arp output 3 notes if in poly synth area and correct 1 note if in upper edit area. Bug ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

see youtube video and the attached mulab free testproject for easy try out. how can get it working correct if step sequencer is inside oscilator area ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bouszrU ... e=youtu.be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

The arpegiator needs multiple input notes. The polysynth generates a new voices for each note. So in your patch the arp only receives one note ie the note that generates the voice. That's why it doesn't work as you might expect.

and what can do to get it working ?. i do not understand wy a area can work diffrent. in the poly synth area it is connect to Event input 1 same as other area. or is it not ok, to connect the arp with oscilators, and i need create for sub oscilator a own area ?

I want the oscilator for subbass play only lowest note press on keyboard and not all notes. the other oscilator should play all notes

Pls note that i can't zoom in into each individual patch designers case cause the options in MUX are vast and also i would have to invest precious time to think about how to realize certain specific goals, while there are many users waiting for new and improved features for MuLab and MUX and my time resources are very limited. Ok, just this quick thought: What about inserting the arp in a MUX (ie not PolySynth) and use some Note Key Filter modules to setup split zones and route the lower key zone to a first PolySynth and the higher key zone to a second PolySynth.

this do not work with splitter, when play a chord you do not know where to split. but chords play with bass oscilators sound bad. but it is ok, i report that, because i thought it is small bug you can fix easy. but if it is not possible by design can create a area basssynth and use in the above area the arp.

maybe you and other find it very usefull too, that suboscilator play only lowest note. here you can hear the diffrende. when switch to ---- it sound very bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtnlKec ... e=youtu.be

magicmusic wrote:i thought it is small bug you can fix easy
I don't see a bug.

ok, to make it clear, maybe you add in docu that step sequencer work not 100% correct in poly synth or let it not choose in polysynth. in docu stand this "To know which modules can be used inside PolySynth, simply open the PolySynth editor and add a new module, the popup list will tell you which modules are available. Note that e.g. an oscillator can also be used outside PolySynth, e.g. in a MUX patch, but then the oscillator is monophonic!"

The idea to have a mono subbass with stepsequencer work ok. it is also possible use oscilator in a area that is monophonic. in chords the lowest note or highest note is play, depend on step sequencer setting

magicmusic wrote:ok, to make it clear, maybe you add in docu that step sequencer work not 100% correct in poly synth
I don't see anything wrong with the step seq in the polysynth. I think it is working 100% correct. Thing is that the arp mode needs multiple note inputs and the event input in polysynth only represents the one note that created the voice. But speaking generally you might use other modules to create multiple notes within a polysynth voice. I double-checked this and it's working correct. There might not be a solution for your specific goal atm but that doesn't mean MUX / the Step Sequencer is not working correct.

Return to “MUTOOLS”