Synclavier V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK - I know it's supposed to be a re-creation, but couldn't you guys please put an lfo or two,
and a looping envelope or two in the mod sources?

It is software after all. And those would add so much to an already mighty fine piece.

felis wrote:OK - I know it's supposed to be a re-creation, but couldn't you guys please put an lfo or two,

It is software after all. And those would add so much to an already mighty fine piece.
Hehehe...+1. Some extra mod sources would be awesome. Would open pandora's box in this synth!

Just got the v5 upgrade as its a no brainer at the moment.

This synth is really nice, just sounds great.

Plus the screen is working quite nicely with a touch screen.

The only elements of the GUI that arent working with touch for me is the Harmonic Select options and changing tools on the Time Slices tab.

Not a biggie though.

Creating time slices and drawing in harmonics and envelopes is fun :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

In this particular case, I have to disagree totally. I lived through the Synclavier era. It was our dream synth if we could afford one. I think it was like $20,000 at the time. Don't really remember. It was a long time ago. Point is, those of us who lusted after this thing and couldn't afford one WANT a recreation as close to the original as possible. We don't want a bastardized version. You want LFOs? Go buy another synth. Leave this one alone.

I am glad that Arturia made this as faithful to the original as possible and I hope they have no intentions of turning it into something else.

Re Extra LFOs / Envelope

Its quite easy to add them with other tools

wagtunes wrote:In this particular case, I have to disagree totally. I lived through the Synclavier era. It was our dream synth if we could afford one. I think it was like $20,000 at the time. Don't really remember. It was a long time ago. Point is, those of us who lusted after this thing and couldn't afford one WANT a recreation as close to the original as possible. We don't want a bastardized version. You want LFOs? Go buy another synth. Leave this one alone.

I am glad that Arturia made this as faithful to the original as possible and I hope they have no intentions of turning it into something else.

You know you don't have to use every feature right ? "We" ? I wasn't aware you were appointed the spokesperson for a generation.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

felis wrote:OK - I know it's supposed to be a re-creation, but couldn't you guys please put an lfo or two,

Not exactly an LFO, but the vibrato can be used per partial.There are six waveform shapes, rate,carrier controls and sync. The Link and Modulator work together and allow you to affect the FM with the vibrato.

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:In this particular case, I have to disagree totally. I lived through the Synclavier era. It was our dream synth if we could afford one. I think it was like $20,000 at the time. Don't really remember. It was a long time ago. Point is, those of us who lusted after this thing and couldn't afford one WANT a recreation as close to the original as possible. We don't want a bastardized version. You want LFOs? Go buy another synth. Leave this one alone.

You know you don't have to use every feature right ? "We" ? I wasn't aware you were appointed the spokesperson for a generation.
I wasn't appointed anything. I was just expressing my opinion and my dislike for every emulation needing to go beyond the original just because "it can."

Hopefully, Arturia will agree with me and won't touch it.

But you dont have to use every feature, just the ones you want

Love the Synclavier-V. Arturia hit it out of the park with this one. They convinced Cameron Jones (original developer) to collaborate on the effort. So, while it's faithful to the original (even has some of Cameron's original code baked in) - it goes beyond what the original was capable of. 12 partial timbres vs. the original's 4. While I was around and gigging when it was released.. I had no real clue about it. It was used by super groups, and folks in the industry and had a pricetag to match.

Anyway - the soft synth is fantastic. It's got Cameron's blessing (and know-how) - and there is already a group on-line started by Cameron, sharing .synx timbre files.

jdoo wrote:while it's faithful to the original
Not really, it only has some of its functionality
Eg. Sampling, multitrack sequencing is missing.

The original is closer to what is a Daw bundled with synths and effects these days

I imagine a good proportion of the originals cost was the ram and hard disk

VariKusBrainZ wrote:

The original is closer to what is a Daw bundled with synths and effects these days
Which was the later incarnation of the Synclavier.

And theyre creating a web browser version in HTML5!

http://www.synclavier.com/

VariKusBrainZ wrote:

Sampling (and resynthesis) were added in Synclavier II, AFAIK. Multitrack sequencing was a later addition, but was not why Synclavier is known.

That said, I hope that sampling (and especially resynthesis) will be added somehow in a later incarnation.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”