Vengeance Avenger - First Impressions and Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Feature request:
XY-pad/morphing pad

Why donwloadable file after purchase is 1.0.23 and at the same time demo is 1.0.24?
Core i 6700k, NVidia GTX750, Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, RME Babeface Pro, Studiologic SL88 Grand, Focal Alpfa 65

LumenMedia wrote:Why donwloadable file after purchase is 1.0.23 and at the same time demo is 1.0.24?
For me, after purchase I had to install 1.0.23 to authorize the license file, than update to 1.0.24. I couldn't authorize with 1.0.24, I got a blank window instead of the authorize window. I'm on Win10 with Studio One 3 Pro. I also got some crashes using only one instance of Avenger, while I got no crash with the demo.

if i'm looping arp or seq in cubase with avenger, there's no proper sync timing while loop is playing.
if i load any other synth and loop arp or seq, there's perfect sync timing.
i'm running avenger version 1.0.24

also. cubase sometimes freezes while browsing patches or just loading avenger into instruments...

Same with me, time after time it freezed during opening, but not frequently. After reboot of my system and installation of 1.0.24 all seems more stable now.
Core i 6700k, NVidia GTX750, Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, RME Babeface Pro, Studiologic SL88 Grand, Focal Alpfa 65

The 1.024 release nearly solved the crackle problem on win7, x64. :tu:

Edit: No crackling any more. Everything works fine over here. :D
The average bored guy

btw here is the current state of today
update will be released probably tomorrow.

- ARP Sync bug case with "touching" notes fixed.
- fixed a problem in the NPoint-envelope that may lead to a unsync playstate while envelope is playing and points are changed.
- used different font on SYS-TAB for better readability on small scale factors
- fixed: pitch envelope Sync-Triplets not working
- fixed a crash when using mousehweel on Filter-Additional mode selector while there are no additional modes.

Andreas71 wrote:Feature request:
XY-pad/morphing pad
rp plugins feel mostly clumsy for me but they nailed the xy pad! great addition
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi,

Now waiting for next update (1.0.25) planned today. Sustain pedal not fixed? if yes, too bad (as usual). :D EDIT it wasn't indicated in lastest post (yesterday), but now "Sustain Pedal OSC Hold" global parameter is fixed, bravo! :tu:

In fact, this reply concerns custom curves for LFOs (cosmetics), IMO it will be better to name them using following scheme: C1-LFO, C2-LFO, C3-LFO (instead of existing C-LFO1, C-LFO2, C-LFO3) because (IMO) it's confusing - in my mind, C-LFO1 means LFO1 (and not custom curve #1), C-LFO2 means LFO2 (and not custom curve #2), etc...

Of course, any comments about this are welcome! (maybe I'm wrong).

Regards.

Dominique.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

Just wanted to take a second to say that I'm really enjoying this synth. I've always been more of a preset user, but this synth encourages tweaking or creating your own sounds. I'll still start with a preset, but it's easy to make it your own.

One thing I wasn't sure of, where is it that you can select different views to increase performance?

STi_NJ wrote:Just wanted to take a second to say that I'm really enjoying this synth. I've always been more of a preset user, but this synth encourages tweaking or creating your own sounds. I'll still start with a preset, but it's easy to make it your own.

One thing I wasn't sure of, where is it that you can select different views to increase performance?
The way you program your sounds are very important.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

woodsdenis wrote:My no 1 wish. A much easier way to import one shot samples as a sound source, the fact that you can do it for drums and not for Osc is daft. It seems it was done this way as to not over lap what Phalanx does. Phalanx has a very basic drag and drop system with a loop mode and root note assignment, IMO that is all that s needed , no need for round robin etc.

In general pretty solid here, no crashes.
I agree.
I got it to import longer samples, and layer them, loop, reverse, effect, and modulate them, as it was advertised it could do in a fantastic, new, powerful EASY way... and it simply cannot.
Fine with multisamples, awful with single sample (I watched and followed step by step the fast tutorial video about it).
Still going back to Serum and Omnisphere to make things work fast and get the job done, without losing time to figure out what cannot be done as presented in the video (I swear I watched it and repeated all the steps carefully, but you can only import "shapes", not single - longer - samples, which is a shame).

I hate spending money and get things not doing what they promise...
Hope an update will fix it.

Also, percentage values is uncomfortable, it' better to know how many semitones/or herz.
And finally, right click for assigning modulations.

Serum did not request me one single day of striving... uselessly...

thats untrue
of course you can import single samples. Its just like importing a multisample, but with only 1 sample in the folder
quite easy

in the future we plan a sample drag and drop option for oneshots.

double post
Last edited by msvs on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote:btw here is the current state of today
update will be released probably tomorrow.

- ARP Sync bug case with "touching" notes fixed.
- fixed a problem in the NPoint-envelope that may lead to a unsync playstate while envelope is playing and points are changed.
- used different font on SYS-TAB for better readability on small scale factors
- fixed: pitch envelope Sync-Triplets not working
- fixed a crash when using mousehweel on Filter-Additional mode selector while there are no additional modes.
Thanks for all the updates!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Return to “Instruments”