Joué - an expressive and modular MIDI controller

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm guillaume, co founder of the french startup Joué. I'm here to introduce a new midi controller. It's modular, evolving, expressive and fun to play!
It's now available on Kickstarter.
You could find a lot of information here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1556263559/joue

I hope you will enjoy it. Feel free to ask any questions!

Guillaume @Joué

Is this MPE ready too?

YES it is!

In that case this looks like a winner, good luck!

Twelve days left, and close to be funded. Good!

As much as I like the style, build aesthetic etc. of the base unit, it definitely puts it way out of my budget.

It's a shame, as I really would like one :shrug:

Hi there!

Some fresh news for you: we just reached our goal on Kickstarter. It means that Joué will be manufactured very soon.
Then, check out the Ask.audio's interview of Pascal and learn more about Joué: http://tinyurl.com/hbcuxhg.
And hurry up, only 9 days left to get Joué at discount price on Kickstarter!

Guillaume @Joué

I hope it has a dedicated software on board to customize the shit out of it!
The Seaboard Rise f.e. is way to limited here and i´m searching for a MPE controller which has tactile feedback but is flexible as an iPad in terms of software setting including, size of keys, scales, microtonal things out of the 12 note scale limitation, midi cc´s settings etc.
So could Jouè do the job?
Or will i be bound to the surfaces i can get.
Could i use it even without a add on surface and customize "zones" etc.?

"My inner child was pleased" - Engadget
"Yours truly got hands on with a prototype of the Joué late last year on a rainy afternoon in Bristol and really enjoyed it" - Ask.audio

What about you? Only 24h left to get your Joué at discount price.
http://kck.st/2gO0R3Q

That doesn't answer any questions i had.
I'm just not sure if it's the thing i wanted (even when i was very interested in the beginning).
However, good luck with it!

Hi Cinebient,

sorry for the late answer. You can change a lot of parameters such as cc's settings, scale of the "scale" module, pitchbend range, etc. But you cannot use Joué without module. Joué aims to give tactile feedback through relief. That means that you can't change the keys size, position or that kind of things. Anyway, I hope you will have the opportunity to try Joué by yourself one day, to better understand how it is different and infinitely more playable than a modular application on a tablet.

Guillaume @Joué

guillaume@joué wrote:Hi Cinebient,

sorry for the late answer. You can change a lot of parameters such as cc's settings, scale of the "scale" module, pitchbend range, etc. But you cannot use Joué without module. Joué aims to give tactile feedback through relief. That means that you can't change the keys size, position or that kind of things. Anyway, I hope you will have the opportunity to try Joué by yourself one day, to better understand how it is different and infinitely more playable than a modular application on a tablet.

Guillaume @Joué
Thank's!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”