Glitchmachines Plugins - Anyone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone here own any of the Glitchmachines plugins besides the 2 free ones?

I was playing around with the 2 free ones today, and while it takes a bit of tweaking to get something usable (in my eyes/ears), they are a bit of fun. With today's tweaking I did get a pretty sweet kick/bass thing going on, sending a regular kick directly followed by an Avenger patch through Hysteresis.

I'm wondering how the other plugins are. No demos available on the non-free ones, but I get the feeling that if I like the free ones, the others are similar/better.

I have Polygon and feel the same.

Imho there's a narrow "sweet spot" one has to investigate to yield convincing results. I could not find it yet but OTH did not invest too much time. Simply loading your own wav-files (refering to Polygon) and get impressive results by clicking on a single button is not what you should expect.

The naked facts/specs are tremendous, though.

The only one I don't have (yet) is Subvert, I have all the others,
Including the latest FractureXT.

To me, they are all awesome, no doubt they are not for everyone.
Some people don't consider the "glitch" thing very musical at all I guess.
But if you like the free stuff, I'd say its a safe bet you would like the rest.

-Cheers

Cool creative plugins, no doubt but from the audio demos I find they sound pretty much all the same and feel they overlap on each other, but I like the free ones, they're fun.

I own Quadrant and Subvert, I like them a lot.
The trick (IMO, or maybe for my current "level") is realizing you don't have to use every bloody feature at the same time.
They are powerful even using few of the "modules" and few modulations.

Thanks all. Howdy pekbro :)

Yeah, I'm thinking that sampling the output and then grabbing the goodies and ditching the garbage, and using the good stuff within tracks is the way to go. That's even a suggestion on their site.

And yeah, I don't think any complete magic tracks are going to appear on the output of one of them. But, as far as FSU type of stuff, they seem pretty good. Some results are fairly lo-fi, which I'm not after really, but again, I did get some usable single hits out of the Hysteresis today.

For reference, I've been listening to Isqa lately. Really digging on these 2 tracks:

https://soundcloud.com/isqa/1_counter-clockwork

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_cpwIJSWc

+1 for Glitchmachines.
Need to invest some time but that could be pretty rewarding.
Well thought plug-ins with a twist.

Hey OzoneJunkie :)

FYI, they go on sale occasionally at pluginboutique. Thats where I got
most of them. They are pretty cheap already, but no brainers when on sale
and you can grab more than one.

-Cheers

Gotcha, thanks :)

Yeah, I'll wait until at least the holiday sales. Although I do see that they (Glitchmachines) sell a bundle... but I'll chill for a couple weeks.

:)
Last edited by OzoneJunkie on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

nordickvr wrote:+1 for Glitchmachines.
Need to invest some time but that could be pretty rewarding.
Well thought plug-ins with a twist.
+2
there are tons of "common plugins" out there, that's why all the Glitchmachines ones being extremely different, creative and a lot modular are really grabbing their sweet spot imho.
I know mangling extremely a sound is not for everyone...but if you like to experiment and like electronic contemporary stuff (gltiched based, buffered, distorted, ring modulated, pitch shifted and filtered in many ways like crazy and all available to be modulated and patched in any way) they are all a plus.

Maybe to have different flavours you can consider SUBVERT, the brand new FRACTURE XT, QUADRANT, POLYGON and CATARACT.
Then all the free sampe packs over there are good example of what you may get tweaking sounds with them, dipendingly of course on what you fed into it...
if you want to go over my blog I made a very brief descriptions with links of some of them, before giving the news of the new Fracture XT.
here's the link http://dcsiproductions.blogspot.com/201 ... s-new.html
Anyway personally I'm often spending time having fun with Quadrant and Polygon.
Now I will start with Cataract as well, as it's new to me and have still to spend time properly (soo much goodness so little time, about computer music ;-) ).
If you may like them spend a bit of time reading the manuals, it's rewarding, as it gives a better idea of "what is doing what" and "what you can patch where" so to speak. Greets

Diego_C - thanks - just read. Nice.

I should have mentioned - I did download their free sample packs - and I like them a lot.

If the free samples are a result of their plugins and even somewhat indicative of results I might get from them, then yeah, I think I'll grab them soon.

Polygon is absolutely fantastic. Shame it's monophonic. It's sold as a 'spot machine' effect, but turns out to be one of the most powerful monophonic samplers around. Which kind of brings me to the downside (for me)...

The plugs largely feel like they're engineered to achieve a certain sound rather than being open-ended tools. Take Polygon for instance - it's difficult to pitch the audio accurately in grains mode, and for some of its life (IIRC this has now been fixed) actual transposition values didn't match what was shown on the GUI. It was purely engineered as a 'spot-effect' machine, and little things like the transposition bug slipping by indicate that there wasn't really any time invested as seeing it as possibly being anything other than a spot machine effect during development.

There are a lot of little niggles like this throughout the range which indicate a kind of narrowness of sonic focus during development. The sample pack I have of theirs has kind of the same issue. The samples are very severely top and tailed, and the natural decay of the sounds is never allowed to ring out. The shop described the usage case as 'granulator fodder' IIRC, and sure enough the samples are edited in such a way that leaves them pretty much unusable in any other context.

I'd still recommend their stuff despite this though. I own 5 or so things from them and I keep going back, despite the caveats. Quality plugs at a brilliant price if there's a certain sonic gap in your arsenal that needs filling.

link
http://glitchmachines.com/

It was a close call to get Polygon on sale
Polygon -40% = 29.40

Also interested in Cataract.

Will wait for version 2.

I am not much into glitch and stutter but just love it when
you can stack your own samples. I would like to know if
ambient can be produeced from Polygon and/or Cataract.

Instead got Octomorph
http://www.epicsoundlab.com/octamorph-fe
on sale for 9.99 euros
http://vstbuzz.com/deals/82-off-octomor ... sound-lab/

Cataract is probably my favorite (by a slim margin). If you
have an electric guitar and cataract, you can make some
f*cked up cool sounds.

-Cheers

I would like to know if
ambient can be produeced from Polygon and/or Cataract.

I have all of the GM plugins. They are great for ambient. Just use a very slow tempo. You will be amazed at the depth and variety of sounds they make then.

Return to “Effects”