the last years to all and by saying they were being fair to their paying customers I meant that we as Soundtoys purchasers receive EchoBoy Jnr for free. So yes! Altruistic!
I don't believe when using the word altruistic that I was specifically referring to EchoBoy Jnr. Sorry if that wasn't clear

I would be curious to hear how does it stack up against D16 Repeater ?
Does each mode have different-sounding delay tails ?

Also, i nkow it is "junior", so supposed to be easy, but, like with Repeater, i wonder why do they claim to mimic the RE201 sound without featuring multi-heads and a spring reverb ?

Sounds great, easy to use. Thanks Soundtoys, much appreciated.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

:party:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”