Cubase - how do I assign MIDI CC control of plugin parameters?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm fairly new to Cubase and am having a trouble grasping how to assign MIDI CC#s from my keyboard controller to virtual synth parameters in Cubase 9. I'm using 2 keyboards, Komplete Kontrol S61 and Roli Seaboard RISE 49.

I thought the best way to make assignments was to use the QC midi learn function in the track of the instrument. Both the keyboards are listed and active under MIDI->Devices in Device Setup. But when I activate learn in Quick Controls, it learns the track plugin parameter but not my keyboard CC control.

Is there something obvious that I am missing here. I could not track down anything in the manual that tipped me off to what is wrong.

Any help greatly appreciated.

IA

There are two QC
A Track and a VST QC, I rarely use them so I may not be remembering correctly but I think VST QC is what you need to be using.
Is that the one you are?
rsp
sound sculptist

sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:There are two QC
A Track and a VST QC, I rarely use them so I may not be remembering correctly but I think VST QC is what you need to be using.
Is that the one you are?
rsp
that was it!! thanks so much for responding! I'm still a bit confused why there is an extra layer like this and still now sure how to use Track Quick Controls, but this gets me pointed in the right direction... much appreciated.

I literally HATE midi learn in Cubase (one of the few things i really hate about it). There are at least 3 ways, and none of those gives me the desired result, or, is very user friendly. QC are only limited to 8 controls at a time, and when you need more, you need to switch pages. :bang: The generic remote control is a huge PITA to set up, and, the remote control editor does only work with a handful of devices, and of course not for the generic remote. :roll: I don't know if i had missed something, but, i never was fully able to set up remote control of VST parameters through their systems. Always eluded to midi learn in the plugins. Shame for those plugins which don't feature midi learn, and whose midi CC's are hardcoded...

igoramos wrote:
Is that the one you are?
rsp
that was it!! thanks so much for responding! I'm still a bit confused why there is an extra layer like this and still now sure how to use Track Quick Controls, but this gets me pointed in the right direction... much appreciated.
I just watched the video.... it was a nice refresher...hopefully it helps you too.
rsp
sound sculptist

thanks very much! Very clarifying. Though seems unnecessarily convoluted when you compare it to some other DAWs...

zvenx wrote:
igoramos wrote:
Is that the one you are?
rsp
I just watched the video.... it was a nice refresher...hopefully it helps you too.
rsp
thanks! yes it did help!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”