Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

chk071 wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:
.jon wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote: vocal minority vs silent majority
Ooh, look at this! Here we have a psychic who knows the opinion of his imaginary, undefined group of people, and like a miracle, it just happens to be the same as his opinion!
It's always like that. The vocal people are the one that are not happy. Considering Bitwig must have thousands customers I'm pretty certain that people rantings are a minority.
Exactly. That's also why the internet sucks sometimes, because it's basically just one big platform for the vocal minority around the world. Guess if you don't get heard in the real world, you'll have to shout in the cyber world, and even get approval by like-minded peeps. :shrug:

either of you geniuses have any data we can check out, to support this assertion ?

no ? ... ok.

and this is particularly ironic "Guess if you don't get heard in the real world, you'll have to shout in the cyber world, and even get approval by like-minded peeps." ... you seem to be describing yourself chk071 :lol:

or do you propose that it's only people who have a different POV to yours, that 'don't get heard in the real world, and seek approval from like-minded peeps in cyber world'

.jon wrote:If it really is a Bastl USB-to-CV interface that integrates well with the new BWS modules while being cross-platform and more affordable than the Expert Sleepers solutions, it's really hot stuff tbh.

that's what it's likely to be, unless they just so happen to have two such devices to show case ...

Daags wrote: either of you geniuses have any data we can check out, to support this assertion ?
The fact that you feel adressed immediately is pretty telling too, even without any data. ;)

SLiC wrote: ...even if they are annoyed they will try the V2 demo, and probably like it!
I believe this to be the standard operating procedure. Most users of any software they've invested in will give it the benifit of the doubt.

I think it may be a little harder when comes to new users unless the features out weigh the upgrade scheme, time will tell. :?

chk071 wrote:
Daags wrote: either of you geniuses have any data we can check out, to support this assertion ?
The fact that you feel adressed immediately is pretty telling too, even without any data. ;)
Logic isn't your strong suit. An individual asking someone else to substantiate the outlandishly broad, generalised claim they have made gives no indication whatsoever of whether they feel explicitly addressed by said outlandishly broad, generalised claim. The fact that you would believe this, and worse, think it is 'telling' even in the absence of any data whatsoever is quite sad ... and ultimately undermines your ability to make generalisations effectively.

I guess you're just not a fan of evidence based thinking.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by Daags on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dude, if you saved the minutes to write that, and my 1 minute to read that, and, for a change, posted something constructive, the online wolrd would already be another step further to being a better place. All i read is trolling from you, especially in this thread. Think about it, there are really much better ways of spending your time, then useless hate and troll posts like yours, and arguing with someone on the net about trivial first world BS. It doesn't make you look very smart either. In fact it makes you look pretty dumb. Save your money, and move on, trollguy.

God bless you and america. :lol:

CTStump wrote:
SLiC wrote: ...even if they are annoyed they will try the V2 demo, and probably like it!
I believe this to be the standard operating procedure. Most users of any software they've invested in will give it the benifit of the doubt.

I think it may be a little harder when comes to new users unless the features out weigh the upgrade scheme, time will tell. :?
Well it's a cute scenario that they've created .... announced a big price hike for new users who would want to wait to demo v2 before purchasing, but simultaneously giving them an opportunity to buy v2 'blindly' at a cheaper price if they buy v1 now and simply hope v2 delivers.

There's a remarkable amount of 'faith' required for many aspects of this new v2 and spending your money. I guess simply presenting a product and asking you to buy it is not a business model that works for Bitwig, when one considers how v1's drawn out lifespan of bug fixes and updates played out especially.

"All things will be revealed in time."

This change may turn out to be really bad for them, or it may not, we'll have to wait and see. One thing we do know for sure is that most people who adamantly predict one thing or another as being fact rarely ever return later and admit to being wrong if it turns out the opposite way. ;)

Let's just wait and see what happens. Of course, patience is not necessarily a virtue of the modern daw user. I don't know how this will shake out. It may be 50/50 as to how the market (not the Internet, but the overall global purchasing market) reacts to it when push comes to shove. We'll see.

