bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

Numanoid wrote:
David Boura wrote:I'm not in some random mode, thank you. I'm at least as clever as you.
No doubt, but what are your strategies to accomplish what you want?

Trying to hurt their business?:
David Boura wrote:More seriously, i highly discourage any new incomer to buy Bitwig nowadays for all the bad reasons.
I have no strategy and i'm not trying to hurt anyone, sorry for the misunderstanding.
This is information only.

EvilDragon wrote:And then you wonder why you were banned. :D
strange thing to take pleasure in, if that's what your emoticon denotes.

at any rate, I wonder why he was banned too. But only rhetorically, since they censored/banned him probably for the same reasons they did it to others... that he was expressing dissatisfaction with their product and their future plans for this product - something Dom called 'spamming' (re: David Boura at least)... which is interesting, because, I seriously doubt Dom is censoring/banning users who are repeatedly saying 'Bitwig is great, long live bitwig' .... somehow, it's only those customers who have less favourable things to express who are considered the 'spammers'.

cute!
Numanoid wrote:
David Boura wrote:So i bumped my FR in the 1.3.16 RC1. They removed it in under 5 minutes because partly "it's long". Yeah it's long. It's never been adressed or even answered. But this is an excuse. Go check all new releases threads, this is nature that you have all sort of comments. Not only academic and wanted reaction from the masses. As a simple example, on the 1.3.14, you have this guy saying "No stuff on Win10 xx.xx", they didn't remove it.

Then i bumped it again on the "concise feature" thread, and then had some sort of trollings from idk and care who/what model/script.
It is annoying, but as "they" can moderate the forum as they see fit, you just gotta play along to "their" rules of conduct.

Not sure if these kind of posts in other forums help your cause, I am thinking you are too hot in the head at the moment and need to take a step back to cool down and think about what you want to accomplish with these kind of rants.
Rant ? ... what are you on about ? The guy simply shared his customer experience here, both with the product, and with his experience of censorship in the official forum - censorship being something we were discussing in this very thread only yesterday. if there's another case of censorship taking place, it's informative and beneficial that he should post it here. and in so doing, wouldn't you rather want to know the story behind the censorship ? or would you prefer he simply say 'i got banned', and then mock & jeer along with the usual apologist jackasses that he 'probably deserved it' without indicating any interest whatsoever in knowing the facts ?

Rants... pfff.
Numanoid wrote:
rod_zero wrote:The only ones hurting their bussines is BW itself with this new model.
So you agree that less is more, that pointing out the totally obvious is quite unecessary.

The best revenge is to live well, and there are many DAWs out there that anybody is free to choose instead.
rod_zero, I'm sure, can speak for himself without you trying to put words in his mouth. that is the only thing that is 'quite unnecessary'.

as for 'revenge' ... again, that's your word, your idea ... and a nasty one at that. David is simply a customer sharing his experience, if there is anything factually incorrect in his retelling of events - perhaps you should challenge him on that - but to try and paint his contribution as a 'revenge' tactic is really bizarre, and you should perhaps take your own advice from earlier on about 'taking a step back to cool down and think about what you want to accomplish with these kind of accusations' because conjuring these notions of 'revenge', and framing the sincere contributions of others as such when a customer is just sharing his experience, is a nasty thing to do.
David Boura wrote:This is information only.
and that's exactly how it comes across, those criticising you are only so doing because of your position in this hot topic - which is critical rather than praise or apologism. if you were sharing a 'positive' experience the same people wouldn't be giving you any shit. the truth is, they don't like what they hear, but can't dispute the facts you share so instead resort to concocting notions of 'revenge' and 'rants' ... don't let it get to you.

@ Daags :tu: :clap:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thank you Daags, at least someone got it. Made my day.

David Boura wrote:Thank you Daags, at least someone got it. Made my day.
I was on your side as well but i have to be careful atm.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
David Boura wrote:Thank you Daags, at least someone got it. Made my day.
I was on your side as well but i have to be careful atm.. :lol:
There is only one side actually :ud:

hehe, this guy gets banned ... whereas the other obvious sock-puppet account in this thread (from a few pages back) is left alone. seems legit! the fact the other sock-puppet is a bitwig apologist is probably just a coincidence.

...unless Dom can ban people across the whole site, and not just the Bitwig official forum ? I don't know how sub-forum mod's power works in other areas of the site. I didn't think they could issue a site-wide ban.

Buy it if you like it or just stay with whatever DAW you already own

I dont know why there is so much bashing, just dont pay and wait for the update you will like in 2 year or just stay with what you got already

3Side wrote:Buy it if you like it or just stay with whatever DAW you already own

I dont know why there is so much bashing, just dont pay and wait for the update you will like in 2 year or just stay with what you got already
Utter quality marketting.

I was interested in Bitwig up until now.
Some serious ego's running that show.
gg

you know what, there is a bitwig forum here on KvR and there are too many one posters popping up...take your disscussions there, I'm not spending my night chasing this thread.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thanks for unlocking this Hink. I thought that the conversation was relatively civil. I also have to really agree with Daags that with the banning behavior in the BW forum that there needs to be a place to discuss, and that includes criticize, this release that is outside of their purview.

I'm also glad too that thie subject is still alive. There are more users with sane and sensible questions or statements that need expressing.

On topic, I really think the Dev's(Bitwig that is and any others planning this scheme)need to pay attention to this thread though as there are some legitimate concerns being layed out that affects more than JUST their current license holders.

The potential market is also very, very, VERY concerned. :(

I don't think they care much, like almost EVERY OTHER other host company.

Anyone ever watch sports shows? I've cut down to about to .1% of what I used to watch. What they did is determine that anyone complaining about them was simply a "twitter troll" and dismiss all of it as unimportant. In their model, it's all about advertising dollars and buzz. Frankly, I don't think very many people are actually paying attention to any of it. It's on in the background, shills post tweets that look like real people, and as long as everyone gets paid, it's fine.

Pretty sure that, like almost every other host company, they look at complainers that way too. Doesn't really matter what the complaints are.

ghettosynth wrote:Thanks for unlocking this Hink. I thought that the conversation was relatively civil. I also have to really agree with Daags that with the banning behavior in the BW forum that there needs to be a place to discuss, and that includes criticize, this release that is outside of their purview.
They certainly allow even harsh criticism there, I'm not a particularly diplomatic person about expressing my views and they are all still there. It's just breaking the forum rules, childish spamming and trolling that is culled, and for the benefit of everyone.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”