Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube (intro pricing through Jan 15 2017)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube Custom Shop AmpliTube Fender Collection 2

^there may be some confusion..I'm speaking of the classic tube amps, like this collection is based on - not the silver line. The classics are where your marshalls come from...you can tweak the original marshall sounds out of them, with work.

spacekid wrote: Regardless of that, it's really in the hands of the player, I've heard plenty of people make it work due to how they play.
I don't care how you play you'll never make a Fender sound like a Mesa Boogie........ :wink:

I'm not saying Fender Amps are bad, just not my cup of tea.......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote: Regardless of that, it's really in the hands of the player, I've heard plenty of people make it work due to how they play.
I don't care how you play you'll never make a Fender sound like a Mesa Boogie........ :wink:

Right. Nothing wrong with that either. I love Fender amps on the other hand, and will probably buy a Princeton Reverb (either vintage or boutique clone) or a vintage Vibro Champ soon. I don't play any metal, so Mesa's and Engl's do nothing for me, and I love a good Fender amp tone. They're definitely not for high gain stuff though, and the most high gain amp I probably like is the JCM800, which to me, is probably the peak of Marshall tone. I'm an indie rock guy so Fender amps, Vox, etc. rule the roost. I've got a Laney Lionheart, and that's a very cool low wattage amp, but it's the only thing Laney makes that I'm interested in.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

Right. Nothing wrong with that either. I love Fender amps on the other hand, and will probably buy a Princeton Reverb (either vintage or boutique clone) or a vintage Vibro Champ soon. I don't play any metal, so Mesa's and Engl's do nothing for me, and I love a good Fender amp tone. They're definitely not for high gain stuff though, and the most high gain amp I probably like is the JCM800, which to me, is probably the peak of Marshall tone. I'm an indie rock guy so Fender amps, Vox, etc. rule the roost. I've got a Laney Lionheart, and that's a very cool low wattage amp, but it's the only thing Laney makes that I'm interested in.
It was mainly in the wattage and the speakers/cab..which is what Marshall added and then tweaked the gain. You can do a lot with the early Fenders, that is surprising. I'm not saying it is the best, I'm saying it's very possible. And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.

spacekid wrote: And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.
No more than there was a reason to say:
spacekid wrote:it's really in the hands of the player, I've heard plenty of people make it work due to how they play.
Like I said it doesn't matter how you play you'll never get a Fender to sound like a Mesa Boogie or vice versa. For the style of music I play it's a no brainer....Mesa all the way.

It's all about personal preference and personally I don't prefer the sound of Fenders. Nothing wrong with them just not my preference. They have been played and loved by countless musicians.

But the point I am trying to make is although I would not buy a Fender collection I would be interested in a Laney collection (since they already have a Mesa collection). Perhaps IK will release one in the future. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote: And a Mesa Boogie is a totally different amp structure...there is no reason to compare two different fruit.
No more than there was a reason to say:
spacekid wrote:it's really in the hands of the player, I've heard plenty of people make it work due to how they play.
Like I said it doesn't matter how you play you'll never get a Fender to sound like a Mesa Boogie or vice versa. For the style of music I play it's a no brainer....Mesa all the way.

It's all about personal preference and personally I don't prefer the sound of Fenders. Nothing wrong with them just not my preference. They have been played and loved by countless musicians.

But the point I am trying to make is although I would not buy a Fender collection I would be interested in a Laney collection (since they already have a Mesa collection). Perhaps IK will release one in the future. :shrug:
My statement is true. What do YOU think metal sounds like. Many early metal bands recorded solid state practice amps and sounded just fine.

spacekid wrote: My statement is true. What do YOU think metal sounds like. Many early metal bands recorded solid state practice amps and sounded just fine.
No your statement is incorrect. I don't really care what "early metal bands used". I used an original Big Muff Pi years ago that I thought was the dog's bollocks but compared to what is available now it sounds like ass.....which is why I sold it for a profit no less. :wink:

Look if you like Fenders that's fine....I don't. Deal with it...... :lol:

Can't I just ask for a Laney collection without you getting your panties in a bunch ?

