Are multiple system iLok autorizations allowed?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the software protection scheme, not ilok dongle. I wish I had one because it would be easy to simply plug in my dongle where ever. But, since they implemented a software version, do they allow a certain number of systems to carry the authos? I feel this would be fair, with a limited number of 2 or 3.

Sorry about the double. IDK how that happened.

That depends on the developer. They decide on the amount of licenses you get. Check that carefully before you buy.

For instance SoundToys give 2 licenses = you can authorize them on two locations.
On the other hand Flux::: delivers only 1 license = only one location.

Locations can be mixed when plugins support iLok2.
So you can have 2 dongles, which gives you ultimate mobility.
Or one dongle and one software/computer.
Or twice software/computer authorisations.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:That depends on the developer. They decide on the amount of licenses you get. Check that carefully before you buy.

For instance SoundToys give 2 licenses = you can authorize them on two locations.
On the other hand Flux::: delivers only 1 license = only one location.

Locations can be mixed when plugins support iLok2.
So you can have 2 dongles, which gives you ultimate mobility.
Or one dongle and one software/computer.
Or twice software/computer authorisations.
Thanks :) All my stuff is good to expand to the 2 systems I need :) Except the free izotope creative delay DDLY. I don't really use it though...not sure I understand why they would choose to limit their products to 1 autorization.

spacekid wrote:Except the free izotope creative delay DDLY. I don't really use it though...not sure I understand why they would choose to limit their products to 1 autorization.
So we're in the other thread now? :lol:

If you want to authorise izotope plugins on multiple systems, dont use iLok in the first place, use their own C/R system...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
spacekid wrote:Except the free izotope creative delay DDLY. I don't really use it though...not sure I understand why they would choose to limit their products to 1 autorization.
So we're in the other thread now? :lol:

If you want to authorise izotope plugins on multiple systems, dont use iLok in the first place, use their own C/R system...
Sorry, I jumped threads :hihi: I didn't know about izotope C/R..checking into that now then, thanks :)

Sorry to hijack, I was about to ask similar question.

I see "deactivate" button (or something similar) on the iLok License Manager, is it supposed to be used to transfer license from old to new computer? Let's say, the plugin company only allows 1 license, if I deactivate the license from my old computer, can I activate it again on the new computer?

shidostrife wrote:Sorry to hijack, I was about to ask similar question.

I see "deactivate" button (or something similar) on the iLok License Manager, is it supposed to be used to transfer license from old to new computer? Let's say, the plugin company only allows 1 license, if I deactivate the license from my old computer, can I activate it again on the new computer?
Yes, that's the idea.

stardustmedia wrote:
shidostrife wrote:Sorry to hijack, I was about to ask similar question.

Yes, that's the idea.
alright, thanks for your reply :D

BTW: You MUST deactivate it, especially before you shred or sell your old computer. Otherwise you'll run into issues ;)

I bought the ZDT and TLC and what-not-insurance for the case my computer breaks down, or gets stolen, or burnt in a fire, etc. That ensures that I get instantly replacement-licenses. Otherwise you'll need to wait until you get your licenses back.

stardustmedia wrote:BTW: You MUST deactivate it, especially before you shred or sell your old computer. Otherwise you'll run into issues ;)

I bought the ZDT and TLC and what-not-insurance for the case my computer breaks down, or gets stolen, or burnt in a fire, etc. That ensures that I get instantly replacement-licenses. Otherwise you'll need to wait until you get your licenses back.
Thank you, I'll be sure to remember that. I am planning to get a new computer sometimes next year, but kinda clueless as to how these dongleless iLok licenses go.

If you use the dongle it's easy, yes.

If you imagine the computer as a dongle, then the deactivating and reactivating makes more sense. It'd be the same when you get a new USB-dongle.

They use some kind of checksum of the system. Which means, be careful... I had a windows system that used to work fine (and was my main music laptop, since it was touch, and I wanted to try an all-in-one using yeco.. side note), but then started having dropout issues...

I didn't fight it much (I also have a Macbook Air, which is way more reliable, but isn't touchscreen), but I tried a few things including disabling the local hardware network card. That didn't fix the problem, but it _did_ somehow change my machine ID, and even after trying to put everything back the way it was, the machine ID did not go back. This meant that I had some ilok licenses that were on a now nonexistent computer with no way to recover them.

Ilok won't do anything, but to their credit, Air Music at least gave me another authorization to replace it. I think UVI did too, can't remember (the other I don't use very much and had an extra).

So, if you do _anything_ that relates to the hardware, send your licenses to the cloud and back.

I had no such issues with waves or pluginalliance as far as I know; only ilok.

Better use a USB-dongle then.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”