MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

egbert wrote:As as VST3 instrument, will MODO accept audio input from a DAW? Eg in Cubase 9, this is a new feature. If not currently, this could be a useful feature to use the FX and amps.
I doubt that as it would be overlap with Amplitube 4, IK's dedicated AMP Sim. I don't even see why AMPs and pedals were even added to MODO. It would have been better off limited to perfecting the raw E-bass pickup sound and playing techniques.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
egbert wrote:As as VST3 instrument, will MODO accept audio input from a DAW? Eg in Cubase 9, this is a new feature. If not currently, this could be a useful feature to use the FX and amps.
I doubt that as it would be overlap with Amplitube 4, IK's dedicated AMP Sim. I don't even see why AMPs and pedals were even added to MODO. It would have been better off limited to perfecting the raw E-bass pickup sound and playing techniques.
One advantage this capability would confer is that it would allow the user to blend/alternate real electric bass or sampled bass with MODO modeled bass through the same fx/amp. Could be handy for creating realistic effects.

It sounds like there are some overlapping sounds when playing fast consecutive notes on the same string. Kind of like a sustain pedal pressed. No, "Let Ring" is off. It sounds weird because the notes lose their attack and release and results in synth sound. Very unrealistic. Is this intended behavior?

When I try to freeze a Mondo midi track in Samplitude Pro X3 the resulting audio is blank.
When I unfreeze to get the midi back Samplitude quits. Anyone else having freeze issues in other DAW's? If not I will report it to Magix.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

juhhie wrote:It sounds like there are some overlapping sounds when playing fast consecutive notes on the same string. Kind of like a sustain pedal pressed. No, "Let Ring" is off. It sounds weird because the notes lose their attack and release and results in synth sound. Very unrealistic. Is this intended behavior?
You can have overlapping notes on different strings, but not on the same string. Did you report this to IK?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Hi there
In S1 you can export the bass track as following: play the bass part with MODO, then make shure, that the bass track is activ. Now go to "song/export mix" and export the track as a WAV file, in the quality you need. In the "export mix" window, make shure that you enable the "real time precessing"!!! Than klick ok to export the track. After that is done, you can place the track into an audio track. It is tested and it works.
export.JPG
The screenshot comes from my german version of S1 professional.

oldman1950
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here is an example of MODO BASS with harmonics, slides, vibrato, etc...(very playable):

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... -modo-bass

Nice example. If I wasn't a better bass player than I was a keyboardist, I'd totally pick this up.

oldman1950 wrote:Hi there
In S1 you can export the bass track as following: play the bass part with MODO, then make shure, that the bass track is activ. Now go to "song/export mix" and export the track as a WAV file, in the quality you need. In the "export mix" window, make shure that you enable the "real time precessing"!!! Than klick ok to export the track. After that is done, you can place the track into an audio track. It is tested and it works.
export.JPG
The screenshot comes from my german version of S1 professional.

oldman1950
Hi there,

Thanks for testing. I guess I'll need to do a similar thing in Samplitude. Although I'm surprised that Mondo doesn't allow you to do a track freeze.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

electro wrote:
juhhie wrote:It sounds like there are some overlapping sounds when playing fast consecutive notes on the same string. Kind of like a sustain pedal pressed. No, "Let Ring" is off. It sounds weird because the notes lose their attack and release and results in synth sound. Very unrealistic. Is this intended behavior?
You can have overlapping notes on different strings, but not on the same string. Did you report this to IK?
No, I didn't report it to IK as I only have the demo and I'm not their beta tester. I thought I'd report it to this thread as there is IK presence here. So far they haven't addressed this then maybe it's intended behavior.

juhhie wrote:
electro wrote:
No, I didn't report it to IK as I only have the demo and I'm not their beta tester. I thought I'd report it to this thread as there is IK presence here. So far they haven't addressed this then maybe it's intended behavior.
I can relay information from threads like these, but without specific information and direct troubleshooting via a support ticket, the likelihood of getting an issue fixed by relaying it by a middleman drops steeply.

Kraznet wrote:When I try to freeze a Mondo midi track in Samplitude Pro X3 the resulting audio is blank.
When I unfreeze to get the midi back Samplitude quits. Anyone else having freeze issues in other DAW's? If not I will report it to Magix.
Hi Kraznet,

I cannot reproduce your observation. On my first freeze (ever) of MODO bass, Sam displayed the bounced waveform in the arranger... then _it_ froze completely. Subsequent freeze/unfreeze experiments have worked as expected. All this using Samplitude 14.0.2.60 (DC2) and MODO VST2 initial public release.

However I have an issue in that the VST3 version does not appear to receive MIDI CC data from Sam. I have reported this to IK, who cannot reproduce (altho they have not explicitly stated that they tested with Sam). As I don't have any other VST3i instruments I can't test Samplitude's general behaviour with VST3i's further. Fortunately the VST2i works as expected (and very nicely too IMO).

nordickvr wrote:
ArranD wrote:I'm having a volume issue with overlapping notes on slapped bass, I've got a ticket open with support but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I wonder if someone could try this and see what happens.
select play style 'Slapped'
Turn the amplifier down in 'amp and fx' so you're only listening to the DI (no Compression)
repeatedly strike the low A1 on a keyboard (note 45) and note the volume
now while repeatedly striking A1 hold down the G below it, in my case I'm getting massive volume jumps, even if I set the keyboard velocity to constant.
Can anyone else replicate this.
Yes, any tie notes in this register do this here too.
Just had a reply from support to say that they've been able to replicate the issue and there's a fix in the next update (released in the next few days).

Yes, there should be an update coming soon.

We have a new video about mapping some of the parameters in MODO BASS for a very playable and realistic performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGB1zqGXnsE

Here's a short little jam I did (about a minute)

You can hear the bass in the background.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/dbg-jam

Return to “Instruments”