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote: My statement is true. What do YOU think metal sounds like. Many early metal bands recorded solid state practice amps and sounded just fine.
No your statement is incorrect. I don't really care what "early metal bands used". I used an original Big Muff Pi years ago that I thought was the dog's bollocks but compared to what is available now it sounds like ass.....which is why I sold it for a profit no less. :wink:

Look if you like Fenders that's fine....I don't. Deal with it...... :lol:

Can't I just ask for a Laney collection without you getting your panties in a bunch ?
Dude I'm not even defending Fender. All I did was say something is possible...you took it to mean a little more than it did. And I just said metal..it was never defined what genre you were talking about...I prefer Mesa Boogie's and Engls myself :)

spacekid wrote:Dude I'm not even defending Fender.
Sorry it sounding like you were defending them here after I said I'm not a fan of Fenders:
spacekid wrote:The good ones breath a bit more than other amps. You have to spend more time dialing them in..and then just sitting on something good for a bit. They take pedals very well and have a nice headroom when set up properly.
spacekid wrote:I prefer Mesa Boogie's and Engls myself :)
Well then you might be interested in a Laney Collection too........ :hihi:

Teksonik wrote:
spacekid wrote:Dude I'm not even defending Fender.
Sorry it sounding like you were defending them here after I said I'm not a fan of Fenders:
spacekid wrote:The good ones breath a bit more than other amps. You have to spend more time dialing them in..and then just sitting on something good for a bit. They take pedals very well and have a nice headroom when set up properly.
spacekid wrote:I prefer Mesa Boogie's and Engls myself :)
Well then you might be interested in a Laney Collection too........ :hihi:
No, It's cool. And I would like a Laney collection. My knowledge from fender just comes from having one of the old models as my first amp, so I was just sharing that I've done and heard others do very modern things with them. But I'm not going back to that myself either for a few reasons. The wattage limit is a major problem and they take a lot of pedals to get any modern sound out of them. It's much easier to get one of the amps I prefer now to sound like I want.

the first Mesa Boogie was a modded Fender by Randall Smith. I dont know if they still sell them (there wasn't much to them) but mojotone had amp mod kits that with a little knowledge one can add a high gain stage, or a cascading stage (my boogie sob has a cascading pre-amp stage) to any tube amp. One doesn't need the kit though, plenty of resources to learn how to mod the amp and where to get the few parts you need. It's not rocket science ;)

Sorry for going OT
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
the first Mesa Boogie was a modded Fender by Randall Smith. I dont know if they still sell them (there wasn't much to them) but mojotone had amp mod kits that with a little knowledge one can add a high gain stage, or a cascading stage (my boogie sob has a cascading pre-amp stage) to any tube amp. One doesn't need the kit though, plenty of resources to learn how to mod the amp and where to get the few parts you need. It's not rocket science ;)

Sorry for going OT
True, they've totally defined their own amp since then though. In all fairness, most amp designs started from the classic Fender. I was realizing this morning that the most modern Fender amp that I found impressive to play through on stage was (for me) an SWR bass amp (4x10 or 4x12(if they even made one)...I was playing Bass in a band about 6 years ago and the previous band to us had one and let me try it out..very tight :)

spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:

Sorry for going OT
True, they've totally defined their own amp since then though. In all fairness, most amp designs started from the classic Fender. I was realizing this morning that the most modern Fender amp that I found impressive to play through on stage was (for me) an SWR bass amp (4x10 or 4x12(if they even made one)...I was playing Bass in a band about 6 years ago and the previous band to us had one and let me try it out..very tight :)
I dont want to continue this tbh, this is about IK however very briefly most tube amps did not start from the design of a Fender. Leo Fender was still a boy when the tube amps that served as a model for guitar amps came into the picture. You are overthinking what tube amps really are and original guitar amps are absolutely some of the most basic electronics. My three Frenzels are voiced for Fender or Marshall, not two different channels just very simple changes in the input stage with two different inputs. FWIW, they nail both :wink:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:

Sorry for going OT
I dont want to continue this tbh, this is about IK however very briefly most tube amps did not start from the design of a Fender. Leo Fender was still a boy when the tube amps that served as a model for guitar amps came into the picture. You are overthinking what tube amps really are and original guitar amps are absolutely some of the most basic electronics. My three Frenzels are voiced for Fender or Marshall, not two different channels just very simple changes in the input stage with two different inputs. FWIW, they nail both :wink:
Not really overthinking. Most companies that jumped onboard to making amps followed the success of Fender by first tweaking his designs and growing them from there.

spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:
spacekid wrote:
Hink wrote:

Sorry for going OT
Not really overthinking. Most companies that jumped onboard to making amps followed the success of Fender by first tweaking his designs and growing them from there.
True, it is because those old Fenders are classics still sought after today.
There is a world beyond heavy metal. :)

Return to “Effects”