In the interim, we need to refresh the cat photos, some of them are getting stale. :tu:

Daags wrote: Well it's a cute scenario that they've created .... announced a big price hike for new users who would want to wait to demo v2 before purchasing, but simultaneously giving them an opportunity to buy v2 'blindly' at a cheaper price if they buy v1 now and simply hope v2 delivers.

There's a remarkable amount of 'faith' required for many aspects of this new v2 and spending your money. I guess simply presenting a product and asking you to buy it is not a business model that works for Bitwig, when one considers how v1's drawn out lifespan of bug fixes and updates played out especially.
It does make anyone on the outside wonder. But the v1 adopters already have a good idea of the progress in the form of features and updates and hot fixing. Were promises kept?, only they know. Outside of that is specilation and a little axegrinding.

Definitely, Demo first BEFORE you buy into any thing which requires you to trust them to come through in a scheme such as what is proposed in 12 months upgrade fees(if it's available).

Those already invested and are license holders of the software are more informed to make that decision to support that scheme.

LawrenceF wrote: In the interim, we need to refresh the cat photos, some of them are getting stale. :tu:
psssssst..... we're trying to NOT lock this thread. :lol:

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
.jon wrote:
Ooh, look at this! Here we have a psychic who knows the opinion of his imaginary, undefined group of people, and like a miracle, it just happens to be the same as his opinion!
It's always like that. The vocal people are the one that are not happy. Considering Bitwig must have thousands customers I'm pretty certain that people rantings are a minority.

ps: If you want a psychic evaluation, PM me, I'll give you my 1-976 phone number!
I consider myself to be part of the aforementioned silent majority. But I doubt that you know what I and others like me think about their new update and pricing scheme. But then again, who am I to speak about the meaning of silence, right? Maybe the silent majority that was said to be voting for Hillary Clinton will keep their business afloat the coming months. Who knows.

Yup that's all this thread needs... US politics to relate to an international developer of audio software. :party:

Nobody wants to pay more money. No one says there aren't users *willing* to pay more money for their software, but that's no reason to attack other users for what appears to be solid arguments.

Most of the arguments are based on Bitwig's reputation.

People are looking at what's possible for Bitwig over the course of 12 months in comparison to what they've done in 12 month intervals.

Their reputation, combined with the cost to stay "current" with updates and bugfixes is worrisome.

They present it as a mutually beneficial system for both developer and buyers, but again... there's that reputation thingy again.

No one is criticizing Bitwig because they want to see them fail, but on the contrary... many are concerned Bitwig will fail with this current system, because in addition to loosing *some* Bitwig users, there's very little to entice new Bitwig users who are already using competing products.

elxsound wrote:Most of the arguments are based on Bitwig's reputation.

People are looking at what's possible for Bitwig over the course of 12 months in comparison to what they've done in 12 month intervals.

Their reputation, combined with the cost to stay "current" with updates and bugfixes is worrisome.

They present it as a mutually beneficial system for both developer and buyers, but again... there's that reputation thingy again.

No one is criticizing Bitwig because they want to see them fail, but on the contrary... many are concerned Bitwig will fail with this current system, because in addition to loosing *some* Bitwig users, there's very little to entice new Bitwig users who are already using competing products.
concise and to the point. +1

Kai Enaki wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:
.jon wrote:

ps: If you want a psychic evaluation, PM me, I'll give you my 1-976 phone number!
I consider myself to be part of the aforementioned silent majority. But I doubt that you know what I and others like me think about their new update and pricing scheme. But then again, who am I to speak about the meaning of silence, right?
:tu:

SLiC wrote:Speaking as a BWS fan and long term user, I would 'guess' the majority of users are a little disappointed the V2 touted features such as an open modular system and 'network' sharing didn't make this update (whatever happened to network sharing, seems not even to be discussed).

That said, some stuff if there I wasn't expecting and I have gotten over my initial disappointment and now look forward to playing with the demo, again, I guess that will be the case for most people- even if they are annoyed they will try the V2 demo, and probably like it!
The network sharing was never of interest to me... so I don't care about it

And I also find fully modular environments too complex which makes them less productive for me. I kinda like where they have gone with it with the modulators which seems like a good balance between greater flexibility and ease of use.

I'm looking forward to trying v2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”