Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:Has the Thomann store been selling plugins before?

https://www.thomann.de/de/downloads.html
I know they have been for at least the last month or so as that's the only place I've seen The Legend other than direct.

systmu wrote:Looks like I got a new plugin from soundtoys in my ilok manager. Echoboy Jr :)
Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Also, thank you, Soundtoys! Between the discounts and free plugins, I gotta give it up to them. :clap:

I just shared the new mixnotes.tv product they released recently. I happened to remember them today and decided to check their website and they had something new! I've been waiting for them to release something like this for like two years now. So cool.

I heard his stuff (Jon Roye) several years ago and could tell this guy had an ear for producing top indie pop stuff. So glad he's finally released a tutorial on it. I'll be getting this very soon. Definitely worth a look. I've got a picky ear for polished songs and he's among the best at it that I've heard. I hope to glean some key nuggets from this release. Wanted to share as I don't think he's that well known yet.

He really is the only one with radio ready mixes I've heard online so far. If there are others out there, please let me know. I'm always interested in hearing quality and learning from them. Check out his demo tracks here: http://thejonathanroye.com/

For example, check out the track here on this video. Another very listenable radio ready track to my ear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwwfMiobZk

Anyone else know others doing this quality level of work? Please share!

Anyone else keep seeing plugimons? I do. And I keep clicking on them in the hopes there will be something new.
And yet, so far nothing has been all that compelling for me. I'm starting to feel bad for dontcrack as I'm guessing they're paying for these clicks, right?

I mean, they're obviously succeeding with their clickthrough rate. But if everyone is like me, they're just looking to see if there are more freebies or super discount coupons. And so far I'm getting neither of those. Just the same stuff as last week. All of which I've already cut and pasted into a .txt file in case I ever decide to use the codes.

I haven't seen one in a while it seems. But I see them more when I use my iPad rather than the computer. And they are usually the same 3. There's a thread for this though.

Rational wrote:http://mixnotes.tv/ have just released their new Mix Sessions Indie Acoustic how-to tutorial.

Very talented producer/engineer with hit songs to his credit you've probably heard on the radio, sharing a complete indie mix session.

$37 for video only. $47 with stems and bonus material.
So I am always looking for good training. How does this compare to the stuff on Groove3? I haven't been through all the mixing stuff.

dzilizzi wrote:So I am always looking for good training. How does this compare to the stuff on Groove3? I haven't been through all the mixing stuff.
FWIW, we have some extra Groove3 1 Year All Access Passes left over from the 50% off sale.

Uncle E wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:So I am always looking for good training. How does this compare to the stuff on Groove3? I haven't been through all the mixing stuff.
FWIW, we have some extra Groove3 1 Year All Access Passes left over from the 50% off sale.
I got it from you! I now have 2 years LOL! There is a lot to watch. And I usually have to watch a couple times for it to sink in.

Uncle E any chances for a deal for Melodyne Essential to Assistant upgrade?

The Editor to Studio Upgrade is the only one on sale. I do have some really cheap Melodyne Essentials if anyone needs them.

Uncle E what is the Deal with the eventide special? Is it any 4 eventide plugins? or Only plugins that are in anthology X?

dzilizzi wrote:
Rational wrote:http://mixnotes.tv/ have just released their new Mix Sessions Indie Acoustic how-to tutorial.

Very talented producer/engineer with hit songs to his credit you've probably heard on the radio, sharing a complete indie mix session.

$37 for video only. $47 with stems and bonus material.
So I am always looking for good training. How does this compare to the stuff on Groove3? I haven't been through all the mixing stuff.
I haven't ordered it yet. Finally tapped out from all my spending during BF. I'm also a "Lifetime member" at Mixnotes.tv, so I'm waiting for an answer back on how to get access to it under that prior purchase. But I'll let you know once I take a look.

I have been with groove3 for about 4 years now. Their stuff is pretty good overall. And Groove3 covers everything out there. This just covers a single tutorial for now it seems. The indie acoustic genre. I'm hoping it's good, but honestly until I see it I have no idea and so can't make a recommendation as yet. The tracks he uses in his demo sessions always sound really polished to my ear, and that's why I'm so interested. But I don't know how he gets it there to that point. So that's what I'm hoping is revealed. We'll see...

systmu wrote:Uncle E what is the Deal with the eventide special? Is it any 4 eventide plugins? or Only plugins that are in anthology X?
It's any Eventide plugins.

Uncle E wrote:
systmu wrote:Uncle E what is the Deal with the eventide special? Is it any 4 eventide plugins? or Only plugins that are in anthology X?
It's any Eventide plugins.
Cool including the free 2016 stereo room from focusrite? I know you surrender all licenses. Do you get to keep the licenses that are not in anthology X? Like the space reverb or whatever it's called? Sounds like I have more xmas shopping to do, for myself :hyper:

You get to keep the non-Anthology ones, including the (free) SR 2016.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”