RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

How are the modulation options with Rapid? I am not sure what drag and drop modulation means.

Ohlson_M wrote:How are the modulation options with Rapid? I am not sure what drag and drop modulation means.
Drag and drop means you can drag the modulator to the target you want to modulate, though you can still do it the old fashioned way if you prefer.

Ohlson_M wrote: I am not sure what drag and drop modulation means.
You can drag a mouse from the mod source (LFO, stepper, envelope, macro controller) to the target (basically anything) and the respective modulation will appear in the mod matrix where you can set the amount. In addiiton to the above you can use velocity, modwheel, keyfollow and some otehr things as mod sources.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wagtunes wrote:
Ohlson_M wrote:How are the modulation options with Rapid? I am not sure what drag and drop modulation means.
Drag and drop means you can drag the modulator to the target you want to modulate, though you can still do it the old fashioned way if you prefer.
Now I get it! Thanks.

recursive one wrote:
Ohlson_M wrote: I am not sure what drag and drop modulation means.
You can drag a mouse from the mod source (LFO, stepper, envelope, macro controller) to the target (basically anything) and the respective modulation will appear in the mod matrix where you can set the amount. In addiiton to the above you can use velocity, modwheel, keyfollow and some otehr things as mod sources.
Fu%¤in A!

Anyone else have a bug with the tooltips? When I hover over a control all I see is a ghosted rectangle with no tooltip text inside.

yes, same here with the tooltips, w 7 64, reaper last update x 64.

I'm on W7 64-bit, Ableton

No problems with the tooltips here. Win 10 x64, tested with the latest versions of Studio One, Reaper, Renoise, Bitwig and FL Studio.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Weird:
Turn up the env attack-knob and see the graphic move quiet a bit.. but the readout will say 0 ms attack...
U can turn the knob by nearly a quarter and it will show 0ms attack, but the graphic changes.

Decay- and release-knobs are better but also weird.
- WonderEcho -

Finally got this after trialing it for a while; wasn't initially interested because of what I perceived to be the "harsh" high end, as well as the (few) EDM presets; but after modifying some presets, noticing the "treble" control on the basic LP filters which you can turn down or off (or you can use one of the several other LP filter types that don't have this treble control), found that patches could be created that aren't harsh or EDM sounding at all, while retaining a crispness in the high end which I've not generally found in other synths.

Wanted to say for anyone else of the same mind, there are many other presets in the full factory library that are mellow or pad-oriented, things that can fit in quieter or more downtempo tracks, which sound fantastic to my ears, and have that detail in the high end again (often with the wavetable sweep) without sounding harsh. They really should put more of those presets in the demo version, since not everyone creates EDM.

synzh wrote:Finally got this after trialing it for a while; wasn't initially interested because of what I perceived to be the "harsh" high end, as well as the (few) EDM presets; but after modifying some presets, noticing the "treble" control on the basic LP filters which you can turn down or off (or you can use one of the several other LP filter types that don't have this treble control), found that patches could be created that aren't harsh or EDM sounding at all, while retaining a crispness in the high end which I've not generally found in other synths.

Wanted to say for anyone else of the same mind, there are many other presets in the full factory library that are mellow or pad-oriented, things that can fit in quieter or more downtempo tracks, which sound fantastic to my ears, and have that detail in the high end again (often with the wavetable sweep) without sounding harsh. They really should put more of those presets in the demo version, since not everyone creates EDM.

I think the limitations of the demo to only two layers probably prevents having those long evolving pads in them. I would love the opportunity to try this synth out to its full potential.

noddog wrote:Anyone else have a bug with the tooltips? When I hover over a control all I see is a ghosted rectangle with no tooltip text inside.
kokotte wrote:yes, same here with the tooltips, w 7 64, reaper last update x 64.
Tooltips are working fine for me, using RAPID v1.0.2 (retail), Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, on both REAPER v5.29 x64 and Ableton Live 9 Lite v9.7.1 x64.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

synzh wrote:Finally got this after trialing it for a while; wasn't initially interested because of what I perceived to be the "harsh" high end, as well as the (few) EDM presets; but after modifying some presets, noticing the "treble" control on the basic LP filters which you can turn down or off (or you can use one of the several other LP filter types that don't have this treble control), found that patches could be created that aren't harsh or EDM sounding at all, while retaining a crispness in the high end which I've not generally found in other synths.

Feels comforting to know that it is so much more capable than only being able to create those mainstream EDM timbres. I am quit tired of developers promoting their new synths with only these type of sounds. But in the end, what matters is what sounds you can create yourself. Hopefully some other genre presets come out so I can hear how versatile it really is. The demo is too limited to create what I want.

Just want to inform everyone that RAPID is now finally available for MacOS X !!!

Get the Demo Version !

@Development:
If no sudden bugs appear, I will now have time to work on the implementation of the wavetable import. Be existed! Although it probably won't be released this year.

GPU usage with transport stopped and just the GUI on screen for Serum, Avenger and Rapid demo. OK, I get it, Avenger's interface is vectorial but Rapid's?

PS: yes, Logic takes 13% CPU (in addition to GPU) just by showing Rapid demo on screen.

Return to “Instruments”